Too easy when you put "teen" like that
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what the "media" called it.

I like how they are showing a Trump rally at the video link before you start it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I like how they are showing a Trump rally at the video link before you start it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would think the media would realize everyone knows what teen means now and change it up.

ETA: Maybe , youthful exuberance for life rallies
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Teens = ????
Youth = ????
Grow some balls media and report the truth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Teens = ????

Youth = ????

View Quote
Silly goose that would be racist.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Teens = ????
Youth = ????
View Quote

They would be skewered if they call it what it is.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#7]
according to your likelink "one rock was thrown, that was the only violence"
that is a lot of things but a 'riot' it is not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Trump   going   to fix  this PC crap

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teens = ????
Youth = ????

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#9]
This happened inside the containment fence of I-465.  The article isn't as descriptive as it could be.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
according to your like "one rock was thrown, that was the only violence"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Media calling it a riot, not me, but you must have missed this detail.

They became rowdy, yelling profanities and trying to start fights.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Where's the guy from GD with his SBR truck gun dropping empty polymer magazines?

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#12]
You have to love media bias.

1.  showing a trump rally for the picture before the video starts.  Guess they needed white people.

2.  Calling them teens.  How the fuck do you know how old they are?  You know what you do know?  That they are black.  But you won't state the facts and you will instead insert opinion in the name of political correctness.  

As I opined in the other thread, there are millions of your fellow citizens that you will beat you to death in a minute if they thought they could get away with it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1.  showing a trump rally for the picture before the video starts.  Guess they needed white people.

2.  Calling them teens.  How the fuck do you know how old they are?  You know what you do know?  That they are black.  But you won't state the facts and you will instead insert opinion in the name of political correctness.  

As I opined in the other thread, there are millions of your fellow citizens that you will beat you to death in a minute if they thought they could get away with it.
View Quote

There were a ton of white people at the "riot".  They're called cops.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha ha ha... mmmmmm that's not funny.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#15]
What a bunch of wonderful roommates
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Teens = ????

Youth = ????

View Quote

It is the truth because we know what they mean and the racists can't call them racist.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Surprise
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I live in Indy, I know where that Skateland is.  It's in a terrible part of town, i'm not surprised.  I'm actually surprise nobody was shot and/or killed
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Black people skate??
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Teens = ????
Youth = ????

Lol, you sure about that?

*not trying to derail into another Trump thread, but he's now a celebrity politician just like the rest of them, my expectations are near zero.  I don't like politicians and attorneys anyway, and I'm not putting any stock in any of the clowns currently running for office.

That video sure lacks a lot of the actions necessary for a "riot".  Looks to me like normal expected urban yute behavior.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Black people skate??
View Quote

Haven't you ever seen Michael Jackson's BAD video?

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read it, twice . The media did not use the word "riot' at all.
for reference
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Feb. 20, 2016) -- Dozens of teenagers flooded out of Skateland USA and started brawling late Saturday night on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

According to metro police, the incident started when the teens were asked to leave Skateland USA around 9 p.m. due to capacity issues.  The group of at least 100 people then started gathering near 40th Street and High School Road. They became rowdy, yelling profanities and trying to start fights. Skateland USA called police to break up the crowd.

Moments later police officers arrived and sent the teenagers home.  At one point, someone threw a rock through a windshield of a patrol car.  That was the only violence reported. No one was injured and no arrests were made.

Several cruisers stayed in the area, along with a police helicopter until the crowd dispersed.

A police incident report stated that a single police pepper ball had been deployed at the scene.

Police say a social media flyer earlier in the day may have contributed to the large crowd.  Saturday afternoon, Skateland USA posted on Facebook about rumors of a lock-in Saturday night.  The Facebook post said there was no lock-in scheduled, and parents should not expect to drop off children for an event of that nature.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Black people skate??
View Quote

Did you ever go to a skating party is school?

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'll start calling them Pro-Life Christian Teens.  

"A large group of Pro-Life Christian Teens rioted in Indianapolis last night.  One police car damaged."

I just think it would be funny to see reactions from both sides.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#25]
While blacks are, collectively, the great masters of destruction, violent crime, whining, political gullibility and generational failure in America today, this looked liked fairly well behaved kids who were just out and about. One rock at a cop car? A few bad apples in the mix.

