Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 2:24:07 PM EDT
Read this one and post your thoughts on it...

The link... in case you want it
[url]http://www.sptimes.com/News/042101/TampaBay/Teacher_brings_gun_to.shtml[/url]

Tried to include the text here but it was too long and wouldn't take the post so you'll have to use the link...

What do you think?

[sniper]
The Sniper

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
My comments? Hmmmm...

The school was far safer with her and her gun than without her. Only a moron would make an issue of it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The sniper, you seem to be very interested with guns when related to schools. Any particular reason, personal experience? Or anything you care to share?

I also agree with critter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Totally wrong thinking.
Our Narcs carried guns when I was in high school in the 80's.
Imagine if she had used to gun to pevent a massacre. They probably still would have arrested her.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I am all for it. I just wish that more people were allowed to do it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The sniper, you seem to be very interested with guns when related to schools. Any particular reason, personal experience? Or anything you care to share?

I also agree with critter.
View Quote

Very insightful of you to notice a common thread among my posts...

Let me just say for now that I do have a very vested interest in this subject matter.  I could be a school superintendent, a principal or other administrator, a teacher, an SRO (school resource officer) an unarmed security officer, a custodian, a secretary or other staff member in an American school, or a very concerned parent.

Bottom line is whether we admit it or not, America's schools are extremely vulnerable and the children in America's schools are sitting ducks.  I am way past sick and tired of seeing innocent kids gunned down in their schools by coward after coward and then seeing this kind of action taken against someone who dares to care enough to risk a great deal to provide protection that adult cowards aren't willing to provide.

Where are the leaders in the great nation that will step up to the plate and take the necessary swings to make it happen - no excuses - just action toward putting a stop to it.

Again - in Israel quite a few years ago - wiser minds took action and trained and armed teachers and administrators and it has not occured since - NOT ONCE!  I want to see it stop here in America - whatever it takes!

[sniper]
The Sniper  
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It was stupid of her to have it sticking out of her back pocket.  How many of you who carry have the butt of your pistol sticking up out of your back pocket, especially in a situation where you're not technically allowed to have it?  I sure as heck don't.  She violated the law, in a rather stupid fashion I might add, and got nailed. That being said, the reaction of the school and the law in question is completely nuts. I hope they don't try to make an example out of her. I'd feel a hell of a lot safer if my kid was at that school knowing teachers are trained and armed.  I'm going to home school my kids if at all possible.  My God what a screwed up mess America is becomming...

The view from my tower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top