Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 2:21:05 PM EDT
Please come and express your condolences in the New England local board.  This rocky outcropping is the symbol of NH, on the side of a beautiful mountian, and it collapsed into rubble today!  :(

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=26&t=169741[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/Northeast/05/03/old.man.mountian.ap/story.n.h.old.man.ap.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
A truly sad day.  I went to college in NH and had seen the old man in person many times and this news is sad but experts in the field have known for some time that this was inevitable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
There is one very similar to it in the river valley town of St.Croix falls Wisconsin. It's called the old man of the dells. I'm sorry ya'll lost your old man. I would feel bad if St.Croix falls old man bought the river too.[:(]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Never got to see it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn that gravity,,,,,,,we gotta make a law to stop it from making things fall down. Where's Algore when you need him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Al queda?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This image will be an everlasting image in the hearts and minds of the people who have seen it.  I have had the privilege to see it.  Also it will be on the quarters now too...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
this is downright tragic. our state has only two things that outsiders might know of, one is the state motto of "live free or die", the other is the old man in the mountains. about a thousand named places are screwed to now have to come up with another name. up where this is, every third buisiness is named ,old man motor lodge/ old man in the mountain restaurant,the old man in the mountain tavern, etc.
if you're not from near here, what comes to YOUR mind when you think of new hampshire?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
You also have moose and Massad Ayoob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top