Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2003 4:54:59 PM EDT
If we had the kangaroo as a wild animal here in America, would you shoot them just for the heck of it?
I sure would! There is just something about them that really makes me "highly dislike" them with all my hart. I would murdeliz em! Obnoxious looking things. They are almost enough to get me on a plain to Australia to go shoot them. Then I would go to Africa & shoot hordes of red butted baboons.I also seem to hate buzzard, & vultures. I have thought lately that I would like to find some place here in Texas where I could shoot some vultures for the fun of it. Do you feel like this about any particular animals?

Added: I would also shoot hyenas,&
what about this shooting animals like crows, prarie dogs, ect just to shoot them

Added: for those who said they would only kill for food, or to protect something, would you shoot an animale bassed on being a trophy?
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Roo is very tasty... You should try it sometime.

The only animals I hate are the damn Cndn. Geese.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I alread did at McDonalds a long time ago! They make great dbl cheesburgers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope.

No way.

I grew up with [b]Winnie the Poo[/b] and [b]Roo[/b] was a friend of mine.

He's still a friend to my Grandchildren!

Now, if it was necessary to [u]feed[/u] those Grandchildren, well, 'Goodbye, 'Roo'!

Eric The(BackToTheDaysOfChristopherRobin)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
yes,

some people hunt for food
some for fun
some to keep the environment in balance.

some for all of the above with most people it's all a question of percentages.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Hop, Hop, Hop, [b]BOOM![/b]

[sniper2]  ;)

- Matt
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell yeah I'd shoot them!
Those tail balancing bastards really piss me off!

I would love to do a double shot with my coachgun at point blank range at one.

Or maybe blow it's head off with my DE.

I've shot a vulture before.
Those things piss me off too.

I've shot cats too.

But most of all, I HATE SQUIRRELS!!!

I shoot those poofy tailed bastards every chance I get!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Would I shoot them just for the heck of it? Of course not! Why would I just randomly kill things? sounds like you need anger management class. I don't kill anything without a good reason, Roos have a right to live too (If its him or me though, he's a goner). Have some respect for Gods creatures.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey! They should have more respect for me by not pissing me off so much!
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#12]
With the exception of nuisance pests, (squirrels getting in my garden etc...) if I don't eat it, I wont shoot it.  Personally I see a roo as a deer with stubby front legs, so I would eat it.  And, after seeing the movie Kangaroo Jack, I would most definitely shoot the sucker.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd kill them to eat. I remember watching a show about different foods in Australia a few years back. The host walked down the boardwalk in Sydney and there were several stands that sold Roo burgers. I bet they're pretty tasty[:P]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Blasting buzzards and vultures will get you some time as Bubba's girlfriend in the Federal Big House.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Chill out Sumo2000, I haven't killed any kangaroos. I'm just saying given the chance I would. I don't have an anger problem. I just don't understand why some animals make me desire to kill them just cause. Haven't you ever felt that way about anything before, but not known why. I just do, & I don't need to justify my self to you. God gave animals to man to be in charge of. If I want to kill my share, well then, that's my business, & I will answer to him if I did wrong with my share. A renewable product by the by.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I hit a full grown bull moose in 1997.  I rammed him broadside going 65mph and spent 2 days in critical and 10 more days in intensive care before I could see again.

I hate moose.  I want to kill them all.  I apply for a moose permit every year and I won't stop until I liberate the state of Maine from these numb beasts.

I'm Hokie, the Moose Killer.  2 down so far.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Kangaroo? no.

Now a dingo on the other hand... tried to eat my baby.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I suppose you are a Vegan and wear cloth shoes though, right?
View Quote

So If I don't endorse random senseless killing I'm a vegan hippy? Not quite. I have no problem at all with killing for a purpose (food, clothes, protection, etc.) I just don't see the sense in running around blasting like a kid with a BB gun. I wear leather & I eat meat, I got no problem with furs and I thing PETA is a big pile of dipshits. I don't understand your either/or arguement, I'm allowed to be a conservative/gun owner/Christian/etc without liking wholesale slaughter for no purpose. Hippies piss me off on sight, I'm not gonna kill them though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Chill out Sumo2000, I haven't killed any kangaroos. I'm just saying given the chance I would. I don't have an anger problem. I just don't understand why some animals make me desire to kill them just cause. Haven't you ever felt that way about anything before, but not known why. I just do, & I don't need to justify my self to you. God gave animals to man to be in charge of. If I want to kill my share, well then, that's my business, & I will answer to him if I did wrong with my share. A renewable product by the by.
View Quote

I meant no personal offense, perhaps I phased my reply poorly, my apologies. I did not, however, ask you to justify yourself to me. you posted and asked our opinions, don't get mad when I actually answer your question.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]
10 years ago, definitly. I dont get much thrill from killing stuff anymore. Maybe people though. Now if they did stuff like peel the window moulding of my car, thats differnt.
GG
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#24]
If it's good eatin it's good killin.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I would rather be in australia to shoot the alien rabbit infestation. Those bunnys have no real natural predators in AUS, and thus are a major problem.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I hit a full grown bull moose in 1997.  I rammed him broadside going 65mph and spent 2 days in critical and 10 more days in intensive care before I could see again.
View Quote

Cripes! Yer lucky to b alive!! What were ya driving? A deuce and a half??

