Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/19/2016 4:59:26 PM EDT
Hell is going on?

They have pirates, Vikings and men in skirts walking around now...

What the hell
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What no pics?

Instead of people at walmart you should start a people at gun shows.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the sights distract the body odors and baby strollers?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't been to one since discovering Gunbroker several years ago.

It's just not worth the time or effort for the more...refined...gun owners
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I seem to remember gun shows, it's been so long.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
You missed the 80s.

Tiger stripes. Bloused pants. Berets. Mirrored sunglasses. The Marlboro dangling from the corner of the tough guy's lips as he describes the best sentry removal technique with his Rambo knife.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

Tiger stripes. Bloused pants. Berets. Mirrored sunglasses. The Marlboro dangling from the corner of the tough guy's lips as he describes the best sentry removal technique with his Rambo knife.
View Quote

I remember those vividly!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
becoming?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been to a gun show in over 10 years, and back then the only people I saw dress up were bunch of middle-aged guys wearing ill-fitted camo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't been to a gun show in 4 or 5 years.

Sounds like I'm not missing much.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#10]
When cosplay and gonnes intertwine.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone wearing a helmet or armor and pushing a stroller while eating jerky
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You missed the 80s.

View Quote
Don't forget the "De Rigueur" black tactical vests (Those were always popular around here)

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sometimes it ain't so bad...

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/HardShell/media/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/Bullpuppicture_zps8eaf922e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/Bullpuppicture_zps8eaf922e.jpg</a>

View Quote

Look at the smile on that arfcommers face!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't forget the "De Rigueur" black tactical vests (Those were always popular around here)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

So we're the black or dark blue jumpsuits
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Because.........wearing Camouflage is soooo old.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/HardShell/media/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/Bullpuppicture_zps8eaf922e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20General%20Firearm-Related/Bullpuppicture_zps8eaf922e.jpg</a>

View Quote

The guy in the background is hilarious!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Those were much better gun show days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

Ahhh... that took me back to my childhood.  Dad would take us to the gun show in Austin and we'd spend hours cruising through all the crappy stalls, he'd marvel at the collectible guns and we'd look at look at Fatty McFatterson in his 5XL tiger stripe camo and snicker.

Good times.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's a very knowledgeable armorer/'smith that used to work tables with my neighbor and me when we were trying to "thin the herds."

But yeah, he was getting a kick out of this girl.  She seemed like a sweet kid, and she basically sold that old Mossberg 'pup for me at my asking price to some guy who came along as we were chatting with her.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the smile on that arfcommers face!

That's a very knowledgeable armorer/'smith that used to work tables with my neighbor and me when we were trying to "thin the herds."

But yeah, he was getting a kick out of this girl.  She seemed like a sweet kid, and she basically sold that old Mossberg 'pup for me at my asking price to some guy who came along as we were chatting with her.

America is the best country!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ahhh... that took me back to my childhood.  Dad would take us to the gun show in Austin and we'd spend hours cruising through all the crappy stalls, he'd marvel at the collectible guns and we'd look at look at Fatty McFatterson in his 5XL tiger stripe camo and snicker.

Good times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

Good times.

I may or may not have some pictures of me at about age 15 with cammies, mirrored glasses, a cigarette, and holding one of a few firearms. I'll see if I can find them tonight for shits and grins.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

I miss the gun shows in the small towns of 30 years ago, Usually at the Elk's Lodge,  no pawn shop pricing, No Ebay  junk sellers, no idiots with Chinese ninja crap, no Airsoft,  just farmer Brown with a table of stuff he wanted to trade or sell out of his personal collection.  I had a lot of fun and made some really good finds in those days.

Friends and I drove all over the state to go to them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Parties.

More than one party is parties. Party's is a plural possessive.

And, yes. Plus that Hooters lookin' gal, nice. Also, I want that MAS 49/56 on the table.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't go to those places anymore.
I go were the YOGA pants are.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I miss the gun shows in the small towns of 30 years ago, Usually at the Elk's Lodge,  no pawn shop pricing, No Ebay  junk sellers, no idiots with Chinese ninja crap, no Airsoft,  just farmer Brown with a table of stuff he wanted to trade or sell out of his personal collection.  I had a lot of fun and made some really good finds in those days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

Some southwest states still has them at elks lodge and Catholic Churches. Amazing what gramps brings out sometimes...

They bring out museum quality pieces
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#30]
You could probably get men in pirate skirts easily here if that is your thing.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

View Quote

I missed the 80's (for gun shows).  My first gun show was around 4 or 5 years ago in my late 30's.  I was not impressed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Parties.

