Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/22/2016 7:34:39 AM EDT
Matt Walsch, a popular evangelical blogger had the following to say:

"Trump won South Carolina, a supposedly conservative Christian state, by a wide margin tonight.

A few quick reactions:

- Don't rationalize this. He didn't win because of Democrats. The man won Evangelicals. The man who -- JUST THIS WEEK -- praised Planned Parenthood, and who fishes for applause lines by cussing out his competitors and mocking disabled people, and who can't name a book in the Bible, and who said he doesn't need forgiveness from God, and who brags about sleeping with married women, and who said he'd love to date his own daughter because she has a hot body, and who supported the murder of fully developed infant children, and who blatantly lies and then lies again about lying, and who has encapsulated literally the exact opposite of anything that could remotely be considered a "Christian value," won with the indispensable assistance of Christians. The anger I feel towards those Christians in this moment cannot be put into words. They should be ashamed. I will pray for them.

- Speaking of winning conservatives, Trump -- JUST THIS WEEK -- said he likes the Obamacare mandate. This was, according to conservatives, the most important thing to defeat not but two years ago. Now some of those same conservatives are voting for a big government liberal who says he supports the very thing these very people were sure would undo the Republic just a few months ago.

- If Trump wins the nomination, conservatism in this country is officially dead, and the country itself will be close behind it.

- Speaking of the country's demise, Trump fans are gleefully ushering in tyranny. I am tired of hearing about their "anger." They claim they are angry at the very thing they now embrace. They aren't angry. They're bored. They're immature. They're infatuated with celebrity and fame and money. They aren't angry. I'm angry about what they are doing to my nation. The rest of us can be angry, but these people have lost the right to have their anger taken seriously.  

- I don't want to hear about second place consolation prizes. If Cruz or Rubio can't win South Carolina, it may be time to panic. I'm sorry, but it's true. Deal with the reality, folks.

- According to exit polls, Trump fans don't necessarily think he's electable and they don't believe he shares their values, but "they want change." Dear God, we are really doing 2008 all over again. People voting for ambiguous, non-specific change in spite of the avalanche of red flags. We are really doing this again. I am so disgusted at the stupidity in this country.  

- Bush should be commended for dropping out. He's an honorable and decent man, although I didn't support him. The others in the bottom tier, should they stay in, will be doing potentially irreparable harm to this country and my children's future. And that is something I will struggle to forgive.

- Get on your knees and pray for this country tonight. Right now. I feel we are on the cusp of something terrible. Pray we avoid it."
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

"Trump won South Carolina, a supposedly conservative Christian state, by a wide margin tonight.

A few quick reactions:

- Don't rationalize this. He didn't win because of Democrats. The man won Evangelicals. The man who -- JUST THIS WEEK -- praised Planned Parenthood, and who fishes for applause lines by cussing out his competitors and mocking disabled people, and who can't name a book in the Bible, and who said he doesn't need forgiveness from God, and who brags about sleeping with married women, and who said he'd love to date his own daughter because she has a hot body, and who supported the murder of fully developed infant children, and who blatantly lies and then lies again about lying, and who has encapsulated literally the exact opposite of anything that could remotely be considered a "Christian value," won with the indispensable assistance of Christians. The anger I feel towards those Christians in this moment cannot be put into words. They should be ashamed. I will pray for them.

- Speaking of winning conservatives, Trump -- JUST THIS WEEK -- said he likes the Obamacare mandate. This was, according to conservatives, the most important thing to defeat not but two years ago. Now some of those same conservatives are voting for a big government liberal who says he supports the very thing these very people were sure would undo the Republic just a few months ago.

- If Trump wins the nomination, conservatism in this country is officially dead, and the country itself will be close behind it.

- Speaking of the country's demise, Trump fans are gleefully ushering in tyranny. I am tired of hearing about their "anger." They claim they are angry at the very thing they now embrace. They aren't angry. They're bored. They're immature. They're infatuated with celebrity and fame and money. They aren't angry. I'm angry about what they are doing to my nation. The rest of us can be angry, but these people have lost the right to have their anger taken seriously.  

- I don't want to hear about second place consolation prizes. If Cruz or Rubio can't win South Carolina, it may be time to panic. I'm sorry, but it's true. Deal with the reality, folks.

- According to exit polls, Trump fans don't necessarily think he's electable and they don't believe he shares their values, but "they want change." Dear God, we are really doing 2008 all over again. People voting for ambiguous, non-specific change in spite of the avalanche of red flags. We are really doing this again. I am so disgusted at the stupidity in this country.  

- Bush should be commended for dropping out. He's an honorable and decent man, although I didn't support him. The others in the bottom tier, should they stay in, will be doing potentially irreparable harm to this country and my children's future. And that is something I will struggle to forgive.

- Get on your knees and pray for this country tonight. Right now. I feel we are on the cusp of something terrible. Pray we avoid it."
View Quote

I value some random evangelical's opinions even less than Trumps. Which is a feat.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of him before, but SPOT ON!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

View Quote

trump has been more specific in his proposals than any other candidate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of him before, but SPOT ON!
View Quote

I did. When someone else posted this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Matt Walsh sits in the corner typing away on his blog while he watches America get pozzed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Trump is the lesser of two evils.  Not talking about the Dems either.

