Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 8:30:24 PM EDT
Sorry no pics and nothing really important for the flying world at large. Just me posting about my everyday life.

So there I was driving home from the middle of a broccoli patch in the middle of the god forsaken Imperial Valley and what do my wondering eye's see?

Damn near the entirety of aviation history in the skies overhead.  In one view of desert sky I saw an old style bi-plane bopping along minding it's own business, a crop duster earning his keep and the Blue Angels practicing formation aerobatics. High tech, high speed killers, flying pickup trucks and grandpa all in one sky.    And to top it off, on my way home, I got to see a Marine Cobra playing touch and go at the dirt airstrip in Ocotillo Wells. Fucking cool.

I don't care what you California haters say. Today my part of California was cool.

And then the fucking limones verdes had their dog sniff my truck and question my citizenship.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Today my part of California was cool.

View Quote

now pay your taxes
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

now pay your taxes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now pay your taxes

Thanks. And you're welcome since part of my tax money probably pays for what ever state you're ashamed to claim.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Was standing outside with a customer on Monday an I'll be damned if a Russian AN-124 didn't turn final and hang out the laundry right over top of us.
That aircraft has a lot of tires and a lot of flap.

Big bitch too !
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks. And you're welcome since part of my tax money probably pays for what ever state you're ashamed to claim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

now pay your taxes

BURN!  

He got you good there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was standing outside with a customer on Monday an I'll be damned if a Russian AN-124 didn't turn final and hang out the laundry right over top of us.

Big bitch too !
View Quote

Very cool. But...We don't let that Commie shit defile out pure 'Merican air.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm truly jealous.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I work next door to an air force base. Usually boring stuff like F16s T-38s and C5s. Occasionally a C130 or AWACS bird will stop by. There is something over there louder than a C5 though. Haven't figured out what that one was. I love airplanes I'll be in the shop welding hear a fighter and go heck it out. Boss hates it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was in Brawley at the geothermal plant a few years ago.  When I was leaving I had to pull over and watch the Blue Angels practice.  

Cool sight for sure.
View Quote

You've got to wonder how often they sneak over to the Salton Sea in order to log some below sea level flight time
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I work next door to an air force base. Usually boring stuff like F16s T-38s and C5s. Occasionally a C130 or AWACS bird will stop by. There is something over there louder than a C5 though. Haven't figured out what that one was. I love airplanes I'll be in the shop welding hear a fighter and go heck it out. Boss hates it.
View Quote

I live near a small airport that's home to a P-51, a privately owned AH-1 Cobra and a bunch of fire bombers.  I love looking up some times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]
sweet.  I've seen my fair stair of awesomeness between Reno, Beale ago, Edwards, Travis and 1 other.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big bitch too !

Saw this one come in almost 4 years ago...not my vid but my reaction was similar.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

now pay your taxes

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big bitch too !

How do you explain the one I saw sitting at IAH last week, lol?  

Or the ones that float through here from time to time?  Pretty cool seeing them sitting on the ramp fo sho!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sorry no pics and nothing really important for the flying world at large. Just me posting about my everyday life.

So there I was driving home from the middle of a broccoli patch in the middle of the god forsaken Imperial Valley and what do my wondering eye's see?

Damn near the entirety of aviation history in the skies overhead.  In one view of desert sky I saw an old style bi-plane bopping along minding it's own business, a crop duster earning his keep and the Blue Angels practicing formation aerobatics. High tech, high speed killers, flying pickup trucks and grandpa all in one sky.    And to top it off, on my way home, I got to see a Marine Cobra playing touch and go at the dirt airstrip in Ocotillo Wells. Fucking cool.

I don't care what you California haters say. Today my part of California was cool.

And then the fucking limones verdes had their dog sniff my truck and question my citizenship.
View Quote

I got to have a front row seat to that flying circuse just about everday for 3 years. It was cool then and is still cool to me now.God how I hate being in the wrong side of the fence.

ETA It's still is still moving to me
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#16]
A couple years ago, I was driving through Maine on a misty, foggy morning and caught something out of the corner of eye.
Turned and sure as shit, there was a B2 flying low and tight over my left shoulder.

Nearly drove off the road. The coolest thing I've ever seen in the skies.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Or the ones that float through here from time to time?  Pretty cool seeing them sitting on the ramp fo sho!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big bitch too !

Um..... Because those are different and Um.... they don't count as Commie air defiling shit and Ummmm........because Ummm......Houston's not really part of 'Merica??? HOly Shit! Houston's more commie loving than Commifornia!!!!

Fuck it. Be that way. With your facts and shit.  NO! Not Facts! Anecdotes! Yea! Anecdotes. Because anecdotes don't count because they're not Imperial evidence or empirical evidence either so why don't you just go correlate/causate/conjugate (you pick)  that Russian airplane since your so in love with it
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Um..... Because those are different and Um.... they don't count as Commie air defiling shit and Ummmm........because Ummm......Houston's not really part of 'Merica??? HOly Shit! Houston's more commie loving than Commifornia!!!!

Fuck it. Be that way. With your facts and shit.  NO! Not Facts! Anecdotes! Yea! Anecdotes. Because anecdotes don't count because they're not Imperial evidence or empirical evidence either so why don't you just go correlate/causate/conjugate (you pick)  that Russian airplane since your so in love with it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big bitch too !

I.....I....I don't know what you're saying.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry no pics .....snip

..........snip

View Quote

I grew up in that part of the world; there is nothing cool about El Centro.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

And to top it off, on my way home, I got to see a Marine Cobra
playing touch and go at the dirt airstrip in Ocotillo Wells. Fucking
cool.
View Quote
Cool, I didn't know anyone still used that airstrip.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry no pics .....snip

..........snip

El sweat sucks camel balls. I had to go there 4 fucking times, once in the middle of June for 3 weeks to retrain a old Blues Bass because the affirmative action hire dickhead got fired
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#22]
You can turn in your guns now...and pick up that can citizen .
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Limones verdes.  . Never heard them called that
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry no pics .....snip

..........snip

Today it was a beautiful 78 degrees. By Saturday it will be 90. There's a reason my family moved to San Diego from Calexico.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bastards don't even bother polishing their jack boots. I guess they don't want them to clash with their dingy green uniforms.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bastards don't even bother polishing their jack boots. I guess they don't want them to clash with their dingy green uniforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never understood why they dress like park rangers or game wardens.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Embarrassment. Either that or because almost olive drab blends in so well in the southern deserts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top