Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2016 3:13:12 PM EDT
lol..picked these up today, store had piles of the matches, I remember awhile back , they were impossible to find due to wussification of America and the shoe bomber or something like that.

And I dont seem to have any issue finding .22lr ammo, let alone CCI, paid $44 bux for the box, which  seems to be the new standard, if you want to shoot, you have to pay. The days of .80 box of 50 are long gone.

Store had a few hundred CCI mini mags in 36 & 40gr. along with some other .22 ammo.

Just thought id share
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

Any time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
is $45 per brick really what CCI SV is going for these days?

ETA: thats almost exactly what it costs for me to reload the same quantity of 9mm
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Those strike anywheres are not like the ones from 20 years ago.
They seem to just "suck less" than the standard matches they sell now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck with those matches.  They are a sorry imitation of the real thing.  I bought some thinking like you.  They suck.

The real ones you could drop down the barrel of a daisy spring powered BB gun and fire down the driveway.  They would light and you could enjoy sending flames flying into the yard when you were 8 years old.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA: thats almost exactly what it costs for me to reload the same quantity of 9mm
View Quote

Based on my internet searching, that is on the cheaper side for CCI SV. most run around 49 plus shipping.

As far as the strike anywheres, yea, I know they arent the same, hence I only bought 2 boxes, lol. I do miss the old school ones, they literally would light on anything.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  I don't even look for 22lr anymore.  With the prices the way they are, reloading 9mm is just as cheap, if not cheaper, than 22lr.  It's probably been 3 years since I fired a 22.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Based on my internet searching, that is on the cheaper side for CCI SV. most run around 49 plus shipping.

As far as the strike anywheres, yea, I know they arent the same, hence I only bought 2 boxes, lol. I do miss the old school ones, they literally would light on anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walmart sells CCI Standard Velocity for $7.47/100. Most other big box stores in my area are very similar--within a few cents of that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Walmart sells CCI Standard Velocity for $7.47/100. Most other big box stores in my area are very similar--within a few cents of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you can find it in stock that is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Yip, at some point, out of stock versus in my hands, price dont matter much, walmart ammo could be 1/2 the cost but if they dont have it, means nothing. I shoot ALOT of .22lr, being able to walk out my back porch and plink steel makes it all worth while. lol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not here (Mississippi).

We sell the exact same box for 26.99
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I happened to be in Walmart today and they had 3 Winchester 333 bulk packs on the shelf.   I bought a box of it and some other ammo as well, and after the ordeal I went through, I understand why they were still on the shelf.   The neckbeards must have given up through sheer frustration.

It took 5 tries and 20 minutes to get someone over to the ammo counter, and when they got there, they didn't have the keys.   When the cabinet was finally opened, they had to call over a manager to log them into the cash register.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yip, at some point, out of stock versus in my hands, price dont matter much, walmart ammo could be 1/2 the cost but if they dont have it, means nothing. I shoot ALOT of .22lr, being able to walk out my back porch and plink steel makes it all worth while. lol.
View Quote

Truth. I picked up the 5,000 round deal that Mass Ammo had in December for $425 shipped. It was worth it to buy that much at once and know it is good ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not here (Mississippi).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not here (Mississippi).

Who is we? And that's for a 500 round box?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I happened to be in Walmart today and they had 3 Winchester 333 bulk packs on the shelf.   I bought a box of it and some other ammo as well, and after the ordeal I went through, I understand why they were still on the shelf.   The neckbeards must have given up through sheer frustration.

It took 5 tries and 20 minutes to get someone over to the ammo counter, and when they got there, they didn't have the keys.   When the cabinet was finally opened, they had to call over a manager to log them into the cash register.
View Quote

Play with the ammo counter phone. Someone with keys will promptly show up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lol..picked these up today, store had piles of the matches, I remember awhile back , they were impossible to find due to wussification of America and the shoe bomber or something like that.

And I dont seem to have any issue finding .22lr ammo, let alone CCI, paid $44 bux for the box, which  seems to be the new standard, if you want to shoot, you have to pay. The days of .80 box of 50 are long gone.

Store had a few hundred CCI mini mags in 36 & 40gr. along with some other .22 ammo.

<a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/user/die-tryin/media/20160223_135748.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/20160223_135748.jpg</a>

Just thought id share
View Quote

I just paid $39. Bucks for the same .22 at academy.
A warning for parents.

If you buy your kids guns they expect ammo too.
Bought my daughter a 22/45 last year.
I'm down to 4-5000 rds of .22 lr.

Started buying again.
All those $10. Federal bulk packs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good luck with those matches.  They are a sorry imitation of the real thing.  I bought some thinking like you.  They suck.

The real ones you could drop down the barrel of a daisy spring powered BB gun and fire down the driveway.  They would light and you could enjoy sending flames flying into the yard when you were 8 years old.  
View Quote

I remember doing that.  I also used to make rubber band guns, fasten the rubber band to the end and shoot strike anywhere matches from it like a spear gun.  The matches would make a loud pop when they hit a hard surface head on.  Could shoot them out of bic pens like a blow gun as well.  Good times.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The old Ohio Blue tips were the best strike anywhere matches.
View Quote

They sell for $20-$50 per box on ebay.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

May I ask what you paid for 333rds?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meanwhile I just bought the same CCI rounds at $28.00! Way to overpay and keep the scalping & shortage going.

Bought my limit of 3 and they were gone in 45 minutes. My wife bought 3, my buddy came by and bought 3...  Rinse repeat.
View Quote

I never see the 500 round bricks anywhere. It is always the new 300 round boxes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Got excited til I remembered you moved, Brother!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$18
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I've still not seen 22 ammo at the Walmarts here.

CCI SV is still at least $50 a brick.   Any 22 ammo here is great to see.  I buy online if I buy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've still not seen 22 ammo at the Walmarts here.

CCI SV is still at least $50 a brick.   Any 22 ammo here is great to see.  I buy online if I buy.
View Quote

It was maybe the second time since Sandy Hook for me.   First time I've bought any since Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy SHIT.

SIX HUNDRED MATCHES ?

Bloody hell, mate, how many  fires you going to START ?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't your time worth money?

And you can't compare it to 9mm. That CCI SV can shoot .5"-.75" at 50 yards, and your 9mm can't.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

$18
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$18

I just bought a box for $23.39 after tax.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

50 of my cast reloads in .45-70 cost me about as much as 50 CCI Stingers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

My grandpa always claimed when he was younger he'd stick them in a crack in a post, back off a ways and shoot them to light them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Still waiting on everyone who claimed they bought this brick for $28 to realize this is 500 and they bought 300...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My grandpa always claimed when he was younger he'd stick them in a crack in a post, back off a ways and shoot them to light them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they hit a solid wall straight on they would pop like very small firecracker.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If they hit a solid wall straight on they would pop like very small firecracker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he always said was he'd use the match head as his target, if he did it right he'd be left with a match standing in the post burning.always had trouble believing it, but got to admit, I tried it a couple times too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

$18
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$18

Thanks! That's not bad.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#36]
All my .22s like the Remington Yellow Jackets. Haven't even seen a 525-round brick in years.

1911fan
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I bet you didn't find that at the Walmart in Logan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#38]
i dunno if these are the good ones .  but they make a nice pop when hitting a brick wall shot from the red ryder.
I have 10 boxes put away.  and an open one.  
pretty much do light wherever I strike them as long as a firm surface.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Holy SHIT.
 SIX HUNDRED MATCHES ?

Bloody hell, mate, how many  fires you going to START ?

View Quote

All of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top