Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2003 3:42:14 PM EDT
Can somebody send me a link to the A.R.M.S web site? I attempted to attach my 22M68 to my new aimpoint, and the screw holes all stripped! Im a little pissed about it. Youd think a mount that costs almost $100.00 wouldn't have that problem. I've had cheap scope mounts that don't do that. Anybody know if they'll fix it for free?
thanks
Brian
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Question #1. Are you positive it is a genuine ARMS mount?

There are a LOT of knockoffs (made for airsoft guns) being sold lately as the real deal for really low prices.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS Mounts rock!

Their products kick butt, and their customer service is even better.  I broke the self tensioning screw (the one that mounts on the front of the carrying handle) on my goosneck mount by overtightening it with a pair of pliers.  Called to buy a replacement.  The lady sent me the part, and wouldn't even let me pay for shipping.

I find it very rare now a days that a company with products in as high as demand as theirs still values their customers.  Other companies with backlogs often treat their customers like crap.  ARMS will take care of you.

Link Posted: 4/23/2003 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
First off, yes I am positive its an ARMS mount, I don't this the knock offs could copy the same markings. And second, Im glad to hear that about their customer service. I just can't tell you what was going through my head at the time this happend. Thanks for the info everyone.
                    [heavy]
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Give 'em a call, they will help you.  They support their products well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
First off, yes I am positive its an ARMS mount, I don't this the knock offs could copy the same markings.
View Quote

You're kidding, right?  I've seen all kinds of ARMS knock-offs, all cheap cast copies that are marked exactly the same way.  One obvious difference is that there are no guards to protect the rail from the cams on the throw levers.

I just find it very, very hard to believe that you could strip out the screws on a real ARMS mount.  I've torqued mine to about 45 inch/lbs with no problem.

-Troy
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
First off, yes I am positive its an ARMS mount, I don't this the knock offs could copy the same markings.
View Quote

You're kidding, right?  I've seen all kinds of ARMS knock-offs, all cheap cast copies that are marked exactly the same way.  One obvious difference is that there are no guards to protect the rail from the cams on the throw levers.

I just find it very, very hard to believe that you could strip out the screws on a real ARMS mount.  I've torqued mine to about 45 inch/lbs with no problem.

-Troy
View Quote

You mean my $75.00 watch is fake? It says "Rolex" right on it. It has a crown and everything. [:D]

That is pretty much exactly as I suspected as soon as he said it broke.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Although I had some delays with ARMS, their response to my complaint and their products were/are top-notch. No question about it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Same thing happened to my 22M68 a few months ago, but only one screw.

I was checking to see if the screws loosened up after a training day that I used the mount/sight for the first time.

I sent it back, they replaced it after a few months, and I put the Aimpoint back on it very carefully.

No problems so far.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I found a very detailed picture of one on the internet, and I can't tell the difference at all. But its just the top veiw. You say  "one obvious difference is that there are no guards to protect the rail from the cams on the throw levers". Im not real clear on that. Is that something on the bottom I couldn't see in a pic?
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Same thing happened  to me. It was like the screws where to short and barely engaging the lower half of the rings. When I backed them out, these curly metal spring shaped  objects came out  with the screws. I called arms and he suggested using loger screws from the hardware store, which worked for a while. Until My new aimpoint came in and wanted to switch optics around. This time you could actually pull the screws out. Note: I absolutlly did not overtighten. Still got to get around to calling them back
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats exactly what mine did. Im mailing it to them tomorrow. And Im gonna be really pissed if they don't send it back ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's another voice telling the same story. Screws stripped and not even torqued to spec. Sounds like a quality problem here...
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I had an ARMS handle top that I got from fulton that was less accurate then my $12 aimtech. Fulton took it back and sent another that fit correctly.

I knew there was a problem during my grand ammo tests when rounds that were sub MOA with the aimtech were over an inch with the ARMS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#16]
How dare you question ARMS quality blasphemers!  If there is any problem with it it could not possibly be ARMS. It must be an impostor.(lol)
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How dare you question ARMS quality blasphemers!  If there is any problem with it it could not possibly be ARMS. It must be an impostor.(lol)
View Quote

As a general rule ARMS are very high quality mounts.

It has been my personal experience from working in the firearms industry that the vast majority of problems with ARMS mounts are proven to be detailed but very substandard knockoffs.

As a reasonable person I, and a few others, address the most obvious first.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I had ONE hole strip in an ARMS 22M68.  I got it switched out from the dealer I bought it from.  Overall, the mount is a sound design in all ways.

Shit happens, its how fast and how well a company makes it right that impresses me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, this mount is from Sableco originally, so I seriously doubt its a fake. I spoke to a rep. at ARMS today, and he said they will ship out a new mount the same day they recieve the stripped one. So far I can't complain. Atleast theyre willing to address the problem. I do think they have quality control problems though, especially after reading other posts on here where many of you had the same problem. ARMS products are very expensive, and for the quality that is expected, i supose its worth it. But for what Ive seen here, Id have to say this is my last ARMS product.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, I got my ARMS mount back in less than a week from the day I mailed it. I've already mounted the aimpoint to it as well. I must say they have great customer service. I still just have a bad taste from them though. I just don't think I should have had anything go that wrong with a mount that was so expensive. I dunno, I guess theres just no pleasing me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Worse things happen.  Actually quality control in the gunmaking world is generally (CAI and Hesse aside) world's better than that found in the rest of the manufacturing world.

Most cars have significant quality issues ranging from bad interior trim to poorly installed parts.  Many newly built homes (especially those built on spec) have serious shortcuts taken in their construction ranging from siding installed directly over the sheathing without housewrap, to substandard framing lumber substituted for the specified grade, to walls that are installed out of square, plumb and level. Many basements I have seen have been improperly waterproofed below grade, either lacking foundation coating or not having had the form rods removed and sealed up. A house is a HUGE investment, and many have significant problems right out of the box. By contrast, the vast majority of guns, sights, mounts, etc. are 100% reliable, safe, and accurate from the factory.

That said, it sounds like ARMS may have had a problem with QC on a batch of 22m68's.  I need to check mine out now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top