Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2016 9:47:10 PM EDT
So that cadillac...the only radio it has is standard AM/FM...no tape deck, no auxiliary ports or CD players. Really a huge letdown right now.

I tried a FM transmitter but the quality is "meh" , since it gets static. Before I had a tape transmitter with my 84 Marquis, and it had a crisp nice quality since it was directly hooked up. But this car doesnt even have that I dont want to rewire the car since the electronics are old and very fickle on those 70s and 80s cars..to be honest they are more complex than on the 90s...no joke

Any good and cheap options?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There are classic look stereos on the market that will solve your problem. Check here, not sure what year you need.

http://www.classiccarstereos.com/category/1980-1984-Cadillac-Radio.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Boombox on the seat
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Toll thread. WTF would you need a FM transmitter if it has an AM/FM radio? Those were used when the radio was only AM.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are classic look stereos on the market that will solve your problem. Check here, not sure what year you need.

http://www.classiccarstereos.com/category/1980-1984-Cadillac-Radio.html
View Quote

awesome that pretty much fixes the problem

I was getting ready to drop like ~250 on one with a tape player...and use the cassette adapter. You saved me 80 bucks and I dont need to buy used...cheers. Installation might be a PITA though

shadowmaker--I want to play my own music from the iphone, not listen to the garbage they have on there...and one way you do it is through those transmitter things but they have a so-so quality since I guess its not direct input,,,lots of cut out and static
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Toll thread. WTF would you need a FM transmitter if it has an AM/FM radio? Those were used when the radio was only AM.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh?

An FM transmitter transmits the sound from a device like an ipod.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least have a clue what you're talking about before you call someone out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Duct tape a bluetooth speaker to the dash.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sing the shit that is in your head.

View Quote

buddy, you dont wanna know whats in my head
I know what to do by the way, definitely going to get that retro looking radio
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top