Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2003 10:47:56 AM EDT
Lets make a comparison to the hip hop music scene. Tupac and Biggie had their spat and they are both dead. I guess thats what happens when you claim to have "Fvcked your B1tch mutha fvcka". Their camps killed eachother. Insane Clown Posse mouthed off to Eminem in a club and M pulled a glock. Snoop Dog shot some poor schmuck and Jam Master J got it in the back of the head. P diddy had an attempt on his life from his rivals.

Now that the Dixie chicks are bashing Toby Keith, whats going to happen to them? Will country follow hip hop's lead? What if the bitches meet Toby Keith in club, with a bottle of bub... Will Toby lay the smack down? MTV needs to have a celebrity death match with the Dixie Bitches vs. Toby Keith and Tracy Byrd.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[rofl][rofl2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Country is more genteel.

Huntin' rifles at ten paces!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Toby gonna put a cap in them biotches azzas![sniper]

Not really.  He will probably buy them each a glass of wine and go over and pounce Shania![sex]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
dat shet is funny yo!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats effin hilarious!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny stuff. The "poor schmuck" that Snoop aired out was yankin' out his own piece when he got it though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die."
View Quote

Sound like a gangster to me. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Seriously though, is it to sell more records? Dixie Chicks albums are selling quite well still I hear. Also most of their concerts have sold out. Hopefully fans are heckling them throughout their performances. But anywho. Who do you think would pull a G-Lock and busta cap in they junk?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Most Country music is crap...heard a good, new one last night...Alan Jackson and George Jones...something about the murder of classic country music.

If the Shania Twains are not stopped, we might have "gansta" country music in a few years.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Nashville sucks. Classic country and Texas/Oklahoma is the only good stuff left. Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Sr, David Allan Coe.....cant beat the classics
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Toby will probley invite them over for a drink and have a foursome. I know I would.[sex]
If for nothing more than a grudge.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nashville sucks. Classic country and Texas/Oklahoma is the only good stuff left. Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Sr, David Allan Coe.....cant beat the classics
View Quote

Amen to that!

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Ty Herndon was arrested in 1995 for soliciting sex and selling crank in a Ft. Worth park. Received a deferred sentence.

Tracy Lawrence was shot in 1992 outside of a motel. A few years later, he and his brother were arrested for trying to chase down and shoot a car full of people in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Country is more genteel.

Huntin' rifles at ten paces!
View Quote

That would be "shootin' irons".
View Quote
[nono][i]COUNTRY[/i] is "huntin' rifles at ten paces."

[i]Western[/i] is "shootin' irons in the street at high noon."
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Aside from the rappers shooting shooting each other,wasn't someone going around and killing a number of the others? I haven't heard anything since the guy credited with starting hip-hop or some such was killed last year.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

HECK YEA!!!!!!!!

I also like to listen to Hank Jr and Johnny Cash..... newer stuff, I like to listen to Travis Tritt, Tim McGraw, and Toby Keith

Sun night, local country station plays the clasics.... man I love that radio show.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ty Herndon was arrested in 1995 for soliciting sex and selling crank in a Ft. Worth park. Received a deferred sentence.

Tracy Lawrence was shot in 1992 outside of a motel. A few years later, he and his brother were arrested for trying to chase down and shoot a car full of people in Tennessee.
View Quote

Well hell some ones got to fill old Johnnie Paychecks shoes!   Don't they?

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#19]
QUIT HIJACKING MY THREAD OR I'LL BUSTA CAP IN YO ASSSS!!!! THIS IS ABOUT ONE THING. IS TOBY GONNA RESPOND TO THE CRITICISM IN HIS MUSIC OR WILL HE STRAIGHT UP PULL A STRAP AN GO GLA!!GLA!!GLA!!GLA!! This isn't a debate over Nashville/Texas. Take that shit elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
i think toby will sling some lead!  and on the nashville/TX issue...it totally fits into the theme...same thing..rival camps...will Austin nuke Nashville?? HMMM.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Aside from the rappers shooting shooting each other,wasn't someone going around and killing a number of the others? I haven't heard anything since the guy credited with starting hip-hop or some such was killed last year.
View Quote

Yeah, Jam Master Jay of Run DMC was shot in his office in New York. They haven't caught anyone in it that I have heard about, but Run DMC have generally been considered strait arrows-unusual in that industry, but they came up in the pre-gangsta era. However because he had a reputation for being a good guy he may have gotten wacked by the "East Coast Family" as they try to control the talent market out there. There is little room for a honest producer who cooperates with law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#22]
It's too bad when a business doesn't have room for decent people. It's the pattern of other killings that raises the eyebrows.

