Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 4:18:10 PM EDT
First, let me say that X2 is a great movie. One of the better trailers that they showed was for a movie called '28 Days Later'. It is a British zombie flick directed by the guy who did TRAINSPOTTING (Danny Boyle). This show looks like it has serious potential to say the least. Enjoy!

Here is the URL for the movie website: [url]http://www.foxsearchlight.com/28dayslater/[/url]

More importantly here is the URL for the trailers: [url]http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/28_days_later/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Update: The trailer shown in the theater is way better then the one I posted a URL for. Sorry.

Edit: Additional research shows that it will be released on DVD in the UK on 19 May 03.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
ha, it would be pretty cool if SARS turned 80% of the world population in to flesh eating zombies

The Story
After breaking into a primate research facility, a group of animal rights activists discover caged chimps chained up before banks of screens displaying horrifically violent images. Ignoring the warnings of the terrified researcher who maintains the chimps are ’infected’, they begin to free the animals and are immediately subjected to a bloody attack from the enraged creatures.

28 days later... Cycle courier Jim (Cillian Murphy) awakes from a coma in the deserted intensive care unit of a London hospital. Mystified, he wanders the wards and corridors in search of others and eventually heads into the city streets, calling out for help. As the shadows lengthen Jim seeks shelter in a church only to find dead bodies piled in heaps on the chapel floor. A sudden noise alerts him to the presence of a priest but his lightening speed, blood stained eyes and murderous screams send Jim reeling into the street. More “infected” are attracted by the noise and Jim runs in panic and confusion as a growing flock sprint after him through the dark streets.

A sudden explosion from a makeshift bomb heralds the arrival of fellow “survivors” Selina (NAOMIE HARRIS) and Mark (NOAH HUNTLEY). Following a daring rescue they take Jim to safety and start to explain to him the nature of the infection, that it is transmitted in the blood, is overwhelming within seconds, that Britain has been overrun and that they have no way of knowing if it has spread worldwide.
View Quote

damn hippies
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
cool,there's never enough zombie flicks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
cool,there's never enough zombie flicks.
View Quote

true, my favorite zombie movie is "Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town".
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:12:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The creator is a fucking genius.  We've been saying all along that liberals will be the end of civilization.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
...but his lightning speed, blood stained eyes and murderous screams send Jim reeling into the street. More “infected” are attracted by the noise and Jim runs in panic and confusion as a growing flock sprint after him through the dark streets.
View Quote

Lightning speed?  Sprinting zombies?

When did this happen?  I have my entire zombie defense structure based on the premise that they are slow and clumsy.  Now, I have to completely rethink my defenses.  I'm going to need more concertina and maybe some claymores.  Yes, definitely claymores.  

Dammit, why didn't we hear of this sooner?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...but his lightning speed, blood stained eyes and murderous screams send Jim reeling into the street. More “infected” are attracted by the noise and Jim runs in panic and confusion as a growing flock sprint after him through the dark streets.
View Quote

When did this happen?  I have my entire zombie defense structure based on the premise that they are slow and clumsy.  Now, I have to completely rethink my defenses.  I'm going to need more concertina and maybe some claymores.  Yes, definitely claymores.  

View Quote

The hoards of sasquachs riding rogue circus elephants will balance it all out.  It's a well-known fact of zombie/monster/alien/liberal versus human warfare that the zombies, monsters, aliens, and liberals all hate each other and will reflexively attack one another even if a human enemy is present.  You just need to be patient and wait for them to thin themselves out and then attack the survivors (bound to be exhausted and confused from the fighting) while they are still vulnerable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Zombies and 28 days.

Sorry I thought this was a PMS thread.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Yeah Johnny, this has got me bumming.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to need more concertina and maybe some claymores. Yes, definitely claymores.
View Quote

And Grenades work great too on on-line training...ah...errr...gaming. Yeah... definitely more grenades... .
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Of course they overun Britain, they don't have any fu**ing guns![:D]Maybe the director is making a subtle point here or maybe just wishful thinking on my part.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Isn't George Romero gonna remake Dawn of The Dead?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn, I can't wait! [jump]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#17]
There's going to be another Resident Evil too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Coincidentally this looks like a good Vampire/Werewolf movie too:

[url]http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworld/[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top