Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/17/2016 6:40:05 PM EDT
eForm 4 has been gone for some time, and now no more eForm 1's after 41F goes into effect (7/13/16). None. We're back to paper from here on out.

ATF changed their mind on the 24 month prior approval certification section of 41F, even though it is going into the Code of Federal Regulations that way, and will be requiring fingerprints and photographs for every form 1 or form 4 submission. You can't submit a FD-258 Fingerprint card through eForms...

It was fun while it lasted.

eForm 1 - 8/1/13 - 7/13/16

SilencerShop's Explanation
Prince Law Explanation
From the folks at NFATCA, may fuck be upon them, top of page 4
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if that was a significant part of the goal in all this, eForms made it too easy for the rabble to get NFA items. This way they could axe it without drawing attention to the motive. Or maybe I need to buy less tinfoil
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if that was a significant part of the goal in all this, eForms made it too easy for the rabble to get NFA items.
View Quote

It effectively kills eForms, gets BATFE off the hook from ever bringing back eForm 4 (it won't be needed anymore, now will it), and should slow down the spread of NFA due to increased wait times and decreased ease of submission.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait until Trusts are somehow forced out...
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Better get off my ass and eform some suppressors.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh gosh,  crimes involving NFA items must have risen. Golly. I understand.  So now all applications require a fingerprint  and photo. It is only fair considering  how often NFA items are lost,  or used by criminals. Applicants must aren't required to go through enough hoops. There are too many loopholes.   It is simply common sense.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait until Trusts are somehow forced out...
View Quote

You mean wait until July 13th, 2016?

eForms will cease to be of any use to non-FFLs on that day.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
FATF and fuck all liberals.

Even more of a reason to get behind pro-2A politicians.

I'm a Cruz guy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Oh gosh,  crimes involving NFA items must have risen. Golly. I understand.  So now all applications require a fingerprint  and photo. It is only fair considering  how often NFA items are lost,  or used by criminals. Applicants must aren't required to go through enough hoops. There are too many loopholes.   It is simply common sense.
View Quote
Bloods and Crips might incorporate or form a Gang Trust.

Got to keep dangerous WMD out of hands of domestic terrorists, right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I received two approvals in the last two days. Three more should be approved in the next couple weeks
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Well...looks like my dream of obtaining some NFA toys won't happen. Because by the time I can move to  free state 41F will have been in effect for a few months.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well...looks like my dream of obtaining some NFA toys won't happen. Because by the time I can move to  free state 41F will have been in effect for a few months.
View Quote

Why?

While I don't like having to get photos and fingerprints 41P will actually make it easier for individuals to purchase NFA and if you're trust is written in a manner that there aren't more than a few people or just you as a responsible person it isn't that big of a deal there either.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why?

While I don't like having to get photos and fingerprints 41P will actually make it easier for individuals to purchase NFA and if you're trust is written in a manner that there aren't more than a few people or just you as a responsible person it isn't that big of a deal there either.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because being that I currently live in a ban state I'm used to being disappointed so I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Eforms is a steaming pile of horse shit.

That being said I hope to use it at least one more time in the coming months.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Cruz or Trump should get on the air and said if they are president that all NFA times will be 1 month or less.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder if that was a significant part of the goal in all this, eForms made it too easy for the rabble to get NFA items. This way they could axe it without drawing attention to the motive. Or maybe I need to buy less tinfoil
View Quote

That is exactly the intent.

A right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I fucking hate the ATF.  Every last one of them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Eforms is a steaming pile of horse shit.

That being said I hope to use it at least one more time in the coming months.
View Quote

It's a pile of shit, but I'll still miss it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Paper forms are pretty easy...

I've done now... 4 paper form 4's and 1 form 1 efile.  Only about 5 minutes difference...
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I especially hate that those nutless assholes can just change the rules. No law, no congressional oversight, nothing. They just arbitrarily make life harder on gun owners.

fuck them. I'd be fine if every last one of them died of ass cancer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, they're the mutherfuckers that CREATED eforms, so they ought to have to live with their baby.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, they're the mutherfuckers that CREATED eforms, so they ought to have to live with their baby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They seem more like the type to leave the baby in a nearby dumpster.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Paper forms are pretty easy...

I've done now... 4 paper form 4's and 1 form 1 efile.  Only about 5 minutes difference...
View Quote
When I had a F1 kicked back due to a clerical error I got the refund on my credit card promptly, within a day or so.  That was nice...

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh, back to paper. And more dead trees.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm so confused.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Makes no difference to me. I don't own any NFA stuff and can't afford to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#26]
As long as I can fill out a form and they send me the stamp I don't care.

My local sheriff hates liberals.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meh, back to paper. And more dead trees.
View Quote

Easy come, easy go, right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#28]
This entire NFA shit needs to go away.

I just had to pay $200 and wait who knows how long to get my Turkish Zenith MP5 knock off SBR'ed. It was a minute to have the pin pulled, stock put on, pin put in. Bam my pistol was turned  into an SBR, now I must wait.

