Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2016 10:05:19 PM EDT
Anyone used them?

They have some decent rates to GD's favorite country. Their schedule is decent, if you don't mind Mexico City being their hub.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've flown them 15+ times, about 3-4 trips a year for the last 4 years.  TJ > Uruapan direct.

they are a discount airline.  everything is an cost+ add-on.  I don't book the tickets myself so I don't know the specifics.  And we always pay the extra for exit row for the extra legroom.

If any other airline flew into Uruapan, we'd probably jump ship.

customer service is not very good.  we just got screwed out of a $500 round trip ticket because the ticket was booked for "Doug" but his passport said "Douglas". they wouldn't let him board the flight.  had to buy a new ticket for "Douglas".  tried to fix the return ticket to change it to "Douglas" but they refused, kept trying to say that you can't change the ticket for a different person.  couldn't/wouldn't understand that Doug was short for Douglas, like Max could be short for Maximilio.  They said that "Doug" never showed for the first flight so no refund/credit on the first flight or the return flight, even though he was there and they just wouldn't let him board..  had to buy a return ticket under "Douglas" so he could get back home.

We'll see what AMEX has to say about a refund.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
International flights ... use the name on your passport.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
International flights ... use the name on your passport.
View Quote

Duh.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Used them multiple times flying to la paz to go fishing, never had an issue.  Usually fly out of Tijuana.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I know that.

person booking the tickets normally gets copies of the passport for her records, but missed it this time and made an assumption that his full name was Doug.  The point is that Volaris "customer service" had no desire to help the customer out when there is an issue.  Take a look at their Facebook page to read some complaints by others.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Relatively new Airbus fleet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top