Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2016 2:01:24 PM EDT
Both of my AR have stainless barrels. One is a BCM 16" government profile and the other is a 20" heavy fluted. I really like the way they perform but I'd like to do away with the glare factor. Lately I've been toying with the idea of blackening them. I really don't want to get into having to remove the barrel if I don't have to. I'm kinda hoping I can apply a product to the exposed surface and mask off the receiver and flash hider. I did a search and came across this stuff. Is there a better way / product? Thanks..

http://www.caswellplating.com/metal-finishing-solutions/stainless-steel-blackener/stainless-steel-blackener-8-fl-oz.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Cerakote

Tape

Krylon

It's just a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have to recommend doing it right and just pulling it out of the gun for ceracoating.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sharpie.

Easy to reapply when it gets scratched.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks interesting, but it does say "acidic"  I'm guessing that it etches the metal a bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top