Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2016 8:56:27 PM EDT
I have a Giessele G2S trigger in a 10.5" SBR that about 30% of the time will not reset.

Hammer spring legs on top of trigger pin, Trigger spring legs oriented to the front.

Round fires, ejects, re-chambers a fresh round, hammer stays to the rear.

Sometimes I can push it forward with my finger, sometimes I can't move the trigger.

Safety on, safety off, pull the trigger........nothing.

Drop mag, clear the chamber, open the upper, yep, trigger is set back past the sear??

Pull trigger, and hammer will fall.

Reload, chamber, fire 5 or 6 rounds.....trigger doesn't reset. Safety on, safety off, push trigger forward, won't move. manipulate the safety on and off, nothing, manipulate the hammer, nothing. look at it for a few second *tick* trigger rests as I am looking at it....

I am wondering if my recoil spring is too light. (I installed a lighter weight spring and standard buffer) But I have an adjustable gas block and I've tuned it pretty low.

Brass flies about 2-4 feet to the two O'clock.

Trigger works perfectly when cycling by hand.

Any tips or suggestions?

I'm going to change the recoil spring back to a standard and bring different weight buffers tomorrow and see what happens then.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Same set up works normally with a different FCG?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ibl

in before larue
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ibl

in before larue
View Quote

damn I came here to say this
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Installed a G2S recently, curious about resolution.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Hurr durr super precision

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the trigger move freely in the lower?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Wow. never knew......
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Same set up works normally with a different FCG?
View Quote

Yes. Had a standard GI trigger in the gun prior to the G2S install. (however I did swap the buffer and spring prior to this range trip). So I'll swap those back and try again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ibl

in before larue

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the disconnector spring installed?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Curious if the trigger was installed prior to having the gun? I didn't see if you mentioned and making sure the pins are Geissele and grooved correctly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have a Giessele G2S trigger in a 10.5" SBR that about 30% of the time will not reset.

Hammer spring legs on top of trigger pin, Trigger spring legs oriented to the front.

Sometimes I can push it forward with my finger, sometimes I can't move the trigger.

Drop mag, clear the chamber, open the upper, yep, trigger is set back past the sear??

Reload, chamber, fire 5 or 6 rounds.....trigger doesn't reset. Safety on, safety off, push trigger forward, won't move. manipulate the safety on and off, nothing, manipulate the hammer, nothing. look at it for a few second *tick* trigger rests as I am looking at it....

I am wondering if my recoil spring is too light. (I installed a lighter weight spring and standard buffer) But I have an adjustable gas block and I've tuned it pretty low.

Any tips or suggestions?

I'm going to change the recoil spring back to a standard and bring different weight buffers tomorrow and see what happens then.
View Quote
Larue MBT

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the disconnector spring installed?
View Quote

Now that is something to look into..................thanks.

Edit.....yes it's there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Does a Function check work as expected?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does a Function check work as expected?
View Quote

Works perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Any tips or suggestions?

View Quote

FWIW, I have a 10.3" SBR with single weight (+delrin spacers) in the buffer weight, standard recoil spring and SLR Adj Gas Block. It works perfect since day one. Check for disconnector spring (or lack thereof). Also, if your are using the "gold" trigger spring change it for the factory black spring!
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FWIW, I have a 10.3" SBR with single weight (+delrin spacers) in the buffer weight, standard recoil spring and SLR Adj Gas Block. It works perfect since day one. Check for disconnector spring (or lack thereof). Also, if your are using the "gold" trigger spring change it for the factory black spring!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any tips or suggestions?

Has the black spring.

Everyone is giving great suggestions......
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Brass ejecting to the 2 o'clock? That don't seem right to me. Should be ejecting to the 3:30 - 4 o'clock. Turn down your gas block more (since you have an adjustable gas block) or you can up the buffer weight. Turn off gas then open it up until you have enough gas to lock bolt to the rear on the last round, then open up the gas by like 1 or 2 clicks more. Stick with standard strength buffer spring since you're not using lightweight buffers and bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Brass ejecting to the 2 o'clock? That don't seem right to me. Should be ejecting to the 3:30 - 4 o'clock. Turn down your gas block more (since you have an adjustable gas block) or you can up the buffer weight. Turn off gas then open it up until you have enough gas to lock bolt to the rear on the last round, then open up the gas by like 1 or 2 clicks more. Stick with standard strength buffer spring since you're not using lightweight buffers and bolt carrier.
View Quote

Yeah. To be honest, it is a parts gun. I assembled it with left over parts except for the G2S  trigger.

I foresee lots of tinkering with this one till it runs well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some lightweight action guns eject a bit forward due to fast cycling and it is ok.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a broken Geissele used once. The owner sent me a replacement disconnector and a goodie bag, knowing full well that I purchased a used trigger.

Give them a call.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Well,  Today was a good day.

I changed the recoil spring and played with three different buffer weights. (standard, H2 and a 9mm buffer) gun fired everything I fed it with one exception a round only chambered half way in. Not sure what that was about though.

I fired fast, slow, weak handed, not shouldered, one handed pistol style, just about every conceivable style i could to see if I could get the gun to malfunction.

Whatever it was, the gun works just as well with any buffer weight. The standard was noticeably more recoil and the 9mm buffer was the least, but the gun chugged along for about 80 rounds.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Weird.

I have never experienced a failure with mine, and this lower has seen near 100k shots fired, not including dry fire practice.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well,  Today was a good day.

I changed the recoil spring and played with three different buffer weights. (standard, H2 and a 9mm buffer) gun fired everything I fed it with one exception a round only chambered half way in. Not sure what that was about though.

I fired fast, slow, weak handed, not shouldered, one handed pistol style, just about every conceivable style i could to see if I could get the gun to malfunction.

Whatever it was, the gun works just as well with any buffer weight. The standard was noticeably more recoil and the 9mm buffer was the least, but the gun chugged along for about 80 rounds.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate it.
View Quote

Did you take the trigger out and put it back in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top