Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2016 11:32:54 PM EDT
Watching The Amazing Race with the wife, some challenge where they have to ride in a Stearman and spot things from the air.  Made me think back to my Stearman ride.  My wife bought it for my as a birthday gift at an air museum in North West Indiana.

I was all pumped up for it and out walked my pilot.  Older gent, bit of a hunch to his back and a hitch in his gate.  It didn't raise any real concern but it made me take mental pause.  The ride was awesome and all went well but he had a funny name that stuck with me.  So I got home and googled "Dale Snodgrass" just prior to feeling like an asshole for judging.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dale+snodgrass+&oq=dale+snodgrass+&gs_l=serp.3..0l6j0i22i30l4.609062.609062.0.609268.1.1.0.0.0.0.171.171.0j1.1.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.1.171.ex1L2s07HZE

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
People actually watch The Amazing Race?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You are such a cool guy
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Watching The Amazing Race with the wife, some challenge where they have to ride in a Stearman and spot things from the air.  Made me think back to my Stearman ride.  My wife bought it for my as a birthday gift at an air museum in North West Indiana.

I was all pumped up for it and out walked my pilot.  Older gent, bit of a hunch to his back and a hitch in his gate.  It didn't raise any real concern but it made me take mental pause.  The ride was awesome and all went well but he had a funny name that stuck with me.  So I got home and googled "Dale Snodgrass" just prior to feeling like an asshole for judging.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dale+snodgrass+&oq=dale+snodgrass+&gs_l=serp.3..0l6j0i22i30l4.609062.609062.0.609268.1.1.0.0.0.0.171.171.0j1.1.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.1.171.ex1L2s07HZE

View Quote

Haha you dont know who Snort is?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool.  There are some impressive individuals out there for sure.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You are such a cool guy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are such a cool guy
Not really, I'm just a ol' grumpy guy. It's just one of those shows that I have never heard anybody talk about and the few times I attempted to watch it I made it 10 minutes tops.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not feeling particularly confident for the future of this planet either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not really, I'm just a ol' grumpy guy. It's just one of those shows that I have never heard anybody talk about and the few times I attempted to watch it I made it 10 minutes tops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are such a cool guy

You're hipper than, I could watch that stupidity even that long.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are such a cool guy

Wife is a travel agent, we travel...a lot.  It's fun to watch for us. Places we have been, places we have yet to.  It's junk food TV but we enjoy it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Hitch in his gate, huh?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since it is on it's 28th season, I would say Yes. People do actually watch The Amazing Race.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#12]

You are right . Gait.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Since it is on it's 28th season, I would say Yes. People do actually watch The Amazing Race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I start a thread about the time I rode in a biplane with a retired USN Captain, had no idea and was judgmental.  Responses are all judgmental about the TV show that made me remember it.  Only in GD .

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/gR9P2kF.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I have for a few years now, but at the time .

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im just messin with ya. I dont/didnt know him either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top