I hate moose.  I want to kill them all.  I apply for a moose permit every year and I won't stop until I liberate the state of Maine from these numb beasts.

View Quote

Including the one that tried to kill you?? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Once again your opinion and a very misguided one. The way I hunt and the others that I hunt with is safety first, the best shot might be the one you don't take.

Have you ever hunted?
View Quote

Nope, not that I have anything against hunting at all, I've just never done it.

How is it more or less respectful if I slaugter a cow for you wear and eat?
View Quote

That was the whole point of the thread, it wasn't "Is it ok to hunt Roos for food & clothes" it was "Would you shoot them just for the heck of it", and no, I wouldn't shoot the for no reason. You are aguing by stating animal conservation, food, etc. Those are all REASONS, and none of those were mentioned in the original post, it was actually about killing for no reason other than being pissed of, which to me is not a good reson to kill.

Please understand, I'm not against killing for a purpose, but the question was literally asking if I would kill for no purpose, not to control the population, not to eat, not anything, just because of being pissed. To me that is a bad justification. I'm not judging anyone, I don't hate SearcherforTruth or anything, I'm just stating my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#28]
O.K. Sumo200, let me rephrase it, as I see your point. There is just something about Roos that calls to me "shoot me, shoot me". I don't hate them, I just for some reason dislike them enough to shoot them like rats at a city dump. Not necessarily for food, or clothing. Maybe the same reason some shoot prairie dogs till their barrels melt from the traffic, which doesn't bother me a bit. I would do that to , just for the novelty/fun of it. There are just some animals that cause me, to be exceedingly willing to pop them. I forgot about hyenas in my 1st post. I would shoot everyone I had a good shot at if I could. Don't know exactly why, I just would.
Killing is my business, & business is good![:D]

Oh by the by, my reason would be because I felt it was the right thing to do, & no I'm not a sick in the head person. I too am a Christian, been a youth pastor for 5 years in a non-denominational church. I love God, my family, my country, my fellow human being, & what God has done for me through Jesus's sacrifice.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
O.K. Sumo200, let me rephrase it, as I see your point. There is just something about Roos that calls to me "shoot me, shoot me". I don't hate them, I just for some reason dislike them enough to shoot them like rats at a city dump. Not necessarily for food, or clothing. Maybe the same reason some shoot prairie dogs till their barrels melt from the traffic, which doesn't bother me a bit. I would do that to , just for the novelty/fun of it. There are just some animals that cause me, to be exceedingly willing to pop them. I forgot about hyenas in my 1st post. I would shoot everyone I had a good shot at if I could. Don't know exactly why, I just would.
Killing is my business, & business is good![:D]
View Quote

Ok, I got what your saying. I wouldn't do it, but if you enjoy varminting, then more power too you. My stance isn't out of some great attraction to roos or anything, just a personal view. Don't let that stop you though![:D]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you feel like this about any particular animals?
View Quote

Yeah, but I think it's still considered a crime to shoot the Lesser Yellow-Bellied Liberal Gun-Grabbing Hypocrite.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Nah, coyotes and groundhogs are the only animals I'll shoot for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]
if it was legal and they were considered pests. yeah.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#33]
You know what pisses me off?? SearchforTruth wants to hunt Kangaroos and most of you are all like "cool" because he just doesnt like them.

BUT FUCKIN "A" GUYS!! I am offended by the California Condor, Spotted Owl and especially those whiny ass baby seals that probably keep eskimos up at night, that you just want to take out and EVERYONE GETS ALL UP IN A TIZZY ABOUT IF YOU CLUB 'EM.

GEEZ!!!

j/k [;)]

Edited to add a [;)] because some of you make take me seriously.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
...There is just something about Roos that calls to me "shoot me, shoot me". I don't hate them, I just for some reason dislike them enough to shoot them like rats at a city dump. ...
View Quote

IBTL.  This is a clone topic regarding pet peeves. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes.

The only animal I can think of, that I wouldnt shoot, is a mountain lion. Too many pet cats as a kid i guess? Yet I have no problem shooting feral dogs and have dogs as pets too. Weird...

Groundhogs are my favorite furry target though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Shoot an unarmed Kangaroo?

