Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2003 4:32:49 PM EDT
I haven't. I've had a little bit of stray bird shot from a shotgun bounce off of my jacket, but that's it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yesh, when I was in the Army.

Tetanus, influenza, many, MANY more... [;D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a 30-06 round bounce off of a concrete floor and a piece of it hit my finger.  The RO was trying to clear a jam in a rifle and it fired when the bolt slipped out of his hand and closed.  The metal is still in there.  I really want it out, but I also really like showing it to kids.z
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
nope, and with any damn luck at all i can keep it that way!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup.  In the nose.  With a pellet gun.... yes, it hurt like hell.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ricochets, one off the forehead and one off the arm. Both bled. Wear your eye protection!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I got hit by a frozen paintball in the leg.

He says it just didn't break. It was frozen. I shot his ass with a pellet gun later, so justice was done.

Other then that, I had a piece of spent .45 brass eject from the USP straight up and back, and hit me in the forehead. It wasn't getting "shot" but it was damn strange.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Only with a nail gun
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been shot. It was lodged in the growth plate in my left knee before it was removed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I caught a ricochet from a .357Mag in the forehead.

edited to say I have been shot at.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Shot at and missed, spit at and hit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
allergy, one in each arm.  just a bb ricochette(sp?)  and spent 9mm case in the forehead.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Been shot at but not hit.[^]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Got some splatter from 45LC  at the cowboy shoot a few weeks ago. It drew blood on left side of my head but not that bad.

Another time bird hunting got nailed pretty hard in the ear. I am sure it was just a single pellet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I'll be the first to take a direct hit in this thread then.

Took a .22LR to the foot... when I was 9 years old.  That was the good ol days(13 years ago) and nobody got arrested for child abuse.  It was from my dad's ruger pistol.  I was shooting gophers with it and it had a very light trigger being a competition pistol and all.  I felt like a moron.  You just get too comfortable when you think you know it all and BANG!  It just went numb and bled like hell since I hit the artery.

As for penetration, went clean through the top of my shoe, sock, foot, two bones, bottom of foot, bottom of sock, bottom of shoe and some dirt.  I looked for the round after but to no avail.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
BB in the Thumb Christmas morning in the early 60's, from my Christmas present. Ever been to an ER on Christmas morning?

Been very close to being shot with the real stuff twice, never hunt with idiots!

MM419
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
i was showing a buddy how to fan his .22 single action revolver. after i showed him i stepped 5 feet to his right and started to shoot my own .22. he shot 3 shots then i felt something hit both my legs. about 4 inches below my sack on both legs. both pieces went through my jeans. right leg had a big ass welt. left leg had big ass welt and a little blood.

all i can figure is that he didn't pull the hammer all the way back, and somehow the bullet slipped out from in between the cylinder and the barrel. found both pieces around the tops of my boots. good thing he wasn't shooting a .357
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a wound channel into my leg the size of a 9mm.  Went over 3" deep and I have no idea where it came from.  Arrow maybe.  Nothing showed up on X ray.

H
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got a wound channel into my leg the size of a 9mm. Went over 3" deep and I have no idea where it came from. Arrow maybe. Nothing showed up on X ray.
View Quote

weren't you there when it happened? was there a bloody arrow sticking out of your leg? if not i would guess it was an ice bullet
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've got a wound channel into my leg the size of a 9mm. Went over 3" deep and I have no idea where it came from. Arrow maybe. Nothing showed up on X ray.
View Quote

weren't you there when it happened? was there a bloody arrow sticking out of your leg? if not i would guess it was an ice bullet
View Quote

dang kooter
(i always liked saying that)
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#22]
BB gun ricochet (don't use a brick wall as a backstop!).  Burned by brass bouncing off of lane barrier at range, some bullet spatter bounceback also.  Grandfather was shot in back by accident (hunting, twig thru trigger guard while being handed up to tree stand)..luckily it was a .22 & only hit meat not organs.  Dad was shot at indirectly (VC motar attacks..rather impersonal but still wasn't fun for him & the rest}.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#23]
A number of years ago---12ga, #5 shot in the leg and right side of pelvis. Glad to this day I wasn't turned a little more to the right.

For those of you who might wonder, it is a hot stinging sensation.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#24]
6 Times

2 in the butt @ Scout Camp with a .22 (thank god for lotsa pocket change

1 richochett in the Shoulder by a .32

2 by the neighborhood kids (twins) with .22s shooting at anything that moved Read: me: 1 in the left shoulderblade, and a graze on my right leg

1 .45 ACP to the knee, close range, low vel, light weight, coustom bullet, aluminum, hollow (supposed to be a competition round, still hurt like hell)  Flattened against my kneecap and bruised the hell out of the bone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you mean like this?
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11517[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shot at and missed, spit at and hit.
View Quote

As long as you weren't shit at and hit![;)]When I was sixteen I soaked up a round from a 7mm Magnum from a distance of no more than 3 feet. It had to go through a truck cab first which blunted it a tad but upped the shrapnel. I'm 35 now and still occasionally dig pieces of the truck out of my skin and the copper jacket is under my left shoulder blade, the soft point struck my chest about an inch away from my left nipple and traveled 3 or so inches under the skin where it stopped in the center of my chest on top of my breast bone. Took about three months for it to work it's way to the surface. Shoulder still gets sore if I put in a good hard day at work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought of doing this same topic a while ago, but I figured it might tick some guys off. I'm glad you did though.

