Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2001 4:44:31 PM EDT
i am looking for emails to show the people in positions of power (especially elected) what i want them to do, and i suggest that you all do the same.
when the ban sunsets who do you think is going to win us or them? them - unless we start getting as vocal as them,(preferably moreso) i am going to email every polatition i get an email to every day until the sunset, showing how i feel about the laws.

who is with me on this champain. lets get an email list going. and show them that we are a force to be reconed with.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you. I'll see if I can find a mailing list I once saw for every member of congress and the senate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm with you. I'll see if I can find a mailing list I once saw for every member of congress and the senate.
View Quote

trying to accumulate same but the nra board isnt very co-operative with this. i did get this.
[email protected]
i think we should also include the media pricks too.
i think it should be a form letter. going to all of them, from all of us. (but one at a time)
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i have an email that lists contact information.  i'll try and dig it up and see if it will help.....be right back......

Contact President Bush -- [url][/url]  
White House switchboard: (202) 456-1414
Contact your Senator --
[url]http://www.senate.gov/senators/senator_by_state.cfm[/url]
Contact your Representative --
[url]http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.html[/url]
House and Senate switchboard: (202) 224-3121
Links to Central Government Agencies -- [url]http://www.firstgov.gov/[/url]

there ya go, i think that should do it!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
come on guys, do you want to win this war or not?

lets get some email addresses here. I CANT DO THIS ALONE...

this is all i have so far

[email protected]
[email protected]  

lets get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, I'm with you.
But, here is the bad news. I written a lot of Politicraps, and from what I've been told, E-mail isn't very effective.  Most get so much spam that they don't even read it all.  A phnoe call or postage stamp gets more attention.  That having been said, I have gotten written replies from most Georgia Reps and Senators from Email.
Let's post some form letters and an E-mail list and I'm in.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
submitted for yore approval.

Dear Sir/Madam
    I am a citisen of a once great country, yes I mean the USA. I feel that due to the wave of irresponsable laws in this country the quality of life has been severely compromised.

I ask that you not support the wave of laws that restrict basic freedoms as outlined in the Constitution, primarily including (but not limited to) the gun control laws, such as those that ban or restrict the ownership, sale, posession, and manufacture of firearms of all kinds and the magazines parts and ammunition therto.

I also ask that you support the people of this country that value freedom, by allowing the Assault Weapons Ban (belovedly known in the gun owning world as the "klinton act") to expire without being replaced or continued, as this is surely something that has not deterre crime of any sort. Most of the current forearms laws on the books do nothing to curb crime, only make firearms owners look like the bad guy.

Firearms owners have stopped more crimes by there mere presence, than all of the police in this country. This is because the Citizen is pro-active and police are more re-active. Simply put the police cannot prevent crime, only catch the bad guys after the crime has taken place.

As i am sure you are aware it was the firearms owners of this country that prevented russia from starting a land war durring the "cold war". They surely could have used our resourses, but our guns made the cost too high for them.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no responsability to protect the individual. So what does that mean? It means that the citizen has to protect himself. If a criminal were to break into my home I would be powerless to stop him before he 1)killed me or a family member 2) raped my wife or daughter or at the very least did great harm to myself or family. This example of corse being that I had no firearm with witch to protect myself.

Remember he is a Criminal, and therfore has no concern for gun laws, meaning he would likely be armed whareas I would be completely unarmed by following many of the laws in this country.

In conclusion, the passage of more laws would lead to only more crime. I will not relinquish my right to self defense. I will not ever register, or turn in my firearms of any kind. This would make me a criminal for following the word of the constitution. And there are many others like me.

Allow me to subtly indicate that these laws are unconstitutional, And while I am only reading the times, if appropriate action is not taken, there will likely be a war, either a civil war, as directed by our forefathers, or an international war, as we look like a weaker target (both internally and militarily) to our would be enemies.

thank you for reading this letter

(insert name here)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top