Cruz is a bought and paid for politician.  If he didn't have videos of him shooting a SAW or frying bacon around his AR barrel he wouldn't be so popular here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
To be fair.........if you go to Trump's website his proposals are laid out pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cruz is a bought and paid for politician.  If he didn't have videos of him shooting a SAW or frying bacon around his AR barrel he wouldn't be so popular here.
View Quote

Well, there is that whole "Heller vs DC" thing.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

View Quote

Did it ever occur to him that maybe people are tired of this part?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

derp
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Nutshell version:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess evangelicals are just as pissed off at the establishment and GOPe and insider politicians as everyone else....
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

View Quote
I agree with pretty much everything the guy said, but found the first part funny: Is he describing trump, or the old testament?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

To be fair.........if you go to Trump's website his proposals are laid out pretty well.
View Quote
Doesn't matter, what percentage of people actually know "their candidate's" actual proposals?

5%? Just a wild assed guess.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Now some of the GD Trump haters are taking what evangelicals blog to heart.....Really? That has to be a new low.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Now some of the GD Trump haters are taking what evangelicals blog to heart.....Really? That has to be a new low.  
View Quote
I'll vote for him in the general if he is the nominee.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter, what percentage of people actually know "their candidate's" actual proposals?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of the point.

Nobody wants to here some fucking wonky description of how their 7.82% tax rate for income over 278,000 on long term capital gains excluding small cap foreign funds when they go to a political rally.

Trump, if nothing else, is giving the people what they want, both as a campaigner and as a presidential candidate.

If the Vichy GOP had fucking done the same they would be cruising to a record victory.

Instead what was ¡Yeb!'s plan?

Fuck the base appeal to moderate and use money to overwhelm any candidates who did try to appeal to the base.  Seriously.  His plan was to ignore republican voters to gain "moderates"

and that was Reince Prebius' favorite candidate.

And so here is a candidate who shouldn't be appealing to the republican base, and how do the Vichy republicans on ARFCOM and everywhere else respond?

"TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE INBRED FUCKING MORONS"

What they are saying to trump supporters, and those sick and tired of the Vichy is "THE REPUBLICAN BASE IS INBRED FUCKING MORONS."

Indeed they are, they voted for dumbasses like McCain and Dole and Bush and Romney for 25 years.  And they finally woke up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I agree with pretty much everything the guy said, but found the first part funny: Is he describing trump, or the old testament?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

You'll note the only incestous relations in the OT were Lot's daughters after leaving Sodom/Gomorrah and David's son raping his half-sister, which was quickly dealt with medieval style. I'm no scholar though, there could be other instances, but none I'm aware of that were lauded. Incest was punishable by stoning at the time.

Sometimes I like Walsh, sometimes he's way over the top in the interest of ratings it seems.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sometimes I like Walsh, sometimes he's way over the top in the interest of ratings it seems.
View Quote

while criticizing donald trump?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#22]
He doesn't mention a single issue of actual importance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

On the contrary, we all have litmus issues for candidates.
he mentioned things that are  litmus test issues for what he considers a good candidate
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump or the guy bitching about trump?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

he mentioned things that are  litmus test issues for what he considers a good candidate
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is scary.

With the increasing issues in the Middle East, Russia playing in the sandbox, the Chinese economy, and a fiesta of other economic issues... my first thought is "what does this fucker think about unborn babies?"
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

yep.

CRUZ is like $24,000,0000 in the hole to Wall Street.

Wall Street isn't giving shit without getting something in return.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Hint: for millions of conservative Americans, a MAJOR part of his attraction is that he is the polar opposite of an Evangelical. He doesn't even try to fake it. That should tell you something, but it wont.

In any case you guys already have your creepy candidates, you've got Cruz and Rubio and Carson and Santorum and the rest of the losers. If that's not enough draft the Duggar pedophile, he'd fit in perfectly and maybe Cruz could get some pointers on handling his daughter. You have your candidates and the voters took one look, cringed, and voted Trump.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or maybe his continuous defense of the constitution and second amendment...

You know, that whole thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

Cruz is Wall Street, but Trump - Donald Fucking Trump - is not Wall Street?

I must be on crazy pills.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Trump is who you get after rinos have spent decades collaborating with the dems to erode our rights and destroy this country.

Trump is what you get when the only alternative is more of the same rinos who dance around like pussies as liberal cowboys shoot six-guns into the dirt at their feet.

Trump is what you get when you need a mercenary to take back the white house.

I voted for Cruz in the primary KNOWING it was a symbolic gesture. He will most likely be done after super Tuesday and then it will be Trump all the way.

Conservatism in this country might not be dead yet but it sure enough is on life-support.

You fight with what you got.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'll vote for him in the general if he is the nominee.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Trump is who you get after rinos have spent decades collaborating with the dems to erode our rights and destroy this country.

Trump is what you get when the only alternative is more of the same rinos who dance around like pussies as liberal cowboys shoot six-guns into the dirt at their feet.

