Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 9:00:33 PM EDT
Would it bother you if every time you went shooting with your wife, or girl friend, she was able to seriously out shoot you?
For me I would love for my wife to be a great shot. Just not as great as me. I wouldn't mind being a good cook, but I wouldn't want to show my wife up at ever even if I was abel to. I hope that doesn't make me a MCP, but if it does, I can live with it.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Trust me, even women don't like to be outshot by my wife. [:D]

It ain't just a man thing. Never heard so much sucking of teeth in my life.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My Mom could out shoot my Dad. He would brag about her marksmanship but I thing it also embarrassed him. I think it would bother me somewhat.
My boys on the other hand, now that's different. I took them to shoot an MP5 and they cared more about their grouping than I did. My oldest "13" 67 rnds in 5" group @ 7 yds.
I told them their Grampa would have been proud.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I think being outshot by a woman is COOL.

Chicks that can take care of business on their own give me wood [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
True story:

My brother's wife gives him a Marlin 336 .30-30 and a scope for Christmas.  (He did ask specifically for that, but that doesn't matter to this story.)

I'm the gun-nut in the family with the range membership, so off we all three go to the range to sight it in.

Wayne gets it printing on paper, then sets the target out to 100 yards and starts working on fine tuning it.  Finally, he's able to shoot a three-round group about 2, 2.5" centered near the bullseye.  Then he asks Cindy if she wants to try.  "Yes, but I don't know how to shoot it," she says.  So Wayne explains how a lever action works, and explains about the crosshairs in the scope (kinda patronizing in my opinion, but whatever...)

Anyway, Cindy settles down behind the rifle, rested firmly on the sandbags, and proceeds to take about three minutes to squeeze off three rounds.

Her group is about 1".

She's pissed because the group is high and right of the bullseye.

"I thought you said you didn't know how to shoot," Wayne says.

"I've never shot a [i]lever-action[/i] before," she replies, "I [i]know[/i] how to [i]shoot.[/i]"

[rofl]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like you need more practice.  One advantage that women have over men on the range is that they actually LISTEN to instruction instead of continuing their bad habits.
View Quote

We all need more practice knuckle head![:D] My wife has never outshot me. She doesn't shoot that much, it's just not her thing. I quald expert every time while I was in the Corps, but heck yah! bring on the practice. I would love it. Shooting to much is like breathing to much.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be happy to find a woman to go out with me, let alone marry me.

She shoots?  Even better.

She can outshoot me?  Fandamntastic!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Btt
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I outshoot my wife with everything except a .22 and trap and skeet.  My wife can make astonishing shots with a 10/22 at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Took a girlfriend of mine to a rifle match last Saturday,Out shot me and my most of my buddies.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:15:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd be happy to find a woman to go out with me, let alone marry me.

She shoots?  Even better.

She can outshoot me?  Fandamntastic!!
View Quote

Ditto.........
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Heck no.
Would be great.
Would mean she would be able to handle herself better in the need ever arised...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#14]
It wouldn't bother me if my woman outshot me. Hell, I'd be thrilled if she took enough interest to come shooting even once!

Well, ok, it [i]would[/i] bother me, but not because it was a woman, it would bother me because I hate being outshot! It would be the same if any of my buddies outshot me. Of course, most of them do (they've been at it longer), but I'm working on it!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I took my wife to the indoor handgun range one time.  She likes shooting my rifles and was just getting into handgun shooting.  I had her start out with the 9mm just to get used to it.  

After a while, I pulled out my .45 and told her that i was surgical with this gun.  Biggest mistake.  She outshot me like noone's business.  Of course, she is from the mountains of PA and grew up with a gun in her hand.  

Seriously, it is great to have a woman to shoot with, even if she can occasionally outshoot you
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#16]
While my wife has never out shot me, I think given enough practice she probably could. I had a friend that had a pistol with a laser on it, & he was showing it to us during a visit. I held id & put the laser on several items in the room. I could really see the amount of movement in my hand while holding on a target, but when my wife held on the same targets she was rock steady, as far as I could see. I think if she knew more about shooting she could drive tacks with a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#18]
That depend's.........Is she hot? [naughty]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#19]
It could be worse. What if an ANTI-gunner could out shoot you? [;D]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

Ouch! I hadn't ever thought of that. You sir are a PUNK![:D] I would be [furious] if that happened to me. How did it make you feel ArmaLiter?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

Ouch! I hadn't ever thought of that. You sir are a PUNK![:D] I would be [furious] if that happened to me. How did it make you feel ArmaLiter?
View Quote

[LOLabove]  [LOL]  [ROFL] [ROFL2]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#22]
my girlfriend can outshoot me now.....I spent several years learning how to shoot and getting very accurate....then I met the red goat and learned to bump-fire...now I just want to make noise while she is hiding in the weeds shooting nickles.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Naw, I've gotten used to it!
She's better with a rifle, but I can still out shoot her with a pistol, (for now).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top