Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 11:06:29 AM EDT
Which is the better TV show?  The other thread about that shitty show (twd) inspired me
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Really?

How is this even a contest?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Tough call. I gotta go with GoT because it has more boobies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Game of Thrones all day. Breaking Bad is overrated.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Closer to being comparable than Breaking Bad versus The Walking Dead, but in my opinion, much as I enjoy Game Of Thrones (and the books on which it is based, assuming I ever get to finish the series, which, who am I kidding, isn't going to happen,) Breaking Bad is still better.

ETA:  A lot of the difference, in my opinion, is story arc and whether things are done for transient reasons.  While both GoT and BB have/had a planned out story arc, the manner in which GoT improvises and changes things seemingly for short-term interest and ratings boosts detracts somewhat from the overall quality of the series as a complete story.

For a comparison using two other series, examine Babylon 5 versus Battlestar Galactica (not the original.)  While BSG clearly had superior special effects, generally better acting, better budget, and some truly amazing stories and moments, the fact that the show was thrown together season by season and heavily influenced by ratings is obvious.  While B5 suffered from having the planned 5 year arc cut to 4, forcing a lot of timing problems in the 4th season (and which resulted in the really better off forgotten 5th season after the folks who cut it off at the knees saw the ratings from 4 and decided to hand Straczynski a 5th season after all,) the overall quality of the story arc in its entirety made it the better program.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
BB but close
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#6]
....another apples to oranges comparison....what's next, "what's better Rock or Country?"....Reminds of conversations we used to have in Jr. High.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
....another apples to oranges comparison....what's next, "what's better Rock or Country?"....Reminds of conversations we used to have in Jr. High.
View Quote

Or "Batman vs Superman"
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]
actually both were/are epic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top