Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2001 10:19:27 AM EDT
A man armed with a machete and a baseball bat attacked a school 2.5 hours ago.

3 adults injured. Unknown number of children being treated. Apparently the guy has been arrested..

Link Posted: 2/2/2001 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
A machete huh?  Finally someone with some originality.

*DISCLAIMER* - I do not condone this type of behavior, nor do I support it.  I'm just glad that someone who decided to blow a gasket decided to use something other than a gun for once.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont understand the whole "gotta kill some kids at school" thing. What has changed?
Terrorism, my mind could begin to fathom. Not all this shyte.
BTW I`m glad it wasnt a gun too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Now, let's see how the evening newscasts handle this one.

I expect liberal congressmen to speak out in outrage about baseball bats and machetes.  Machete Control Act of 2001 to introducted at once!  It's for the children, after all.  Come on Hillary, it's your chance to shine!

Blame not the tool, but the hand that bears it.

[:P]
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not even going to say anything. Whoops! That slipped out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
It's those G-damned fully automatic bolt action machetes again, they have to be banned or we will see these tragedies happen over and over again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I expect two things will happen:

1) it won't be covered. There've been several similar cases that have gotten totally ignored by the mass media, such as people driving their cars onto playgrounds at recess, etc.

2) alternatively, "thank god gun laws kept guns out of this man's hands! we need more! aren't they working great!"

As I've said before, at this point I place all hope in the Emerson case.

------------
www.AnotherPundit.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top