I would first challenge it to a boxing match.  [8D]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm gunna go with Cyrax on this one. Same idea goes for me

My cousin hit a moose up in maine a few years ago on Route 1 in Presque Isle. Lucky to be alive cuz he hit it with an S-10. My uncle found it close by in the woods the next day, still alive, but with two broken legs. He put it out and called the police. He was USBP at the time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Absolutely not, that is insane to just shoot something for [b]Shits and Giggles[/b], people who does this shit only makes it harder on the Gun Owners.
Thank about it just for a minute, if some dumbass is out just shooting an animal for no reason the Animal Rights Activist is going to be that much more against the shooting of the animals thus being against Firearms.
I have meet several Animal Rights Activist that are 100% for owning firearms, but not for using them the wrong way.
If those people are turned to anti-gun, then everyone just lost more support for the Second Amendment.

[b]Let's re-cap Shooting Animals for Shits and Giggles.[/b]

1. Very stupid and insane.

2. Shows inability to handle a Firearm, thus making the anti-gunners want to take them that much more.

3. There is no Sportsmanship in just shooting something for Shits and Giggles.

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#39]
 Looks like I found someone to go to Africa with....Search_for_Truth, if a ya ever wanna go blast babboons....call me...I HATE MONKEYS and would gladly make them extinct...NOT apes mind you just MONKEYS!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Fellas! This whole Kangaroo issue is dividing us...That pisses me off! Damn you stinkin' Kangaroos!!! WHY! Now let's all just band together and kick some Kangaroo Butt! Maynard lead the way!
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#42]
If I can offer a little local knowledge to this discussion,

roo's are considered pests by the farming community however you require a tag to place on the tail if you shoot one. That said, they get shot regularly in all areas as a game animal and pest because the .GOV folks can't be everywhere can they?

Roo's can congregate in plague proportions, I have seen mobs of over 100 where I go shooting on my uncles property. Farming and land clearing has allowed them to breed out of control because if times are good they will have a joey at foot, one in the pouch and another on the teat in the pouch. They can stop the breeding if times are bad instinctively. They have adapted well to modern man.

Rabbits are kept in control by Mixomotosis and calici virus as well as foxes( which kill native species) and feral dogs. Purebred Dingoes are rare on East coast due to inter breeding with the dog, most are crossbred and shot on sight.

Roo's are one of the few native species not endangered and emu's are doing just as well.
Natives such as koalas and quolls(native cat) are not shot except by idiots. Feral cats are regularly exploded with 22/250's anytime you see them.

To those who would like to box a Roo, not a real good idea. They have claws on the hind feet that can disembowel you in an instant when they sit back on thier tail and lash out. Not a pretty sight.

All the best to everyone from down under.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#43]
plumo,
You need to come over here and explain to my gubmint that they are pests and I ought to be able to wear boots made out of them.

Beware of Roos.  Some of them shoot back.
[image]http://www.mcicet.com/pics/MovieStills/Crumptes.jpg[/image]

Ice-T at his finest.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 3:54:18 AM EDT
[#44]
I saw on nature last night, that 2,000,000 red roos are harvested every year in Australia! I wonder how many deer are harvested in all of the USA every year? any one,...any one,...any one? Bhuler. I guess my dislike for them stems from the fact that they are big rats, just 1 more varmint, & I have seen them attack people for no apparent reason.
nwatson99,
1)Saying it's stupid, & insane is your stupid, & insane view.[:D]
2)It doesn't show an inability to handle a firearm, & it doesn't make any difference to the anti's, make no mistake they will take your guns simply because they want to, their reasons" include all things, like shooting paper, & hunting. They have an irrational fear of guns. Me shooting a few roos is not going to make them want them even more. Now that's stupid, & crazy thinking.
3)I didn't say I was going to shoot them just for fun. I'm so glad moral people like you are around to sit in judgment over all us unworthy gun owners. Please teach all us guys who shoot prairie dogs, woodchucks, crows, rats, & other assorted vermin how to be a real sportsman like you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Is that Skippy?! I used to watch that when I was a kid.[:D] Is he still around? Really. Where?
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:15:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I would rather shoot useless varmit humans, they do more damage and cost more money to society. That and most of them vote liberal. Compared to them Roos are highly evolved and great contributors to society.

If I could get away with it I would leave a trail of corpes.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Be careful what you target...in TX, only the feral pidgeon, English Sparrow and the European Starling may be shot out of season.  Vultures are heavily protected.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn!  I've hit several deer in my time....I imagine he came right through your windshield?
You're lucky to be hating them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Am I not the only one who hates seagulls?

They are annoying, the larger black back eat baby ducks like there's no tommorrow, they crap on you and your boat and they destroy puffin colonies and there are a LOT of them. And I think they are still protected for some reason.

That and I hate seals. They cost us a ton of money. Shooting an animal for no reason except entertainment sucks IMO. You need some form of reason for it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top