I shot my thumb, & pointer finger on my left hand cocking a Jennings J-22 by having my fingers over the end of the barrel to far. I learned a lesson that day. Didn't do to much damage, just bled a little.
I've been hit by numerous bits of .22 lead from ricochet's & splatters.
Shot a steel target at about 50 yards with my M-4, & fmj ammo. the jacket came straight back, & sliced my right hand pinkie finger, & then blew through a thick sweat shirt, & cut in to my right side.
Pellet rifle in right foot, by my brother. That left a blood blister through my thick leather shoe.
And last I have been shot numerous times by paint pellets, & those babies hurt!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Shot in the face with a CO2 pellet gun by a dipshit friend as kids. Still have it in there. hurt like a beotch and swelled my face up pretty bad. Went to the hospital to have it removed and told the Doc that it bounced off a log while shooting cans. Then the x-ray came back. For some reason the Doc didn't believe my story after viewing a perfectly formed, pointy soft lead pellet. If I get into altercations, I am very protective of my right jaw because it rests right against the bone and hurts like hell if I bump it to hard. Also makes for a painful cheek weld while firing sometimes. (a.k.a. when bringing the rifle up quickly I bump it and MF the world..)

Also was shot at by a lunatic who dumped two mags of unknown but large pistol rounds at us in the middle of the sticks when we tried to confront a friends mom who was at the house and get her to leave. Never forget the feeling of bullets passing that close. Ran my little legs like Sadaam from a JDAM.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Been shot at.  Some gangbanger emptied a pocket pistol (I guess) from a highway overpass at a friend and me one time.  It was over 100 yards away, he didn't hit either of us or my car.  We had pulled over the side of the road to inspect a spot where my friend had run his transam off the exit of the highway at.  What kind of worthless, POS bastard would shoot at people like that??  Scared the crap outta us, bullets zippin overhead somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]
They shot an M-60 a few feet over our heads in basic, that hardly counts though. My great uncle was shot in the ass with buck shot stealing a watermellon and died from the infection. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep 87 pellets for number 7 dove shot in my leg & back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#32]
9mm to the meaty part of my right thigh after it passed thru the car door,  and a 32ACP to the face.

Been shot at without result many times.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Been shot at.  Some gangbanger emptied a pocket pistol (I guess) from a highway overpass at a friend and me one time.  It was over 100 yards away, he didn't hit either of us or my car.  We had pulled over the side of the road to inspect a spot where my friend had run his transam off the exit of the highway at.  What kind of worthless, POS bastard would shoot at people like that??  Scared the crap outta us, bullets zippin overhead somewhere.
View Quote

did you get him?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]
point blank Benjamin 177 pellet in my right pinky finger between the first knuckle and hand, from my sister. Still in there, broke my finger and healed crooked, I thought it bounced out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Blunt arrow to the side of my knee. No biggie.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Let me put my dunce cap on for this one.

I was about 10 years old. I was shooting my Daisy in the backyard at various objects. I decided to shoot the inside treaded part of a tire on a tire swing.

I saw the BB hit the tire and come back and it hit me square in the center of the forehead. I'm glad i wear polycarbonate glasses.

But it still stung like hell.

Then there was this one time i decided to bounce a golf ball on asphault. It left a slightly larger wound in the same place.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#37]
22 into the right leg out of a High Standard in a gunfighter rig. Long rifle bullet pent. about 10in down calf of leg. Surprised at pain being so little at time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm guessing richochetts don't count, but I've caught a few of those that bled.

A few years ago I was shot at from less than 3 feet away and wasn't touched.  Someone was watching out for me that day.
View Quote

I believe the official name of this is Pulp Fiction Syndrome.

"God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets."
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I was shooting my fal, with a heavily wooded area as a backstop, when I heard a crack, a snap, a buzz, then the thing bounced off the fence I was shooting from and hit me, just the jacket, no lead. It was a fmj, lead toothpasted out the back. Lucky, though it couldn't have had come back like that, bouncing off so many things and then me, if it hadn't been extremely slow and lightend from the missing core. Still strange though. Benn shot at while hunting, stumbled on a marijuana growing area. Won't say what I did but the guy's 4 wheeler never ran right after that[:D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#41]
As a kid I was shot with a .22 co2 rifle in the forearm.
As a young man I took two AK rounds to the back plate of my "Chicken Plate" vest during a hot extraction.
In 1997 caught some errant 12ga pellets in the right leg.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Took a .22 in the arm fired by one of my idiot friends as a teenager. Shattered a bone and I dropped like a ton of bricks; everyone thought I took one in the head. Arm was in a cast for the better part of a year, and I periodically get arthritis in the joint.

