User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2001 4:06:05 PM EDT
www.gunsforkids.com

lets pull a u2 on them.

[email protected]
[email protected]

these emails were pulled off of the thread "gunsforkids.com"
and put here to accomidate more exposure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
lets tell the guys from ak47.net too there good at this stuff.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Either the AK board is down or My puter is stupid again
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
i went to the u2 board whare they are hanging out now, and alerted them.

strange once i posted the msg there hasnt been any activity there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
e-mails sent. btt!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The Philly TV station I watch is doing a special on this website at 11PM tonight.  From the tone of their lead-in ad, I don't think they get that it's a joke.  Web screen shots & all.

Have to watch.

Norm
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone not think that was funny?  Then I think you need to lighten up.  Dark, twisted and some other words to describe it humor is some of the best, untapped humor the internet has to offer.  I think it is funny and everyone is way blowing this thing out of poportion.

NSF
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]www.gunsforkids.com[/url]

lets pull a u2 on them.

[email protected]
[email protected]

these emails were pulled off of the thread "gunsforkids.com"
and put here to accomidate more exposure.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Godamn, That's funny. Especially the news10 article on it. Wow, whata gullible media.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.nbc10.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=FutureTense/Apps/Xcelerate/Render&c=NBCArticle&cid=NBC5KREB0MC&preview=true[/url]

PHILADELPHIA - FEDERAL OFFICIALS are hot on the trail of the person or people responsible for starting web page targeting kids and your wallet. It’s a name you might not want your kids to know, but you’ll want to be aware of what’s out there and how they may be trying to get your money.

A few strokes on the keypad gets you to "gunsforkids.com." The name itself seemed a little too obvious, but there it was. They sell uzis, semi automatic pistols, and even flamethrowers supposedly on sale to kids.

Some selling points include such phrases as "climb up on top of a cafeteria table with a tank full of thick, stinking diesel fuel strapped to your back, and watch the reactions of classmates and teachers, and be immortalized in the Guns for Kids Hall of Fame."

“That’s just appalling, especially what’s going on in the schools with Columbine and everything,” said Marcia Schvom, from Wynnefield Heights.

Parents were amazed, but there's more. The web page reads, “Why spend another afternoon in detention when you've got a desert eagle... outstanding results on police cars and DMV workers."

“It’s terrible,” said Barbara Smith, from West Philadelphia. “It’s too easy. The Internet is too easy for kids to get on and buy guns."
View Quote

ROTFLMAO

They think this is for real??? I don't know what is funnier:  that the media thinks this is for real or the line about the diesel fuel. I guess I have a dark sense of humor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I noticed that their "M-styled grenade launcher" is attached to a Tippman paintball marker! HA!
[img]www.gunsforkids.com/images/glaunch.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
This site is most definately not funny. Whether or not it is a joke no longer matters because the media will protray it as the real thing, and as they tried to do in the linked article, they will make it seem common place. This will hurt us big time.

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
how come darwins theory doesnt affect media people. that is unbelievable that they're that stupid
edited because i didn't want to look stupid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top