Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2003 9:43:23 AM EDT
Just heard it on the radio.

The Dixie Chick were guests on some radio show down south to promote their album or tour or some shit.

During the interview they clarified that they were sorry for saying they were ashamed that POTUS was from their home state.

At the conclusion of the interview, the radio host asked them if they would be willing to donate a few bucks to the station's charity in which all monies will go to the families of troops that are financially strapped due to the war.

Guess what they said. Not just "No.", but an emphatic "No." and an explanation with something along the lines of "why should we, they're fighting an illegal war".

Boy, did they just shoot themselves in the foot.

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

-UHLEK-
View Quote

Again. What's gnu.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
-UHLEK-
View Quote

....again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
They're gonna run out of feet pretty soon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
You can't be serious.....

Has this been confirmed?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Verified? What station?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Verified? What station?
View Quote

570 KVI AM, Seattle, Washington.

It was during their news break at the top of the hour, just before Rush comes on. Their news affilliate is FOX News, and they're pretty accurate about things.

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#7]
WTF is wrong with these bitches?  I guess they don't want to sell any more albums - except maybe to some peace-mongers!

The dumb keep getting dumber!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-UHLEK-
View Quote

Again. What's gnu.
View Quote

A recursive name that stands for:

"GNU's Not Unix"
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Was it Natalie who said this?  She seems to do most of the talking for the group, and puts her fat foot in it too.

Bilster

PS  Do they think that pissing off their original fan base they will become even more beloved from the cross over base?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Dumb bitches...
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's a recent photo of them.
[:E]    [:E]     [:E]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]
If this is true, they just slid off my shit list and onto my dick list.

The red-hot-throbing dick list is reserved for people like Streisand, Klinton, etc....
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#13]
There has to be an audio clip of this.
These cunts have no shame.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#14]
This is a financial opportunity for me.

I'm gonna start selling mint flavored shoes to those girls so the next time they put their foot in their mouth they don't taste the dogshit they just stepped in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Those girls are a serious I.Q. black hole vortex. Just when I thought they couldn't stink anymore than they already do,[red][size=6] BANG!![/size=6][/red] they crank it up a notch!

I bet their easy to track, it would be just like following the slime track of 3 snails!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I think we ought to go to the DC Tour thread and note the dates & locations of their scheduled concerts.  Then take this information and send it to the country stations in those cities, along with anyone you might know in the area.  Slam 'em!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those girls are a serious I.Q. black hole vortex. Just when I thought they couldn't stink anymore than they already do,[red][size=6] BANG!![/size=6][/red] they crank it up a notch!

I bet their easy to track, it would be just like following the slime track of 3 [red]SLUGS[/red]!
View Quote

Searcher
  Just a little help there, I think you correct on your thinking just typed the wrong word. [;)]

They should have a boycot slammed on their ass, I know I will never buy another song they sing, and I have trashed their music that I did own.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#19]
was it the fat cunt that opened her pie hole again?  i hope so.  i have a bet going on in the forum with another member that she'll be out of the group by year's end.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I have seen absolutely nothing about this anywhere.  Until some independent corroboration comes in, I'm going to have to call [BS].
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I find it hard to believe they would be that stupid (even for them) The last time they said it, they were in front of a anti-war crowd.  This time, they are at a radio station in the south.  

If it is true, it is even worse that their concerts will continue to sell out and many will say that they were right
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Just say no, to the chicks
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Should this surprise anyone? The Dixie Chickens didn't surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
... "why should we, they're fighting an illegal war". ...
View Quote

I’m certainly no fan of the Dixie Chicks, but this is really hard to believe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know if this has been confirmed or not, but I doubt it.  Regardless, I wouldn't give a bucket of cold spit for the Dixie Chicks.  They have made their money and achieved their fame by pretending to be true Texans and proud of their souther heritage. They forgot where they come from and they crossed the line by having the nerve to talk that kind of smack in foreign country.  

THEY HAVE FOREFEITED THEIR RIGHT TO CALL THEMSELVES "TEXANS".  

Where I am from we are damn proud that POTUS is from Texas. Being born and bred in this wonderful place, I am ashamed the Dixie Chicks are from my home state.

F*cking bukkakes need to move to Kalifornia (no offense).

Rant over...............

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah I'm going to have to hold off judgement on this until it can be verified.  Surely they wouldn't say something that stupid again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm going to have to hold off judgement on this until it can be verified.  Surely they wouldn't say something that stupid again.
View Quote

Since the first comment that was made, what have they done right?

DVDTracker, I'll take 5.
SSD
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey DVD Tracker..
I'll take 2 pins and 4 stickers if you make 'em.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never underestimate the power of pure unadulterated stupidity, esp. from people in groups. With these clowns, anything's possible.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken
seriously.
--HUBERT HUMPHREY
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Its just not true,in fact at there first tour engagment an atagoniostic DJ hired the Marshall Tucker band to preform at the same time as the chicks!

He went so far as too say anybody whom would trade there Dixie Chicks tickets in would get to see Marshall Tucker!

Hell I like the Chicks,but would rather see Marshall Tucker!   But the Chicks Still sold out!

Tell it like it was!    Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't know if this has been confirmed or not, but I doubt it.  Regardless, I wouldn't give a bucket of cold spit for the Dixie Chicks.  They have made their money and achieved their fame by pretending to be true Texans and proud of their souther heritage. They forgot where they come from and they crossed the line by having the nerve to talk that kind of smack in foreign country.  

Where I am from we are damn proud that POTUS is from Texas. Being born and bred in this wonderful place, I am ashamed the Dixie Chicks are from my home state.

Rant over...............

View Quote

Damn dude you just said the same thing they did,that they were sorry you came from their state!    I'll never ever support your singing Gig!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#33]
great musicians...TERRIBLE public speakers.  you'd think even if they DID feel that way...they'd be a little shrewder business wise and just keep their opinions to themselves..i guess they like losing 85%+ of their fan base.  stupid bitches....i say things that piss people off from time to time....but i think about what i'm gonna say...and i DEFINITELY dont intentionally piss the people off that pay the bills and put food on my table.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rant over...............

View Quote

Damn dude you just said the same thing they did,that they were sorry you came from their state!    I'll never ever support your singing Gig!

Bob [:D]
View Quote

Yeah that was the point.  Guess I'll have to work for a living..............

I still don't like the chicks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#35]
As far as I can tell they havent lost anything thier shows are still selling out. They can say whaqt they want people still want to see them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#36]
i almost wish that prior to this i would have been an avid buyer of their merchandise and a frequenter of their concerts.....................................just so i could quit

as it is now though, they still lost one fan that will never buy any of their shit again......my wife

and lets not forget that the fat one had nothing but shit to spew about toby keith's patriotic song "the angry american"  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone needs to have an attitude ajustment with the dixie chuncks......i liked the idea of boycotting them.  they're at the top of the ladder......lets kick'em down and let them fall all the way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top