Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 12:42:53 PM EDT
Hey,
I heard that there was going to be a civilian version of the Tavor to be had soon, I was wondering if anyonee had any info on if there was going to be a civilian version of the new FN F-2000 or the new singapore (sp?) SAR21?
I really hope there will be, the FN F-2000 looks reaelly kewl.
[rail]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I just saw that some guy over on the VEPR board at ak-47.net said that he had heard that the Tavor was coming and the moderator said that he had heard that from IMI so I am counting the days till that comes out. But has anyone heard anything about that other new bullpups?
[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The FN I don't know, but I doubt it. It would have to be made in the US and FN has never made any other civilian assualt guns in the US even though they already have several that would be sure sellers. As for the SAR-21 I doubt it also. The never sold the older SAR-80/88s in the States even before the import bans, let alone build anything in the US.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
okay, i don't want to be the fella that is blamed for starting this rumor.  i too stumbled into this discussion over on the ak-47.net board.  

http://www.ak-47.net/akboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=33&t=000038

the first time i heard of the tavor being available to civilians was 8 or 9 months ago on the old ar15.com site.  i do not have the link, but the word there was that we would be able to buy one of these really neat guns.  i became excited when i heard that a us company was going to make the tavor here domestically.  that would side step the import ban that has stoped the import of galil and other very cool firearms.

i thought it sounded very positive that alex said he's been talking with the folks at imi about the tavor.  i too want one of these in a very bad way.  i just want to know the american company that imi is liscensing to make the tavor here in the us.  that way we could bug them on a regular basis.

sloth

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top