Trump is what you get when you need a mercenary to take back the white house.

I voted for Cruz in the primary KNOWING it was a symbolic gesture. He will most likely be done after super Tuesday and then it will be Trump all the way.

Conservatism in this country might not be dead yet but it sure enough is on life-support.

You fight with what you got.
View Quote

Well said.

I can't shake the feeling that Trump is a Manchurian Candidate for the dems. Everyone voting for him is betting that he's the real deal, I just don't feel it. If he is the candidate though, I'll take 50/50 that he's for real over comrade Clinton or Sanders.

At least with Cruz, I believe him when he says something.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've been reading Matt Walsh for some time now.  His commentaries tend to be insightful and spot on.

Of course, I expect adolescent comments from people who do not share the Christian worldview.
View Quote

Well, that wasn't condescending at all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

Plus, every woman I know thinks he's creepy. A) There could be something to it, B) they're not going to vote for the man if he can recite the Constitution backwards impersonating Reagan's voice
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Op, that dude can suck it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#38]
That dude nailed it 100%. He just gave the Trumpettes a dose of reality, not that it will change their zombie minds. He is spot on with this being 2008 all over again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

He just can't quote any of them.  Mostly because he didn't write any of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

Well, you are.

Trump doesn't like wall street because as a real estate developer he competes with wall street for investor dollars.  he has bitched for decades that federal law has favored the stock market over other investment vehicles (to include real estate)

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That dude nailed it 100%. He just gave the Trumpettes a dose of reality, not that it will change their zombie minds. He is spot on with this being 2008 all over again.
View Quote

You sound like a Jeb Bush supporter to me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

Or he realizes that wonky policy talks doesn't bring in the voters.

he could do an al gore and talk about ss lock boxes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

This is a stupid and uneducated argument.

Do you think Trump paid cash for his properties?  If not, where'd he come up with the money?

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/01/22/every-bank-wall-street-owns-donald-trump/
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few quick reactions:

Could be.  Maybe I'm not the audience he's after.  Trump being the nominee is all but inevitable.  He must be doing something right.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

Wall Street has donated virtually nothing to the Trump campaign. They have,  however been equally generous to Cruz and Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know you're a 14er, so it's possible you weren't involved in recent gun rights fights, but it's a good enough quote to say this in response to.  Yours is certainly a widely-held belief.  This is just a general observation.

I don't think there can be any doubt that Cruz is the strongest pro-2A candidate.  I'd go so far as to say the strongest in the past 100 years.  It's very likely you won't see a stronger presidential candidate for another 100.  Though one can certainly hope.

ARF doesn't like him, though, which is curious.  I thought this was a gun board?

But of course it makes perfect sense.  You're comfortable, and you're happy with the guns and privileges you have.

And let's face it.  Most of GD doesn't carry a gun outside the home.  Most don't want to.  Most don't really care about gun laws, because they don't find them too inconvenient.  Most take their budget AR covered with NCStar AIDS (if they have an AR at all) to the public range and punch paper twice a year.  They don't compete, they don't travel, and in general they don't do anything that the general laws would really inconvenience them over.  Y'all don't NFA, y'all don't C&R, y'all don't ammo fort...

In short:  Bro, do you even operate?

Which, it's fine if you don't.  I don't care.  I'm simply pointing out how ARF has changed.

A short 3 years ago, GD was going nuts, wringing their hands over MAH RIGHTS!  Obama gonna take yer guns!

And now, we've got the candidate of our wet dreams, and GD couldn't care less.

Anyhow, the next time you see some thread whining about how "The NRA needs to play offense!" or "We need to push back!" or "Why won't any politicians... ?"

Now you know.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Which is scary.

With the increasing issues in the Middle East, Russia playing in the sandbox, the Chinese economy, and a fiesta of other economic issues... my first thought is "what does this fucker think about unborn babies?"
View Quote

That's an Evangelical for you.
The abortion issue is a litmus test for many religious types.
The stuff you mention is merely a sign to them that we are in the last days.
They expect to be with God after the Rapture, sob they think those things wont affect them or any other true believers
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Haha...

We all speak of the downhill slide we are on in this country.

We really are....

And Trump is part of that slide, just as Cruz and Rubio are.....

Trump is just waaaaaayyyyy more entertaining.

Thinking that any president will change the inevitable direction we are headed is naive at best.

Learn your history. No country last forever. None. Zero. Nada.

100% chance we will eventually be irrelevant. It's all about time at this point.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Could be.  Maybe I'm not the audience he's after.  Trump being the nominee is all but inevitable.  He must be doing something right.
View Quote

By definition, half of all people are below average intelligence.

plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Shit like this is why Cruz can't even win in evangelical South Carolina:

Cruz Campaign Apologizes to Marco Rubio for Spreading False Bible Story

Rick Tyler, the Senior Communications Advisor for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) issued a public apology after spreading a false story reporting that Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) made a nasty comment to a Cruz staffer about the Bible.
View Quote

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/22/cruz-campaign-apologizes-to-marco-rubio-for-spreading-false-bible-story/

By their fruit you will know them.

A creepy dirty tree bears creepy dirty fruit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top