Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/30/2003 3:40:36 PM EDT
I know this sounds like a really stupid question, but I have a kid sister in Austin that lives,... Shall we say, an alternate lifestyle. It has, in the past torn our family apart, & been the source of many derisions. My family was raised Baptiste, & we have all excepted Jesus as savior as a result. A few years ago when my sister sat me down to have "a talk" with me about herself, she said because she had been spoon fed Christianity from childhood, she was looking into other religions.
It probably had to do with the fact I told her what the bible said about the subject.
Anyway, after many liter conversations, I have let her know in no uncertain terms, that God lovers her, & I do too. What really seems weird though is, that people like my sister who demand that society accept them as queers, & be tolerant, aren't really tolerant of others.
My sister said sometimes in Austin on Friday nights, the lezzies start calling each other & then all show up at the same club, so as to take it over in the name of queerness,?? I don't understand that. And even though we all(my other family members) call her often, just to say hi, & catch up, she doesn't take, or return our calls. It's like we don't exist, even though we have shown her we love her. Maybe it's just that she feels conviction when she's around those who don't wholeheartedly embrace homosexuality. I don't, & won't. My parents have for reasons of their personal sanity blamed it on heredity, & will hear nothing spoken in a bad light about queerness,in defense of her lifestyle. It is one of those family rules we have on no talking about it at all. I hate no talk rules in my close relationships.
If any of you have queers in your family how do you deal with them,& it? in a way that doesn't cause a family split, or problem?
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
We got a lesbian on my mom's side of the family. Shes a dumb liberal bitch who thinks her political shit tastes great. The rest of the family keeps her inline. Shes not allowed to bring her "pals" to family functions.

The neighbor kid who was my age and grade came "out of the closet" shortly after graduating HS. Did'nt surprise me, I always knew he was queer. I never liked being around him. Dad always discribed him as "alittle femmy".

"Those were the fags of my lives" [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a gay cousin. I knew he was gay at 8 or 9, my parents knew but his parents were completely in the dark, dont know how, he was a flamer from the beginning. His mom eventually "just knew" but his dad was litterally in the dark about it until he finally came out a couple years ago after his mother died from cancer.
Dad was in complete denial and had minimal contact. He said it was a choice and he could "just not be gay". I think the fact that he was pastor had a big part in that!

Since we all knew all along it was no surprise. We get along now better than ever I hated him when we were younger because he was such a moma's boy...go figure[:D]. He and his "partner" come over for holidays often and we go to functions at their house. They were "married" in VT. and wear rings. His partner is a pretty cool guy and hardly budges the gaydar at all, he's into cars and is like any other guy except..well...you know...I dont need to spell it out![:O]

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I wrestled in HS and alittle in college does that count.

Sorry i will move along.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry i will move along.
View Quote

The real question u-baddog is, do you ever wish you could find a way to keep on wrestling?[lol]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
My aunt (father's sister) is a Lesbian.  She absconded with most of the money her mother left to me and my cousins in her will.  I usually refer to her as "my Lesbian aunt who stole my inheritance".  She says we're all in HER will, so she didn't do anything wrong.   [%|]

I send her cartons of cigarettes and bottles of booze for holiday gifts.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
My immediate family thought my cousin was gay, turns out she just played softball a lot.

Other than that, none that I now of.

PS - I do think one of my cats is gay, though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a gay cousin. I knew he was gay at 8 or 9, my parents knew but his parents were completely in the dark, dont know how, he was a flamer from the beginning. His mom eventually "just knew" but his dad was litterally in the dark about it until he finally came out a couple years ago after his mother died from cancer.
Dad was in complete denial and had minimal contact. He said it was a choice and he could "just not be gay". I think the fact that he was pastor had a big part in that!

Since we all knew all along it was no surprise. We get along now better than ever I hated him when we were younger because he was such a moma's boy...go figure[:D]. He and his "partner" come over for holidays often and we go to functions at their house. They were "married" in VT. and wear rings. His partner is a pretty cool guy and hardly budges the gaydar at all, he's into cars and is like any other guy [red]except..well...you know...[/red]I dont need to spell it out![:O]

SorryOciffer
View Quote

[red]...he likes the meat whistle?[/red][;)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, he is a M.B.A, a C.P.A and a CFA. He is very intelligent and we get along well. His father is dealing better with it now, but everyone else is cool with it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#11]
So, if I may ask.  Was there ever any sexual abuse of you sister when see was younger?  Homosexuals aren't born that way. it is often due to environment.  You parents defense is interesting to say the least.  I would bet you don't have the whole story concerning this.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
A man gave me a massage, I think it moved
sgtAR15--I think they are born that way. Its a birth defect to be "alternate".  
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry i will move along.
View Quote

The real question u-baddog is, do you ever wish you could find a way to keep on wrestling?[lol]
View Quote

YES, I would go down to the local HS and ask the coach if I could roll around with some of his boys. he would wink, you know that knowing wink and he would let me. [wink] I just got too old and fat to handle the punishment those pups could dish out.

