Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 10:15:32 AM EDT

FNC exclusive just reported.

Lynch can't remember anything about the events of her capture or ordeal as a POW.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
if thats true, then its probably a damn good thing
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess is she has been instructed to keep quiet. I bet when she gets her  medical disability discharge her memory comes back. Either that or she has made her movie/book deal and is keeping the true story silent until they are released.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
That frees up the screenwriters considerably, doesn't it??? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Considering one usually has to be conscious to acquire memory, I doubt she has much to forget. She was probably rendered unconscious prior to being captured, and was likely drugged / out from pain most of here time in the "hospital."

That is likely what kept her alive, so it worked for her. Won't work too well for a Lifetime TV mini-serries, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Besides being shot with a small caliber round in numerous places and other torture, I think she was sexually assaulted as well.  
Memory loss is not uncommon in that type of situation cause women tend to want to forget [i]that[/i] stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't a fair number of people involved in trauma forget what happened?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt she was raped; molested, perhaps.  These [b]are[/b] muslims we're dealing with, not heathens.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Mac buddy, you [red]screwed the pooch[/red] on that comment.
View Quote

Around here, we call that [i]making love[/i].[;)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I doubt she was raped; molested, perhaps.  These [b]are[/b] muslims we're dealing with, not heathens.
View Quote

[stick]

What kind of space cadet are you?  A little explanation.  The muslims are the ones that maintain Harems.  The muslims are the ones behind the international sex slave rings.  She is a beautiful young blonde, the primary target.  Part of the crimes reported by the populace against their military was of raping the women.  

2 probable causes of the amnesia are unconciousness and shock.  I pray for her that as the memories come back, they do not do too much damage.  I pray that she can live as normal a life as is possible.  This young lady wants to be a school teacher, so obviously has a love of children.  I hope that her experiences do not interfere with her conception of children of her own or cause psychological problems that will cause her to be unable to teach.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I doubt she was raped; molested, perhaps. These are muslims we're dealing with, not heathens.
View Quote

This has nothing to do with Muslims.

The Serbs (Christians) used rape as a tactic to terrorize Muslims in the Balkans.

The Iraqi government used rape as a terror tool against their own people.

If I remember right there were reports the female doctor captured by Iraq in the first Gulf War was repeatedly raped.

In the case of the Iraqi government you are dealing with deranged animals.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Imbroglio: The Return
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#16]
She wasn't shot.

"On his first visit, Mohammed slipped into Jessica's room after her captor had left. She was lying in bed, a blanket drawn up to her chin, he said. There was a bandage on her head, and one arm was in a sling. Mohammed said she had gunshot wounds to both legs. [b]Lynch's father, Greg Lynch Sr. of Palestine, W.Va., said Thursday that military doctors told him she was not shot but had two broken legs.[/b]"

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-04-03-jessica-inside-usat_x.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She wasn't shot.

"On his first visit, Mohammed slipped into Jessica's room after her captor had left. She was lying in bed, a blanket drawn up to her chin, he said. There was a bandage on her head, and one arm was in a sling. Mohammed said she had gunshot wounds to both legs. [b]Lynch's father, Greg Lynch Sr. of Palestine, W.Va., said Thursday that military doctors told him she was not shot but had two broken legs.[/b]"

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-04-03-jessica-inside-usat_x.htm[/url]
View Quote

You say that with quite a sense of confidence. We still don't know squat! Initial reports in the fog of war combined with a media feding frenzy mean absolutely nothing. Anybody "in the know" has not been talking.

All will come out in the wash. Most people in my line of work prefer not to feed the media trolls.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]
If I were caught in the kind of media circus she's in, I'd develop 'amnesia' too...

Maybe she just wants to get rid of the reporters, publishers, etc... and get on with life...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Bulldog1967 wrote:
She wasn't shot.
View Quote
 I beg to differ.
[url=www.herald-dispatch.com/2003/April/05/LNspot.htm]According to this[/url] the military hospital announced that upon inspection of her injuries they discovered that she had been shot in one arm and one leg with "small caliber, low velocity" rounds.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of you don't understand humor. This post is overflowing with humor.

get a grip folks.....laughing once in a while won't kill you....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I doubt she was raped; molested, perhaps. These are muslims we're dealing with, not heathens.
View Quote

This has nothing to do with Muslims.