Generations of repeated incidents of unforgivably despicable anti social and violent behavior has just trained our brains to view large groups of blacks as an imminent threat. This is not the case here, from the looks of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#26]
White Christians again?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
according to your likelink "one rock was thrown, that was the only violence"
View Quote

+1, the title to this thread is a little sensational.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Hmm. Those pesky Amish senior citizens again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#31]
"Teens" and "rowdy"! A two-fer!
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sir, if you care to, read Colin Flaherty's "White Girls Bleed A Lot" and "Don't Make The Black Kids Angry." They are eye-openers in more than one way. Your questions will
be answered.

Skateland in Indianapolis is definitely a case of "the usual suspects in their usual hangout." It is mentioned in Flaherty's books repeatedly; I knew what this
post was about as soon as I saw the title.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Last year a block party got shut down and someone through a boulder through a cop car rear window..

I dont think it even got reported and it was outside of Indianapolis.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm shocked.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

for reference
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for reference
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Feb. 20, 2016) -- Dozens of teenagers flooded out of Skateland USA and started brawling late Saturday night on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

According to metro police, the incident started when the teens were asked to leave Skateland USA around 9 p.m. due to capacity issues.  The group of at least 100 people then started gathering near 40th Street and High School Road. They became rowdy, yelling profanities and trying to start fights. Skateland USA called police to break up the crowd.

Moments later police officers arrived and sent the teenagers home.  At one point, someone threw a rock through a windshield of a patrol car.  That was the only violence reported. No one was injured and no arrests were made.

Several cruisers stayed in the area, along with a police helicopter until the crowd dispersed.

A police incident report stated that a single police pepper ball had been deployed at the scene.

Police say a social media flyer earlier in the day may have contributed to the large crowd.  Saturday afternoon, Skateland USA posted on Facebook about rumors of a lock-in Saturday night.  The Facebook post said there was no lock-in scheduled, and parents should not expect to drop off children for an event of that nature.

That's because they took the word RIOT out at 7:14am.  It was there until then.  It's still in the link though.  

http://fox59.com/2016/02/21/police-car-damaged-in-indianapolis-teen-riot
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#36]
If Skateland had been more tolerant and willing to stay open longer, this wouldn't have happened.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's because they took the word RIOT out at 7:14am.  It was there until then.  It's still in the link though.  

View Quote

One also needs to keep in mind the depressing regularity with which the media downplays such incidents.

Innumerable examples where the first reports describe "rowdy teens" getting in fights, only to have numerous witnesses/victims come forward later with stories of beatings, robberies, and destruction of property.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

One also needs to keep in mind the depressing regularity with which the media downplays such incidents.

Innumerable examples where the first reports describe "rowdy teens" getting in fights, only to have numerous witnesses/victims come forward later with stories of beatings, robberies, and destruction of property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They still have it listed as a riot on their Facebook.  Should somebody tell them?

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They still have it listed as a riot on their Facebook.  Should somebody tell them?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Etc/Screenshot_2016-02-21-10-52-15.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Etc/Screenshot_2016-02-21-10-52-15.png

Someone in the newsroom is asleep at the wheel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I have no problem with police and never have any interactions with them, yet, those who have the most personal hatred of police can`t seem to keep from inviting them into their lives everyday. Damndest thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What a bunch of wonderful roommates
View Quote

Maybe CL just let out. They went to the mall to network on rental arrangements.  Theyre good guys though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Black people skate??

Yeah, but I grew up in NH.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I live in Indy, I know where that Skateland is.  It's in a terrible part of town, i'm not surprised.  I'm actually surprise nobody was shot and/or killed
View Quote

I was betting on Circle Center Mall (the usual site for the usual suspects).  I don't live far from there (separated by an interstate and 3-5 miles of heavily wooded terrain) but I wouldn't drive down High School Rd. OR 38th St. without my AR (and a blanket pardon for whatever transpired during said drive).

The BP station there is a frequent host for robberies, shootings and finding dead people in the driver's seat out front (and no one EVER sees ANYTHING).  Several years ago, a "teen" tried to rob a mercado nearby. The owner would have none of that and gave the teen an introduction to the destructive power of a 12 gauge on the human body.  No charges or reprecussions followed.

A true Indiana shithole.

TC

ETA: I will say, I don't hear very many reports of trouble at the Skating Rink given that the parking lot is jammed every weekend night. Local security must keep a tight reign on it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Good lord, I loves me some ONJ!

A truly shitty movie but...

TC
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Bump with update
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Black people skate??
View Quote

Only when water polo is out of season.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are damned right about that and the next time you're (generally speaking) standing in line at the corner gas station, think about the gossamer-thin barrier of civilization between you and those around you.  I've got no love for Cromwell but keep your powder dry boys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top