Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2003 10:36:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to your local farm supply and get a burn down herbicide.  Spray it and 2 weeks later you seed your grass or lay your sod.  These herbicides are designed to kill everything, yet not remain or leave a residue.  Remember, these are made for growing food, so the toxicity must go away.  (UV wears it out)  The only thing is that for several days, you don't want your kids or critters out in it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I used an e\herbicide called Eraser. It is absorbed by the organic matter but goes inert when it it hits dirt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I used an e\herbicide called Eraser. It is absorbed by the organic matter but goes inert when it it hits dirt.
View Quote
Sounds like round up, when round up hits the dirt it is made uneffective.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW if you can find a feed store nearby, buy all of your lawn and garden stuff from them. I have learned that the feed store employees actually know what they are talking about unlike the people at Lowe's, HD, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
RoundUp, Crossbow, and Diesel - Never have to mow again [;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in the same boat. I am going to rent a roto-tiller thingamawatchit and just turn it all over, put down 3 or 4 inches of top soil, then seed it.

I have been applying weed killer already, so I have splotchy grass back there, but few real weeds.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Calling Dr. Yardman.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top