Taken many fragments from bounce back, expecially shooting subguns at steel. Lots of little bloody cuts. Took a lead .44 in the gut that caught a rock and bounced back. Left a nasty bruise but didn't penetrate.

Been shot at by poachers on a few occasions. Been shot at by gangbangers once. Been shot at by a fellow SWAT Team member once (okay-not quite fair; he was shooting at a dog that was latched onto his arm, the rounds failed to expand, went through the dog, through a wall and narrowly missed me. My vest would have stopped them, and I shouldn't whine about it).

And I have been hit by around 3,000 or so Sims rounds.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#45]
.22 in the lower left calf.

Was out hunting in a public grounds. I never heard the shooter, just a tug on my pants leg and then it felt like someone hit me with a paint ball, follwed by a bee sting.

Nothing serious, doctor got it out. Never hunted there again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I was driving my 99 integra around monteray park when i was 17 years old (im 21 now) and i was at some arcade,and after i went to go smoke a cig and i looked over to my car and i saw the my front turn signals were stolen.And i had a feeling who stole it.It was some lil punk ass 15-17 year old kids who juss left(they were ganbangers).We drove about 5 minutes and i saw them driving some old 80's looking honda civic and it was at night so i wanted to get closer to try and get their license plate number (which i couldnt)then i switched to the left lane to get a good look at him.Then all of a sudden i saw a silver looking thing come out of the window then for that split second i heard only 3 shots.i felt my face get hit by something but very small and i felt a sting on my left wrist.So when I and my friend knew we were getting shot at i slowed down very fast and too look at what happend through my rear view mirror.I saw the left side of my face bleeding alot and my nose was pouring out blood then i looked at my left wrist and i see 2 holes.so in a state of holy shit i made a left and parked at a parking lot.my gray shirt turned red and i couldnt move my left wrist all that much.and my friend got shot on the right side of his stomach that grazed him(luckily). when i got out side of my car i saw the left side of my car filled with gunshot holes plus 2 on the windshield.then my friend called 911.they came ambulance too me to county usc hospital sheriffs were there to talk about where i was shot and was it about drugs or money or someshit.got a cat scan and everything was all right up there.my left side of my face puffed up like a baloon .Then Finally my parents came to see me and my mom was juss crying but my dad juss looked at me and said are u ok? and i said "yeah".so then after hours they took me to Kaiser Permanente they took out some metal shrapnel that peirced the left side of my cheek and was resting against the bone.and took out a bullet fragments that was lodged in my wrist.But no serious damge except the left side of my upper lip and everything above it is numb all the time,and my whole left thumb and anything above of the wound is numb due to nerve damage.
Then when i walked out i saw all of my closest friends in the waiting room with my family and the first thing i said was"anyone have a cigg?"

so its been 4 years now,never found the guys that were there ,never found the shooter.They never found the car.But then a year ago some detectives came to my house unexpectaly so i can look at some mug shots.It was 4 years ago in the middle of the night.so i wasnt to much help but i picked out a few people that i think was there.Still no word from the cops.I go around monteray park every now and then hopefully i will see someone familar.

sorry if i mis spelled some words

Btw it was a 9mm
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Shot in the thigh with a .270. It took out a fist sized chunk. Didn't knock me down though.
Yeah, it hurt.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#48]
My cousin and I were shot at a few years ago in what the police believed was a case of mistaken identity. We had been in a park talking to some friends and I had just gotten back into his truck and he was standing outside with the door open getting ready to get in. We were shot at from behind and the back glass popped before I realized what happened. They fired 4 shots from about 30 yards. Besides the one in the back glass, one hit the tail light and lodged in the bedside, one went through the cab wall and came to rest in the seat about 6 inches from my back and one missed the whole truck. My cousin was 22 and legally carrying at the time, and returned fire with his S&W 1076. The shooter hit the ground and his friends pulled him into thier car and took off. We called the police but the thugs were long gone. They found the shooter the next day. He had bled out from his intestines which had caught a 10mm 175gr. Silvertip, and his buddies had dumped him in a field. They found a Bersa .380  nearby that matched the FMJ slugs in the truck. Shockingly, he had a long criminal record, and was a member of a local drug gang. They never arrested the others. I felt fortunate that I had been missed my less than a foot by 2 rounds, and that my cousin was armed and a good shot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#50]
YES. Real gun. Real bullets. Same So Cal story, gangbangers, big mouths, hot lead. Only I'm the one that didn't die.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top