Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 236
Posted: 1/7/2016 10:45:25 PM EDT
We finally got the start date for S6 so I figured it's time for the official thread.

Season 6 starts April 24th at it's usual 9:00 start time.

THREAD SPOILER POLICY: no spoilers for anything not aired outside of spoiler tags! Anything in previews, previous seasons, and aired episodes is good. Anything from the books that has not yet happened in the show must be in spoiler tags.

And if you need something to tide you over until April 24th maybe this will help.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_142/1468098_Sexy_Women_of__Game_of_Thrones_.html

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Winter is coming
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You know nothing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
tagging every fucking chicken in this thread
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]
In on one, in the name of the one true king, Jon Targaryan.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Team Drogon checking in.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm torn.    Anyone considering not watching the show until you've read the next book?

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Winter is coming
View Quote

indeed

the dead guys are going to breach the wall.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm torn.    Anyone considering not watching the show until you've read the next book?
View Quote

Yes.  I am hoping we at least get a release date for Winds before S6 airs so I can make an informed decision.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Non book reader here, still seems weird that they're moving forward with the show ahead of the next book release. But I can't wait!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.  I am hoping we get a release date for Winds before S6 airs.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I am hoping we get a release date for Winds before S6 airs.  

Sorry to be the bearing of bad news, but....

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-winds-of-winter-wont-be-done-in-time-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes.  I am hoping we at least get a release date for Winds before S6 airs so I can make an informed decision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!  Last interview GRRM gave he said he was still months away from being done with WoW.  I will watch S6 now and read the book later.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Time for some payback.

The Stark's need some revenge
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could've sworn GRRM said the other day that he's several months away from finishing Winds of Winter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Could've sworn GRRM said the other day that he's several months away from finishing Winds of Winter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HBO has access to his notes/galley proofs/drafts.

Their investment in this donkey show means he doesn't have the right to stall them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Woot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The boy is dead.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Winter has arrived in Wisconsin.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We finally got the start date for S6 so I figured it's time for the official thread.

Season 6 starts April 24th at it's usually 9:00 start time.

THREAD SPOILER POLICY: no spoilers for anything not aired outside of spoiler tags! Anything in previews, previous seasons, and aired episodes is good. Anything from the books that has not yet happened in the show must be in spoiler tags.
And if you need something to tide you over until April 24th maybe this will help.

View Quote
You just had to be the guy to start this thread huh?  As I seem to recall you telling some other member here about a week or two ago "nah, it's too early for an official season 6 thread"

Also I'm still pulling for Tyrion/general Stark retribution of some kind.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You just had to be the guy to start this thread huh?  As I seem to recall you telling some other member here about a week or two ago "nah, it's too early for an official season 6 thread"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Season 6 starts April 24th at it's usually 9:00 start time.

That was about a month ago with the reasoning being we hadn't gotten the start date (which is when these threads usually go up) yet.  A month later, we have the start date.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Frozen Popsicle?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That book is either never coming out or won't be out for another 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
95 pages before the season actually starts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Frozen Popsicle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Frozen Popsicle?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Frozen Popsicle?

Click To View Spoiler

Is that confirmed?

I mean it makes sense, but it's just the prevailing fan theory at this point.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#30]
in!!! thanks for the start HK!!!!

let's see that zombie mountain kill for that rotten incest whore!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:56:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not even for a second, I'm familiar with Martin missing deadlines and dragging "almost ready" books out since Storm of Swords became a "here's half the book I'm writing, seriously I'm writing, tons, part 2 of this will be out real soon, I promise, really" project. So I'm watching it no matter what.

I also am looking forward to Brandon Sanderson wrapping the book series up eventually too.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

No freakin' way.

I just finished reading the books a couple of weeks ago.  I'm just about ready to start re-watching the shows.  Not sure if I should just blaze away, or try to time it so I finish S5 right when S6 starts up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:56:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think I'm required to say it in every GOT thread, but isn't this a bit early?
View Quote

it's an arfcom tradition
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:20:20 AM EDT
[#35]
[Edited until I figure out how to put spoiler tags in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think I'm required to say it in every GOT thread, but isn't this a bit early?
View Quote

Doesn't seem to be working.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope.  I'm done with the books.  Been reading them since 1996, but I'm not reading the next one if it ever comes out.  The last book in the series will never come out either.

The show will end the series for me.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#38]
in for the tits
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#40]
I was in Belfast last week and the tour guide mentioned that they have been seeing Jon Snow (Kit Harington) on the studio lot where they film. Draw your own conclusion...
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Frozen Popsicle?

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Little people have huge penises.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Time for some payback.

The Stark's need some revenge
View Quote

Been saying this since that faggot Jofrey offed Ned....

I hope Sansa and her sister lay waste to Westeros, and fuck up Middle Earth a bit, too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#44]
In.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#45]
It looks like we're going to get at least a 7th and 8th season.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/07/game-thrones-season-7-8

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was in Belfast last week and the tour guide mentioned that they have been seeing Jon Snow (Kit Harington) on the studio lot where they film. Draw your own conclusion...
View Quote

Unpossible!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#47]
In on one?

The Lannister's won't be able to pay all of their debts, and the collection process is not going to be pretty.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#48]
IN ON 1 MY BODY IS READY!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#49]
"The Wall" should last all of about five minutes once the White Walkers decide to take it. Heck, Mance's undisciplined mob of tribesman nearly took it and now with Stannis's army decimated and the Watch probably fighting the Free Folk/ Wildlings as soon as they stabbed Jon Snow in the back my guess is that there will not be many Brothers of the Nights Watch idiots left to defend The Wall.  The White Walkers just might be able to push up the gate and waltz right through.  I know folks say that The Wall is protected by magic, but I doubt the White Walkers would be making their move without some ace up their sleeve to overcome that little issue.

The Boltons are the only ones with any sizeable force in the North that is at least organized. If the Vale comes up that would be good, but not good if the Vale ends up fighting the Boltons and destroying each other before the White Walkers even show up.  Heck, the Seven Kingdoms is doing all the work for the White Walkers.

I think Danny's vision of the crumbled Red Keep with falling snow is going to prove to be true.  I think the White Walkers are going to go all the way down to Kings Landing before she shows up with her Dragons. Next season should basically be total slaughter. Nights Watch and Wildlings fighting, Boltons and Vale fighting, White Walkers fighting everyone.  Should be the most action packed season yet.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
"The Wall" should last all of about five minutes once the White Walkers decide to take it. Heck, Mance's undisciplined mob of tribesman nearly took it and now with Stannis's army decimated and the Watch probably fighting the Free Folk/ Wildlings as soon as they stabbed Jon Snow in the back my guess is that there will not be many Brothers of the Nights Watch idiots left to defend The Wall.  The White Walkers just might be able to push up the gate and waltz right through.  I know folks say that The Wall is protected by magic, but I doubt the White Walkers would be making their move without some ace up their sleeve to overcome that little issue.

The Boltons are the only ones with any sizeable force in the North that is at least organized. If the Vale comes up that would be good, but not good if the Vale ends up fighting the Boltons and destroying each other before the White Walkers even show up.  Heck, the Seven Kingdoms is doing all the work for the White Walkers.

I think Danny's vision of the crumbled Red Keep with falling snow is going to prove to be true.  I think the White Walkers are going to go all the way down to Kings Landing before she shows up with her Dragons. Next season should basically be total slaughter. Nights Watch and Wildlings fighting, Boltons and Vale fighting, White Walkers fighting everyone.  Should be the most action packed season yet.

View Quote

Winter is Coming.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top