Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2016 4:43:13 PM EDT
1. I change out my AC filter every month.

2. AC is cooling fine.  I live in FL, and so far no need for heat.

3. I pour Clorox down the drain pipe to clean it every month.

4. WTF, is wrong with my AC? Cools fine, but today when I went to change the AC filter I noticed several drops of water.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Over maintained.
Routine is best
Bleach?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Dibs on guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Moist air condenses on cold items.  Could this fit your situation at all?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1. I change out my AC filter every month.
2. AC is cooling fine.  I live in FL, and so far no need for heat.
3. I pour Clorox down the drain pipe to clean it every month.
4. WTF, is wrong with my AC? Cools fine, but today when I went to change the AC filter I noticed several drops of water.

Thanks
View Quote

Not at all uncommon depending on layout.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over maintained.
Routine is best
Bleach?
View Quote

Ive witnessed some pretty anal retentive stuff over the years but bleaching the drain every month is ....unique.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the filter located below the condenser coils? It could be dripping from them.
[b]Quoted:[/b

Ive witnessed some pretty anal retentive stuff over the years but bleaching the drain every month is ....unique.
View Quote

I have to flush my U-trap every 6-8 weeks in warm weather. The bottom of the condensing unit is only 10" above the garage floor and mold and mildew build up in it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Plugged condensate drain.  Catch pan overflowing and dripping down onto filter.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is the filter located below the condenser coils? It could be dripping from them.
View Quote
they should be outside and not after the air filter.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
low pressure coolant can cause that so can plugged drain

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#10]
pics of filter
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It's that Florida humidity trying to turn itself into southern ice. Be sure to dispose of that filter properly or that stuff will escape and get all over our roads.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[palmtoforehead]I should have said evaporator. I have a heat pump and it is the condenser during the heating cycle.[/palmtoforehead]
I have an Amana unit and the airflow is upward through the indoor coil.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Plugged condensate drain.  Catch pan overflowing and dripping down onto filter.
View Quote

This. My lady friend lives in a condo at Fort Myers (photo won't load). She was visiting me for a week and found a puddle when she arrived back home. She called the AC guy and he had to clean out the drain. And yes, he told her to pour bleach or vinegar down the condensate drain every month. It has a clean out plug where the drain goes into the plumbing stack of the building.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have to flush my U-trap every 6-8 weeks in warm weather. The bottom of the condensing unit is only 10" above the garage floor and mold and mildew build up in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:[/b

Yes

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top