Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2016 2:06:44 PM EDT
What are good places to purchase gold and silver bullion online? I've thought about buying some in very small increments and APMEX looks like an ok place. I've heard of GoldLine too but you have to call them to place orders. Anyone have experience buying any online?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
SD bullion has buffalo silver rounds for fifty-nine cents over spot.  That's the cheapest I've found online.  Go to Pike's silver thread in Team to find the link.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
N/m
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
JM Bullion or Provident Metals.  Both are top notch!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What are good places to purchase gold and silver bullion online? I've thought about buying some in very small increments and APMEX looks like an ok place. I've heard of GoldLine too but you have to call them to place orders. Anyone have experience buying any online?
View Quote

Good company to deal with.  I'm not sure they are the cheapest but they have a lot of variety of gold, silver, palladium, platinum.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Apmex is good. Gainesville Coin has been good as well...

Tulving, well glad I stayed away

All great, until I decided to take the bullion with me on a boat ride at Lake Pleasant.

ETA: the best (by far) is purchasing in Austria or Germany in a major city at any of the numerous bullion dealers. No paper trail, all cash and carry.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#7]
You may want to find a good local dealer and buy in person.  It is nice to have a business relationship with a shop for when you plan on selling.  

I buy silver Chinese Pandas as close to spot as I can get, yes they will be more then basic silver rounds but in five years you will be thanking me, in ten you will want to buy me a steak dinner at the nicest place in town.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Be careful.

Spain might claim it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy in person, if you can. You get your product right away, that way. I prefer fractionals and junk dimes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Silvertowne has been good.

do the pawn shop and jewelry store crawl, best way to get it in person.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.montanararities.com/

Friend of mine swears by these guys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've ordered from Goldmart with good results (though they tend to be a little slow on the shipping).

You need to be careful wth one of the dealers you mentioned above.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I use apmex
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
JM Bullion or Provident Metals.  Both are top notch!
View Quote

+1 on JM Bullion.  I just got a tube of silver eagles delivered from them.  Considering what the local shop wanted, I feel I got a good price.  They ship from Vegas in case you're curious.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I use apmex
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:49:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Check out texmetals.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Silvertowne or Apmex.

I've heard bad things about the place that advertises in the NRA magazine, so I've avoided them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:37:46 AM EDT
[#18]
JM Bullion, Provident Metals, and APMEX are my three go-to sites for silver.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You may want to find a good local dealer and buy in person.  It is nice to have a business relationship with a shop for when you plan on selling.  

I buy silver Chinese Pandas as close to spot as I can get, yes they will be more then basic silver rounds but in five years you will be thanking me, in ten you will want to buy me a steak dinner at the nicest place in town.

View Quote

What is your theory? What makes them better
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I've bought from JM, Silvertowne, and APMEX.  I'm happy with all three.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Apmex
JM Bullion
Silver.com
Provident metals
Ebay (MCM, BPM, Bullion exchange)

All are good and no problems.

SHOP AROUND for best prices.
Some places like Apmex will sell things cheaper on ebay, than on their website.
Silver.com charges for shipping, but their coin prices will be cheaper than others, and the overall costs will be cheaper even after shipping.
Apmex is one of the more expensive places, but usually has more variety.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#22]
This might be useful to you. Shows prices at many places listed in this thread and the KitCo charts for both silver and gold.

https://comparesilverprices.com/
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#23]
So has silver bottomed out? I know it's up a bit in price but will we see it drop again?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top