Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2001 5:16:48 PM EDT
I just picked up my new DSA STG58A with a type 2 receiver from my FFL. Wow what a nice rifle.  Great fit and finish. Looks brand new! Couldn't tell it was built from a kit.  The only thing is the parkerizing seems a little thin but even. Definitely worth the money and no worries that it will not run.  Came in a hard case, manual, Warr.card. I'll post a pic later.  Off to the range.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky Devil!!!

Still waiting for mine. Hopefully next week according to my FFL. [:(][:(][:(][:(]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Riddler, did you order it yourself or did your FFL?  I sent the check in Thursday and my FFL sent his FFL in the same day.  The rifle arrived yesterday.  DSA people were real nice and said a cashiers check would get the fastest response.  Best mail order service or gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked my FFL to buy it for me. I figured that with all the free transfers that he does for me, he deserves to make a little profit off me this time.

Is it because I ordered the carbine rather than the 21"?? They did say that they have the 21" in stock.

Let me know how it shoots.

Take it easy.

riddler
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Paul,

Thanks for the advise!

I would probably use black tape like I do with the AR15. It is very easily replaced.

riddler
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Also make sure you follow the directions for adjusting the gas, especially if you bought a carbine. DSA test fire all of their rifles, but I believe they use Black Hills ammo to do so. I Generally use mil surplus .308, so I needed to close the gas port a little more to get it to cylce properly with some ammo. It usually takes a few hundreed rounds for these to work their best. Remeber all of the parts that come in contact need to have the fresh Park worn in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A tip for both of you before you go shooting - take a bit of velcro or black electrical tape and put a strip below and behind the ejection port. The FAL kicks the brass off of this area leaving those unslighly golden brass marks there. The tape saves the struggle of cleaning that area. I went with the fuzzy velcro.

Happy shooting!
View Quote

Good advice.  I hate how the ejected brass marrs my FAL.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine (DSA STG58A) is at mt FFL. WOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I go to pick it up tonite.

Will report back later.

WOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
This the first rifle in a long time since my first AR15 that I have enjoyed this much playing with.  The quality is just excellent. I just got done cleaning it.  Great shooter, less recoil than my HK91. Can't really give group size yet.  I was checking for function and sighting my Trilux.  Hope you have fun Riddler!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top