The Serbs (Christians) used rape as a tactic to terrorize Muslims in the Balkans.

The Iraqi government used rape as a terror tool against their own people.

If I remember right there were reports the female doctor captured by Iraq in the first Gulf War was repeatedly raped.

In the case of the Iraqi government you are dealing with deranged animals.
View Quote

Very true Max_Mike, rape is not a characteristic of any religion, besides, what is are do you think the religions are of the people who run US Sex rings?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Temporary memory loss is a common occurrence in very traumatic incidents.  Even people involved in automobile accidents sometimes suffer from it.

IIRC, the Central Park jogger who was raped and very nearly killed in NYC 10 years or so ago has still never remembered what happened to her.

Also, before anyone get too smug about Muslims raping women they might want to look at the number of rapes reported in the good old US of A!!   Granted, we take it a lot more seriously than some Muslim countries where they actually blame the victim!!

And I guess everyone has conveniently forgotten the US service members who raped a child in, IIRC, Okinawa a few years ago.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#23]
President Reagan?

President Clinton?

Are we traveling familiar ground here?

Just curious...

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Also, before anyone get too smug about Muslims raping women they might want to look at the number of rapes reported in the good old US of A!!
View Quote
WTF are you talking about being "smug" [b]199[/b]?

We're talking about what the Iraqi Gov't does to it's citizens - not what citizens do to each other [stick]

[url=http://usinfo.state.gov/regional/nea/iraq/text/1009irwom.htm]Iraqi Women Speak Out about Life under Saddam's Dictatorship
[/url]

October, 2002

Washington ? In 1991, Sabria Mahdi Naama and her children found themselves fleeing for their lives from their native land, Iraq. Her husband, Abbas Kareem Naama, had been gone for months and she had no idea if he was alive or dead.

Naama brought a National Press Club audience to tears October 4 as she recounted her family's arduous journey to freedom after months of hiding from Saddam Hussein's security forces.
A country where people are ethnically cleansed ... rape is systematic . . . congenital malformation, birth defects, infertility, cancer and various disorders are the results of Saddam's gassing of his own people ... the killing and torturing of husbands in front of their wives and children occurs ... Iraq under Saddam has become a hell and a museum of crimes," Al Souhail said.
"The heads of many women have been publicly cut off in the streets under the pretext of being liars, while in fact they mostly belonged to families opposing the Iraqi regime. Women, especially dissident women, have been raped by members of Saddam Hussein's gang ... The wives of dissidents have been either killed or tortured in front of their husbands in order to obtain confessions from their husbands . . . Women have been kidnapped as they walk in the streets by members of the gangs of Uday and Qusay [Saddam?s sons] and then raped," Shallal said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
... We're talking about what the Iraqi Gov't does to it's citizens - not what citizens do to each other ...
View Quote

??

I just don’t see that in the posts [b]above[/b] mine, excepting [b]Max_Mike[/b]’s, which I basically agree with.

If you’re limiting this to Iraqi government policy and not Muslims in general, then I agree with you!!

(Which just shows what an easy-going guy I am!!  [:D] )
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Actually I WAS just referring to what (probably) happened to Pfc Lynch and the MoslemMaggots in the Iraqi Gov't/military who committed those acts rather than ALL Muslims.

I'm sure that out of a BILLION Muslims, there are those that don't act like savage, inhuman, medieval barbarians. [:)]

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
After the last war ALL of the female POW's "forgot" about getting raped and abused for several years.  I am sure it was "recommended" she "forget" about her ordeal while we are trying to rebuild Iraq. This will maintain positive public image for the government. Later, she will "remember" in time for a movie or book deal.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually I WAS just referring to what (probably) happened to Pfc Lynch and the MoslemMaggots in the Iraqi Gov't/military who committed those acts rather than ALL Muslims.

I'm sure that out of a BILLION Muslims, there are those that don't act like savage, inhuman, medieval barbarians. [

Maybe you probably shouldn't conger up make believe scenarios about (probably what happened)!

Probably as opposed to really!  Shut your Pie hole in respect for a fallen soldier!

When the truth(or what she says is true for her) comes out then post with your Edgar C. gift!

Bob

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top