All joking aside my wife finds it horrible and cant watch it even on TV . She say " It has to be gay somehow. He is touching that mans thing !"
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Just me.[;)]

Hey Wolfpack, wanna come skim my pool.[:X]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not in my family but I have alot of customers who are...they always pay their bill and pay fast, not like hetro's. I'd have all gay customers if I could, I just did my May billing and 25 of my 140 customers haven't paid for April yet. All of the "known" gay customers pay the first week they get the bill.
View Quote

THAT IS THE TRUTH!! Same in my profession.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, if I may ask.  Was there ever any sexual abuse of you sister when see was younger?  Homosexuals aren't born that way. it is often due to environment.  You parents defense is interesting to say the least.  I would bet you don't have the whole story concerning this.

Sgtar15
View Quote

No sexual abuse that I'm aware of. But I always thought she had male abandonment issues. 1st with me. She is my kid sister, & I was 14 when she was born. She was my little pal when she was little, & we had a wonderful relationship. Then I joined the Corps. When I got out she was a young lady, & wouldn't hardly even talk to me. When I talked to my mom about this, she didn't think I was right. Then a few years later my mom brought up how she had confided in her how I had abandoned her! Then her boyfriend in her senior year at high school got her best friend pregnant, & married her. I also remember my dad when she was about 6, or 7 being really drunk, & yelling at her that she was a little whore. So I would understand why she might be so willing to reach out to someone that could competently meat her emotional needs as well as another woman, who knows what those needs are. + she now says she new she liked girls since she was real little. Her public school system shared their attitude that homosexuality is totaly normal, furthering her belief that it's normal. I believe she is just decieved,& will some day come back to,& find the love of God, & get herself straightend out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#19]
im gay but only if it pays enough
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
No, but I got a cousin who's wife is so ugly he's thinking about it. [lol]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Im not gay I just act that way to pick up chicks
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope, and quite happy of the fact
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#23]
     I'm not a homo, I just play one on tv.(Showtime)
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#25]
[size=3][b]NO![/size=3][/b]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a guy uncle.

Personally I think guys are good for our society in a way.  Variety makes the world go round.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Not anymore. My uncle died from AIDS two years ago. I miss him very much. It was his choice to be that way so I do not feel sorry for him, but I still miss him. He never came out of the closet to us.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm not really sure.

I've got a cousin whose job it was to coordinate the logistics of photo-shoots for a major swimwear manufacturer.  In other words, his job was to work with incredibly gorgeous models on a regular basis.  A couple of years ago, he announces that he has decided to give up this job in order to become a police officer in New Jersey.  As a seventeen-year veteran of law enforcement, I told him that he was either an incredibly dedicated individual or he was as queer as a three-dollar bill.  I've met his girlfriends, so I guess it is the former.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, i have a gay realitive. i see no need to be specific as to who.  Anyway, my grand mother in kinda in denial.  other than that everyone else is cool.  She and her "friend" are welcome at the holiday dinner table. She was in the Army and has an advanced degree.  i have never talked politics with her, but she doesnt seem the rabid liberal type.  its really no big deal, just part of life.  I dont see what the big deal is or why some people get so worked up.

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#31]
i worry about my brother in law too, but he continues to bring home girls so i guess he's just one of those pseudo-intellectual-coffee shop types

i did get him to buy a kimber .45 though so maybe im being a positive influence

anyway, none in the family that had better come out lest the elders kill them (not a tolerant type)

HOWEVER, my wifes cousin came down from washinton state - with blue hair and black leather but we wont get into her weirdness, freak - anyhooo, she brings a friend

well nobody bothers to tell me this guy is taking it up the ass........im outside BBQ'ing, havent even met the guy, girls are all outside talking.........he bursts through the door and says in the gayest possible tone "oh, you bitches!!!!!" and begins to join the conversation

then he looks through the screen door and sees me giving him the most "come near me and i kill you" look there is

me, the BBQ, and the beer spent an entire weekend in the backyard

am i tolerant?  sure, just as long as they stay far far far the hell away from me
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a cousin who I just met last summer.

He is as gay as they get...

I was NICE to him....even though I hate fags!

Mind you ......he is worth 20 million dollars!!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#34]
ah, which brings me to another story

my dads best friend in HS........they double dated, everything.........went off to join the DEA and got pretty high up there apparently (eventually wife and 2 kids but got divorced)

well my dad gets a call years ago that he died and they'd like him to attend the funeral, so he agrees

nobody talks about how he died so finally my dad gets it out of somebody that it was AIDS, he figures he probably got stuck by a needle being in the DEA and all....................................nope, gets it out of somebody else towards the end that he got it honestly

comes home and proclaims that if he'd known the son of a bitch was a faggot they could have thrown his dead ass in the ground without him there just fine

.........and this WAS his best friend
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a cousin that's gay. Met the guy and his domestic partner once. Couple of a nice guys, although, they were _way_ fruitie.