To stay on topic, would you say country and western is in its pre-gangsta era?[:)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
nope I doubt theyll ever do anything. Toby might slam them in his next song but thats about it.
Why worry bout them two?
Ja Rule and 50 Cent are battln right now and I got money on that at least one of them will end up dead over 50s buddy stealin Ja Rules Bling Bling.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:33:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...Tupac and Biggie had their spat and they are both dead. I guess thats what happens when you claim to have "Fvcked your B1tch mutha fvcka". Their camps killed eachother. Insane Clown Posse mouthed off to Eminem in a club and M pulled a glock. Snoop Dog shot some poor schmuck and Jam Master J got it in the back of the head. P diddy had an attempt on his life from his rivals.

View Quote

Quoted:

QUIT HIJACKING MY THREAD OR I'LL BUSTA CAP IN YO ASSSS!!!! THIS IS ABOUT ONE THING. IS TOBY GONNA RESPOND TO THE CRITICISM IN HIS MUSIC OR WILL HE STRAIGHT UP PULL A STRAP AN GO GLA!!GLA!!GLA!!GLA!!
View Quote

Quoted:

...Ja Rule and 50 Cent are battln right now and I got money on that at least one of them will end up dead over 50s buddy stealin Ja Rules Bling Bling.
View Quote

Oy!! My head hurts...[slap]

I would add Dwight Yokam to the list of "traditionalists" as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I would add Dwight Yokam to the list of "traditionalists" as well.
View Quote

Actually, I think Dwight can be considered an ARTIST, rather than a manufactured singer. I read an article a few years ago and his contract is supposedly unique within country music. He's not required to make so many albums within a certain timeframe, he's not required to make any albums of a certain type or theme, and he's not required to make so many public appearances, like at that redneck world's fair, "Fan Fair." He does more or less what he wants and he and his partner/lead guitarist, Pete Anderson, make all of the decisions, call all of the shots.

Everything else is just synthetic.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Sew'_Urch'  (my pathetic attempt to emulate rappers) -

How the hell do you know so much about rap [s]music[/s] and its perptrators?  (PT Barnum was right.)

Seems like natural selection at work to me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Next time you see Toby and Willies new video for Whiskey for my men and beer for our horses watch Keiths gun handling skills. He would probably shoot himself before he could shoot a Chick.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#28]
AeroE,

The proper way to pronounce my "hip hop" name would be Ess Ur, Chee as in P diddy, J lo, T Mac, etc. I know these things because, uh, I watch way to much TV.

By the way I am not suggesting in any way that toby keith or anyone should shoot the dixie chicks or natalie maines. However, I wouldn't cry if she died.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 3:38:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i think toby will sling some lead!  and on the nashville/TX issue...it totally fits into the theme...same thing..rival camps...will Austin nuke Nashville?? HMMM.  
View Quote
Austin nuked Nashville in 1970 when we got Willie back.
They've been trying to exact their revenge for 33 years for losing Willie back to Austin. [:D]
View Quote
never thought of it that way DF..but good point [beer] besides..hell..we all know where the best country comes from these days anyway....and its not anywhere in Tenn. OH..and ...BUDDY SET!!!   GO!!!! (buddy movin!)
[red]*edited to lay down cover fire for Toby*[/red]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Rap is a "musical" form that came out of a depressed culture.  In the beginning (late '70s) it was harmless, but when the gangsters took over it degraded to the point of being a money laundering operation for criminal activities. It's also a major PR arm for the gangsters.  They legitimize their "culture" through rap and rationalize the behaviors as "maintaining their street cred."

If anyone needs evidence that Evil with a capital E is at work in our culture, the Gangsta Rap business is clear evidence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top