Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2016 6:19:59 PM EDT
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3793842?utm_source=fb-channel-superheroes&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=rumor-the-wolverine-3-to-be-rated-r-will-adapt-the-old-man-logan-storyline

There Will Be Blood... And Decapitation, Because FOX's R-Rated Wolverine 3 Is Totally Doing the Old Man Logan Thing
By Jack Carr · Posted on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:41am

They may be cousins of Marvel, home to all things bright and colorful, but FOX's X-Men movies seem to be headed for the dark side, at least if this news is anything to go by.

According to Den of Geek, who often have strong insider knowledge, FOX have green-lit an R-rated Wolverine 3, and it's totally going down the Old Man Logan route. It may have something to do with that little-known indie movie Deadpool, but apparently this has been in the works for a while.

For the uninitiated, I'll try to sum up Old Man Logan as neatly as a story arc as epic as the Wolverine's darkest adventure can be summarized.

The story finds Logan living in a distant-future, post-apocalyptic wasteland once known as California, but now run by gangsters descended from Bruce Banner. The Hulk Gang give Logan a beating as punishment for rent not paid. He does not fight back.

Hired by Hawkeye to help him complete a mission, the two men set off on a journey through old America, whose states have now been divided up among tyrannical supervillains such as Kingpin and Doom. Red Skull is now the President, while Magneto has been killed.

Saying too much more about Hawkeye's mission would be swerving into spoiler-ish territory, but let's just say it doesn't go too cleanly, and the two men end up running into a trap which requires Logan to become embrace the Wolverine and use his claws for the first time in decades.

The story is epic, poignant, bloody. Heads roll, in a non-metaphorical sense. Using it as the basis for Wolverine 3 is a bold move, not least because we're so used to our superheroes being borderline invincible.

The only problem is that Marvel own the rights to a lot of the major supporting players in the comic book story, but Patrick Stewart is already on board as Xavier, so there'll be at least a few familiar faces.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Stan Lee must wipe his rump with $100 bills.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
An R rated Wolverine move?  Fuck yes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you Deadpool.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude that wrote that article really needs an editor to check his work.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope this is green lit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The fact that Fox doesn't own the rights to the Hulk, Hawkeye, Kingpin or the Red Skull means they're going to have to do some major rewriting to the comic storyline.
Maybe Fox can get Marvel to agree on a cross-over, much like Sony did. Perhaps Marvel can have Deadpool for a movie?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you Deadpool.

View Quote

yeeess..  I HATE the current movie wolverine. He's waaaay to genteel and nice.  Wolverine is borderline serial killer psycopath. Not stylishly coiffed biker poser.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The fact that Fox doesn't own the rights to the Hulk, Hawkeye, Kingpin or the Red Skull means they're going to have to do some major rewriting to the comic storyline.
Maybe Fox can get Marvel to agree on a cross-over, much like Sony did. Perhaps Marvel can have Deadpool for a movie?
View Quote

This was my first question as well.  Every major character in this except one, and most of the minor characters, are owned in movie form by Marvel Studios.  I'm not sure Disney would want to borrow Deadpool.  They don't like to make movies with titties and the "fuck" word in them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Old Man Logan story line as Hugh Jackman's swan song would be fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

yeeess..  I HATE the current movie wolverine. He's waaaay to genteel and nice.  Wolverine is borderline serial killer psycopath. Not stylishly coiffed biker poser.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you Deadpool.

I enjoyed the last one, and no part of it more than the scene where he's asked, "What kind of monster are you?"

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Dis gona be guuuuuud
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's R then there be hopes for boobins!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#14]
old man logan was sweet.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you Deadpool.

He's also too tall.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3793842?utm_source=fb-channel-superheroes&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=rumor-the-wolverine-3-to-be-rated-r-will-adapt-the-old-man-logan-storyline

The story finds Logan living in a distant-future, post-apocalyptic wasteland once known as California, but now run by gangsters descended from Bruce Banner.
View Quote
View Quote
wat

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuckin' A.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know the Old Man Logan storyline but if they do it right this may not suck.

Sony is one for two on Wolverine flicks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Not written by David Hayter? No interest.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thank you Deadpool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thank you Deadpool.

this

Quoted:

and this
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not written by David Hayter? No interest.
View Quote

please elaborate....
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top