I personally think that people are born gay, there is nothing that turns them gay. So, to me, it's no big deal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#36]
My only brother is gay, republican, and pro RKBA.
[rant mode on]
And judging by SOME of the comments on here, he's ten times the man some of you elitest acting pricks will ever be.  He's got a degree in chemical engineering, and guess who tests, and conjures up the explosives our military uses?

He's not going to "hit" on you or try to stick anything up your ass when you're not looking, ya'll (for some odd reason) are the only one's thinking that...[/rant mode off][BD] [peep]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Not in family, that I know of.  My partner-in-crime running buddie's sister's boyfriend did come out of the closet finally.  Looking back there were signs but at the time we just thought he was "off".  Always wearing cut-of jeans that were a tad too tight & short, speech & hand gesture mannerisms, not jumping buddie's sister at every chance (steaming hot blonde [naughty])
Also one of the guys I went to HS with came out afterwards.  Wasn't a big suprise though.  He dated the same girl all throughout HS but she was real butch & he was a fem 'artsy' type...my guess is they were acting as each others "beard".
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[rant mode on]
And judging by SOME of the comments on here, he's ten times the man some of you elitest acting pricks will ever be.  He's got a degree in chemical engineering, and guess who tests, and conjures up the explosives our military uses?

He's not going to "hit" on you or try to stick anything up your ass when you're not looking, ya'll (for some odd reason) are the only one's thinking that...[/rant mode off][BD] [peep]
View Quote

Exactly. Methinks some protest too much.  I hav e gay family members, and I know they were born that way.  I do think some people are not comfortable with their own sexuality, and are afraid they will get turned on by someone of the same sex.  I've been around lots of gay people, and it never "turned" me gay, and women have never aroused me.  It just doesn't happen.  If a gay person puts a move on, they will only get somewhere if the subject allows it to happen.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Exactly. Methinks some protest too much. [red] I have gay family members, and I know they were born that way.[/red]
View Quote

[Super Rant Mode On]I have a gay sister, & to say she was born that way , or any other person who is gay, was born that way is total B.S.
Please stick to facts when making statements. Show some proof or sthu. I think you mean  that you think they were born that way.
Sorry but it really raises my hackles when people use made up garbage to try and prove their point.[/Super Rant Mode Off]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#40]
My brother is just like your sister, and my family handles it just like yours.  My brother is very concervative, a doctor, and lives in Texas!  You would never guess that he or his "friend" are gay by being around them, even when they are together.  

Like your family, only my mom talks about it; and like your family, we call him all the time, but he hardly ever calls us(at least me)back.  We grew up in a "perfect" home; other than divorced parents.  I don't think he chose to be gay.   He finally told my mom, but only after he told her he was afraid that if he did, she wouldn't love him anymore.  This was when he was about 15yrs old.  The rest of us only found out last year....he's now 31.  He was sure my dad would never talk to him again.  My dad just doesn't talk about it, or really accnowledge it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#42]
... Not in my family but years ago one of my best friends I hung out with was and I never new it for years. My wife at the time, used to always recommend we "set him up" (you know how womenz are) with her friends but we were too busy shooting, fishing, ATC and such.

... Funny thing, I never even suspected it, just thought he was shy or occupied with other things.

... It wasn't until several years after he moved away a mutual friend sprung it on me.

... The moral to my story is: I don't really know if it's a choice or an imbalance but he was a classic example of "he knew his imbalance" and mine and he never "came on" to me or any of our hetro friends.

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:07:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:51:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No, but we had someone marry a protestant, that caused problems for awhile.

"played softball a lot.." [lol]
View Quote

LMAOROTFKS!!![img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-007.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-007.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-007.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-007.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-007.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:54:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
[rant mode on]

View Quote

Man, You got it exactly right. I find it extremely interesting that people who sit on this board and whine and bitch 1000x a day about how libs just don't understand them and that all liberals should respect their gun owning RIGHTS, would turn around and stomp all over someone ELSES RIGHTS just because they dont agree with a different lifestyle.

As far as the elitest acting pricks, I think that's exactly what alot of them are doing is  acting. I think alot of them are too stupid or afraid to actually formulate an opinion and then post it here if it differs from the sheeple.. so they go with the popular opinion and do it one better.. to prove to everyone else on the board just how much they fit in here...sad.
Alot of the same thing happens at DU from what I've seen, just different views/skews/topics.

One question for you tho, Isn't being a gay republican a bit of an oxymoron? Being gay doesn't quite fit in with the good ol' boy god fearin' sheeplemode alot of repubs preach.. Just curious.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#46]
My wife has got one gay uncle and one asexual uncle.  None on my side of the family.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Yep. One of my older brothers. He died of AIDS, pretty soon after 9-11-01.

FWIW, he was born that way. I never had a problem with him, or anyone else that is gay.

Who would 'choose' to be persecuted and outcast?

BTW sgtar15, he was not abused. That is not
'usually the case', either. Perhaps you should research this before arbitrarily declaring the cause of homosexuality to be 'sexual abuse'.

Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have a guy uncle.

Personally I think guys are good for our society in a way.  Variety makes the world go round.
View Quote

Uhh...

All of my uncles are guys, too. Is this a trend or is it just in our families...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top