Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 11:58:26 PM EDT

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss helped to kick off a historic day on Australia's stock market Thursday.

It's the first time that shares in a brothel have been listed on the exchange.

Shares of The Daily Planet were offered at 31 cents each, and debuted higher at 43 cents. By late trading, shares were up 90 percent to 59 cents each.

The chief executive of The Daily Planet said the Melbourne-based brothel raised more than $2 million in its initial public offering.

He said the company plans to franchise the business in other Australian cities and build a "mega" brothel in Sydney.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow prostitution is legal in Australia. I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

prostitution is legal in almost every country in the world, except for the U.S.A. and Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

prostitution is legal in almost every country in the world, except for the U.S.A. and Saudi Arabia.
View Quote

[Gomer Pyle] Well, Golleee! [/Gomer Pyle]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant wait till is splits. [ba-ding!]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#5]
So, can I buy stock or is that illegal?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, can I buy stock or is that illegal?
View Quote

If you do, would that make you a pimp?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you do, would that make you a pimp?
View Quote

Are you saying I would have to have a purple car with gold wheels and wear a yellow suit and hat with rhinestones?

I don't look good in yellow.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Its stll legal in Nevada USA.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, the shares are for a shell company which owns the building the brothel is located in. The brothel business is linked to the shell company, but the shares are in the company which owns the building and earns it's money through leasing the building to the brothel business. Any dividends from the shares are from the lease payments for the building, not directly from the brothel itself.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Does this mean the Annual Stockholders Report will have to be mailed in a brown wrapper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top