Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 10:18:52 AM EDT
Bought Mrs.E6 tickets for her birthday BEFORE the cow made her comment. Mrs.E6 isnt happy with the sign I'm bringing but she should get over it.

Ya'll think security will give me a hard time about bringing it in?

[img]http://www.ezshots.com/members/chetchat/images/chetchat-217.jpg[/img]

echo6
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
take some tomatos, rotten eggs, and the like too....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The question is, when they stop you at the door and take your sign--will you still go in?

How could you even begin to enjoy their concert?
Its beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
If they give you shit about the sign, call the ACLU. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
take some tomatoes, rotten eggs, and the like too....
View Quote

That did cross my mind but I'm going to stick to the sign for two reasons-

1- Jail is not a good place to spend the night.

2- I can handle the wife cutting me off for a day or 3. If I started chunking fruit it would be a [b]LONG[/b] sentence in the dog house
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
if i was taking a sign to the dixie bitch concert, thats not what mine would say........

[devil]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd bring a sign with some vapid "we love the chicks" statement one one side.  Then I would pocket an ink dauber and write whatever you wanted on the opposite side once you got in.  I don't think they'll let you in with that one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd bring a sign with some vapid "we love the chicks" statement one one side.  Then I would pocket an ink dauber and write whatever you wanted on the opposite side once you got in.  I don't think they'll let you in with that one.
View Quote

What do you think it says on the other side [;)]?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My devious thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice jammies. Yours?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do this, but leave enough space between words to ad to them once you get in. You could make it say "We'd love the Chix to ST*U, & leave America for franc NOW!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Dog shit, lot's of dog shit [:E]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Hehehe.  I like it.

But try to smuggle a camera into the concert, too.  We need some new photoshop material around here. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice jammies. Yours?
View Quote

LOL my daughter volunteered to hold the sign for the pic
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I decided I wanted to get the sign inside, so I folded it so it could be concealed- down my pants and up my back behind my shirt.
I got lots of positive remarks from fellow audience members, and only one negative.  At the end of the show, someone sitting behind me asked me what my sign said, when I turned around I got a big smile & a thumbs up from him, but from the girl sitting next to him I got a MAJOR sneer and an attempt to grab my sign.

All in all I would call the mission a success :)

I was the only person with any type of sign.

It also appeared that two of the 3 Dixie chicks wee wearing yellow ribbions :D

TJ- If Natilie had made her comment before I purchased the tickets, I would not have gone.
I almost didnt go but was coerced by Mrs.E6.
I still enjoy their music, but will not fund them any longer(no more Chicks CD's or concerts in the future)As to them going pop, I'm not supprised, nor bothered. Their opning act was Joan Osbourne, who is most certinly NOT a country artist(I [b]realy[/b] like Joan's music)Before she hooked up with the chicks, Natilie was the lead singer for a Punk band. More to add but its late & I'm wiped.

echo6

echo6
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]
They got a lot of nerve wearing yellow ribbons[:(!], but at least you got your sign in![:D]. If it was the only one at least they probably saw it. Congratulations on a successful mission. Searcher out
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They got a lot of nerve wearing yellow ribbons[:(!], but at least you got your sign in![:D]. If it was the only one at least they probably saw it. Congratulations on a successful mission. Searcher out
View Quote

Oh I'm sure they saw it and I'm sure they don't give a rats ass.  I just continue to lose faith in this country when I hear that "everybody liked my sign"  but everybody STILL WENT TO THE DAMN CONCERT!!!  I don't care if I paid $150 bucks to go I would still tear them up and NOT support those traitorous bitchs by showing up and cheering them on!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Treason is different than stupidity.
View Quote

Natalie Mange or whatever her name saying, "I'm ashamed I'm from the same state as President Bush" in England is not treason. However it is a mortal sin for a Texan to say that.  It is not the same as Jim McDermit(?) and David Bonior going to Baghdad before the war and saying the president would lie in order to go to war with Iraq and that [b]they[/b] didn't find any WMD's.  That's treason.

TS
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone see the sign that said:

"3 French Hens. No Dixie in these Chicks."

View Quote

Classic.  Wish I'd seen it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top