Here in WA our SBR stuff got messed up so I cannot "manufacture" my own SBR.  A class 7? guy did that and it cost me $125 for him to do it, but he has to do a bunch of paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

why would 41F keep you from owning NFA stuff?

it adds fingerprints to the trust option

and

removes the CLEO signoff from the individual option.

I prefer the individual ownership option, so 41f is a plus for me.    it just trims off the CLEO signoff

it was a non-issue for me anyway, my local CLEO would sign off on a nuclear weapon

fingerprints and photos

wow, what an insurmountable barrier to owning an NFA item

that's like 20 minutes out of your life that you'll never get back again.

WHY ARE YOU GUYS ALWAYS SO PESSIMISTIC AND DRAMATIC ABOUT STUFF?

EVERYDAY IS DOOMSDAY ON ARF GD
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't understand 41F.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you handy with tools? Do you have access to drill press and a socket set? Perhaps even a drill and a steady hand? Did you know that Home Depot often has displays where you can give cordless drills a test run? Consider the $100 308 Suppressor. Seriously, a simple maglite sized steel tube with a 1/2x28 threaded end cap, a through drilled end cap, engraving (your atf form 4 info) and baffles formed from freeze plugs will rock your ar world.

I refuse to be held responsible for any members who go bankrupt filing tax stamps

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This entire NFA shit needs to go away.

I just had to pay $200 and wait who knows how long to get my Turkish Zenith MP5 knock off SBR'ed. It was a minute to have the pin pulled, stock put on, pin put in. Bam my pistol was turned  into an SBR, now I must wait.

Here in WA our SBR stuff got messed up so I cannot "manufacture" my own SBR.  A class 7? guy did that and it cost me $125 for him to do it, but he has to do a bunch of paperwork.
View Quote

With Scalia gone and a democrat appointee in his place pretty likely, that is unfortunately getting more and more remote by the day
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Whatever happens, Form 3's need to return to EFORMS and be instantaneous.  That will save everyone time.

It is mind blowing,however, that they can almost intentionally cause delays and not feel any repercussions. It makes my head hurt.

This whole NFA business should be an OTC deal. Especially suppressors.

DO NOT give up on owning NFA. Buy more. Otherwise they win.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm so confused.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a really shitty attitude. I never bought m855 or 7n6 ammo but is sure as hell gave a shit and contacted my reps. We won on m855 and lost on 7n6. If we all adopted your attitude we would be in the same boat as Australia is in.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#36]
All of this 41f nonsense could be dealt with so easily if they just did e-NICS checks on each member of the trust.  Boom, problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't understand all the changes to be honest.  I just thought if you had a trust then you have to send in fingerprint cards after July for all the people on it.  Now the e-forms is going....?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't understand all the changes to be honest.  I just thought if you had a trust then you have to send in fingerprint cards after July for all the people on it.  Now the e-forms is going....?
View Quote

No way to upload fingerprints and photos at the moment...
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#39]
The thing that pisses me off is that once again Republicans control both houses of Congress and literally nothing will be done to stop the Obama administration.  They wonder why people like Trump are so popular.  It boggles my mind how the GOPe claims they fight for us yet every time they assume their position as controlled opposition and roll over.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I like the way they are ignoring the 2-yr clearance stated in the reg. Someone at ATF is over-reaching.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#41]
eForms is being replaced eventually.  They'll probably include ability to accept digital fingerprints in the replacement.  Of course it will be glitchy as hell and won't work 75% of the time, but the option will likely be there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#42]
The Hail Mary that is the Hearing Protection Act gives me some hope. I honestly wish the republicans would attach that to some other huge necessary bill just as a big fuck you to the gov. But they won't.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why couldn't they be scanned and uploaded? Just like the trust?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Doesn't understand 41F.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't understand 41F.

You're right. Why is that so surprising? I live in fucking NJ and am barely aloud to own firearms let alone NFA stuff. I don't even understand the eForm because I'm not allowed to own any NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have to be original/quality so they can be run against criminal databases. Because we are potential criminals us NFA buyers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt they'd accept a scanned copy.  But there's no reason you couldn't upload digital fingerprints.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
eForm 4 has been gone for some time, and now no more eForm 1's after 41F goes into effect (7/13/16). None. We're back to paper from here on out.

ATF changed their mind on the 24 month prior approval certification section of 41F, even though it is going into the Code of Federal Regulations that way, and will be requiring fingerprints and photographs for every form 1 or form 4 submission. You can't submit a FD-258 Fingerprint card through eForms...

It was fun while it lasted.

eForm 1 - 8/1/13 - 7/13/16

SilencerShop's Explanation
Prince Law Explanation
From the folks at NFATCA, may fuck be upon them, top of page 4
View Quote

Yes, fuck NFATCA and that bootlicking, creeper Jeff Folloder.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#48]
In before "will not comply" and "club fed" comments?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Ccw already has fingerprints on file

Why can't they just have a ccw ID for those that have it

Fbho
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They have to be original/quality so they can be run against criminal databases. Because we are potential criminals us NFA buyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because criminals love to do paperwork and create a trail leading directly to them.  They act as if they can't prosecute a criminal with NFA item if they have a trust.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top