More than one party is parties. Party's is a plural possessive.

And, yes. Plus that Hooters lookin' gal, nice. Also, I want that MAS 49/56 on the table.
View Quote

AM I BEING DETAINED?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

View Quote

I remember those days.

Everyone was a Green Beret, and came dressed the part.  Eye patches, canes, tigerstripes, MAC-V SOG Patches, leather vests adorned with all kinds of unit patches.

Half the guys were genuine vets who just dress like that for some reason, along with their VFW and American Legion flair.

Vendors with bad personal hygiene and obesity as a standard, with non-stop gun grabber scare speeches (that turned out to be true).

You also had the Fudds as a sizable population, the ammo people, Paladin Press tables filled with Get Even Series, bomb-making, the whole works.

At a local show a few years ago, there was this vendor who dresses out in a perfect balance of IPSC competitor, and Samurai-ninja, complete with race gun holsters and mag pouches, sword, scabbard, throwing stars, claw shoes, knives, and skirt.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I missed the 80's (for gun shows).  My first gun show was around 4 or 5 years ago in my late 30's.  I was not impressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

That's a bummer. They were glorious.

The selection of foreign rifles, machine guns, surplus gear and ammo, unique stuff, decent to great prices.

I remember the Indy 1500 one year, there was a guy with a Hotchkiss 2" rotary cannon. Holy crap that was cool.

Knob Creek had unfathomable amounts of ammunition available. Don't remember what years, but 7.62x39 was 80 bucks for 1440 rounds for a while. 7.62 nato was 100 bucks a case. I still have some.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I went to one in Chantilly va, WAY more entertaining than the ones in AK. Most of our everyday people wear camo and eat jerky while OCing a bolt gun...
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#37]
hey look! those guys are dressed differently than I am!

let's make fun of them!

and yes, I wear woodland at some point every day.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#38]
FNG here.  I'm just getting into AR-15s and going to a gun show tomorrow. Not sure if I should be scared or dress up like a Viking.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I remember those days.

Everyone was a Green Beret, and came dressed the part.  Eye patches, canes, tigerstripes, MAC-V SOG Patches, leather vests adorned with all kinds of unit patches.

Half the guys were genuine vets who just dress like that for some reason, along with their VFW and American Legion flair.

Vendors with bad personal hygiene and obesity as a standard, with non-stop gun grabber scare speeches (that turned out to be true).

You also had the Fudds as a sizable population, the ammo people, Paladin Press tables filled with Get Even Series, bomb-making, the whole works.

At a local show a few years ago, there was this vendor who dresses out in a perfect balance of IPSC competitor, and Samurai-ninja, complete with race gun holsters and mag pouches, sword, scabbard, throwing stars, claw shoes, knives, and skirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

I remember those days.

You forgot the CB/ham radio guys set up

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I remember those days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You missed the 80s.

I remember those days.

selling those soviet shooting tactacal knives.questionable shotgun ammo.bugging equipment.bug detectors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Some southwest states still has them at elks lodge and Catholic Churches. Amazing what gramps brings out sometimes...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You missed the 80s.

We have a small show like that around here (Rickreall).  It's my favorite "Brown Gun" show.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hell is going on?

They have pirates, Vikings and men in skirts walking around now...

What the hell
View Quote

You sure you were at a gun show?

Not like that here

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#44]
What it a Gun Show or a Comic Con?

What was the scooter and stroller count?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Does J.A. Ciener still show up at the Knob Creek Show to sell his .22 conversions wearing an "Uncle Sam" outfit?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Haha. The 80's in all her glory.  Yeah, I miss/don't miss the "Turner Diaries" bookseller guy.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Haha. The 80's in all her glory.  Yeah, I miss/don't miss the "Turner Diaries" bookseller guy.

View Quote

The one at great western in the 80s had a badcombover, monocle and wore a lab coat
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Gun shows around here started being terrible in the late 90's so I haven't even been to one in years.

Slim pickings, no deals, increasingly poor selection of "good stuff", so crowded that there is barely room to breathe and a $5 entry fee for the privilege. People were still dressed pretty normally though last one I went to.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gun shows around here started being terrible in the late 90's so I haven't even been to one in years.

Slim pickings, no deals, increasingly poor selection of "good stuff", so crowded that there is barely room to breathe and a $5 entry fee for the privilege. People were still dressed pretty normally though last one I went to.
View Quote

5 bucks to get in? That's cheap unless the toll booths add up
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Always have been. People buying, selling and wearing nazi fetish items. S
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top