Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 5:43:54 PM EDT
i've ripped a few tracks off on KAZAA, it sounds better than the recent crap they've been putting out

more in the spirit of their older stuff

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
doh, i guess some of the tracks out on kazaa titled 'metallica' 'st. anger' aren't really metallica

someone figured out a way to get samples of their music spread around a lot, lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
How'd you figure out that you got burned?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
the guy started singing

didn't sound right

so i searched google for "st anger" +kazaa

and found talk of a lot of bogus mp3 files out there

some real ones may be out there, i've only downloaded 2 so far

the album hasn't been released yet
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
yah, thier are a ton of fakes out there. im betting the first we here from St. Anger will be on the radio.

some prisoners at san quinten (sp?) got a sneak preveiw though
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah i read about that on their website

a fricken concert from a prison

funny

from their website:

I noticed him standing there, shirtless, back to me, heavily tattooed. He was a skinhead, as in no hair. He wore a huge, immovable grin and black wrap sunglasses. One of the guards told me he was a 'lifer (in jail for life, no chance of parole). The initials 'FTW' were tattooed onto the nape of neck. 'Fuck The World'. I doubted he was prone to outbursts of immovable grinning, or any displays of happiness come to think of it. Of course this man was excited that Metallica was here, but more than anything I sensed he was enjoying an all-too-rare feeling of being proud. Proud that they'd offered to do a show for the inmates. Proud that they'd donated $10,000 towards the San Quentin Giants baseball field, about 400 ft opposite the makeshift stage in the main exercise yard. But more than anything, I sensed that he was proud they'd volunteered to offer a little bit of relief from an endless stretch of time, and by doing so, to recognize that so many of these prisoners are human beings too.

View Quote

[wacko] "so many of these prisoners are human beings too"

yeah right, untill  you read what they did to get in there
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
if you did'nt get a tingly feeling of gayness, its not the real thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Metallica last good album was "..And Justic For All". But I kept buying the crap they put out, because I have always been a die hard Metallica fan. So I will get this one to.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Metallica last good album was "..And Justic For All". But I kept buying the crap they put out, because I have always been a die hard Metallica fan. So I will get this one to.
View Quote

for me it's Puppets.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember the "justice for all tour." Seven crazy drunks cruizin a van jones'in for pizza half way to the concert. "Harvestor of dominoes, lauguage of the cheese"... guess you had to be there. What year was that?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Metallica... Isn't that that band who killed Napster? I'd amost forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me. Now I can remember to never buy their music again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Metallica... Isn't that that band who killed Napster? I'd amost forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me. Now I can remember to never buy their music again.
View Quote

no worries,
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.....i couldn't agree more.

Screw em!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, along with 4 of the 5 big record labels in the US, lots of bands sued Napster, Metallica was just the must public and effective. Napsters downfall led the way for Kazaa and other file sharing programs which are way better IMHO.

I remain a fan, and will buy St. Anger.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Metallica... Isn't that that band who killed Napster?
View Quote
And what's so bad about that?

Napster was legally over the line.

The current crop of file-sharing programs are better than Napster and don't violate any laws.

And I don't see Metallica going after them, are they?

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Napster was 'the first', and on its way to becoming the 'Windows of File Sharing'...

Poor software design

Great marketing

Huge user base

The elimination of their system actually was GOOD for file-sharing software, since it spurred developers to write better, more distributed software (WinMX, Kazza, etc)...

And Metallica wasn't the only one to sue. They were just the most public, due to the fact that (1) they're Metallica, and (2) they made a huge stink.

The band-suits, however, did not kill Napster. The record corps did, allong with some end-game screweups by Napster itself (dealing with that German music company, for one)...

I have no grudge...

Then again, most of my Metallica stuff is downloaded or taped from the radio...
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know the specifics but the record companies have lost their last two lawsuits against Kazaa and the Morpheus/Grokster companies. If I understood correctly the only legal avenue left was to go after the people actually doing the downloading.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope I don't hear any of it. I think Metallica sucks.
AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top