Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2016 6:05:57 PM EDT
Embassy Attacked After Muslim Cleric Executed
The Saudi embassy in Tehran has come under attack from petrol bomb throwers amid a backlash against the execution of a prominent Shia cleric.

Video footage posted on Twitter shows Molotov cocktails hitting the front of the mission and other pictures posted since appear to show the building on fire.

There was fierce criticism of Saudi Arabia after it executed 47 people at prisons around the country including Nimr al Nimr.

Pictures posted on social media showed what appeared to be troops moving into Saudi areas where the Shia minority were due to protest.

However, Mr Nimr's brother called for a "peaceful" response to the execution, saying the family did not want to see further bloodshed.

The United States warned Saudi Arabia, which has a Sunni Muslim majority, that its execution of Mr Nimr "risks exacerbating sectarian tensions."

The list of those executed did not include Mr Nimr's nephew, Ali al Nimr, who was 17 when he was arrested in 2012.

View Quote

RT @RT_com: JUST IN: #SaudiArabia cuts diplomatic ties with #Iran - Foreign Minister https://t.co/OWjSxD2xJE https://t.co/Xfs3cVWPZi
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm all broken up inside
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Tweets appear to show Iranian protesters storming Saudi embassy

DUBAI, Jan 3 (Reuters) - Images shared on social media early on Sunday morning appeared to show Iranian protesters breaking into Saudi Arabia's embassy in Tehran and starting fires, after gathering there to denounce the kingdom's execution of a Shi'ite cleric.

One photograph, posted on Twitter, showed protesters outside the embassy building with small fires burning inside, while another showed a room with smashed furniture purportedly inside the building.

Reuters could not immediately verify the images, some of which were posted by correspondents at Iranian news agencies and newspapers.

Soon afterwards, more tweets showed what appeared to be police clearing the protesters from the embassy. (Reporting by Sam Wilkin; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Attack on embassy is direct result
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I got out of the KSA, I fucking hated working there and most of the Saudis I met were fucking arrogant lazy pricks except for maybe one or two that had been in the military and spent a good amount of time training in the USA.

Fuck that country!

Yes I did see a be-heading while there, don't know why I went, morbid curiosity got the best of me.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
And the Sunni/ Shia Schism grows.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
To quote many others on here I'll say:

"I'll have a Coke."

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
What is it with Iranians and embassies?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"I'll have a Coke."

View Quote

...and popcorn.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are not allowed to shoot back is my guess, I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

and hey all lived happily ever after.......

......with the same problems they had for the last 800 years.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Hildacunt will blame Trump shortly
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unable to project their animosity over any distance, they attack sovereign land within their own borders.  Yes, the government allowed this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Whoopsie..
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps they can focus more on each other and give the rest of the world a break.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope they blow up each other's oil-fields.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]
SO, what's the over/under on how many days before the Saudis announce they've assembled their nukes?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
The Iranian faction in Yemen is being rolled up,quite bloodily: Bahrain lost an F-16 there yesterday. This is all part of the greater war going on;IS is just sort of a sideshow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

SO, what's the over/under on how many days before the Saudis announce they've assembled their nukes?
View Quote

They have to bring them in from Pakistan first and request the good ones without the green paki tape.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#24]
It's kind of tough for the average American to imagine, that Islam isn't monolithic.  They hate each other almost as much as they hate us.  

The region is so incredibly fucked up.  How do you unfuck a problem that's been around for a thousand years?  

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]
By the way the fucking Iranians do have a fixation issue with embassies....so it would seem?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's kind of tough for the average American to imagine, that Islam isn't monolithic.  They hate each other almost as much as they hate us.  

The region is so incredibly fucked up.  How do you unfuck a problem that's been around for a thousand years?  

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You build a shitload of nuclear power plants and drill all of your oil... pretty soon the problem fixes itself.  Unfortunately, idiot "environmentalists" stopped that shit cold a few decades back.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Islam is monolithic.  Muslims are not.

It's tough for the average American to imagine that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Attempting to load fuck to give about this...

Attempt failed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#31]

unconfirmed reports KSA embassy in Baghdad is being bombed.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"I'll have a Coke."

View Quote

Maybe add some vanilla ice cream for a Coke Float!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got back from Baghdad. Hair trigger shit over there with Iranian controlled Shia militia just chomping at the bit to come after us again. And I think the Saudis literally just reopened their embassy there. Iranian puppet Shia militias going after the Saudis, no surprise there. And its not like the Shia Government of Iraq is going to keep the Shia militias from fucking with the Saudis.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I'll have a Coke."

Now THAT, I can give a few fucks about.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are monolthic in the sense that they all hate us and I don't give a fuck about any of them.

Bring all the Kurds over here and glass the entire region. Only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I propose we offer a counter riot or perhaps a riot challenge!

I say we put up some of our best rioters from Baltimore, Detroit or Chicago.  Have a throw down as some middle eastern soccer stadium.  Supply some old tires.  Some bottles & gasoline.  Mock up a store front with a bunch of big screens, hair weaves & malt liquor.

Send in a Riot Dream Team! Offer up EBT cards and a shoe deal to the winners.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bomb them a little to stir them up, then import them here. What could possibly go wrong? /neocon
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey, we got Hezballah fighting ISIS who is fighting AQ who are fighting Asad. We got two countries (Syria and Iran) that have caused the death of at least hundred of Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sounds like a perfect storm; why muck it up.They thought they had the dog on the leash and then it turned around and bit them. We need to get out of there. Protect the Kurds, if you want to do a Kinetic campaign do it from Kurdistan. But get the fuck out of Iraq. And stop giving them a $1,000,000,000 a month for christ's sake. Lets bankrupt the Iranians (and maybe the Russians also); let them pay the bill.

And mark my words; the Iranian controlled militias will start attacking US Forces in Iraq as soon as they get enough help to them thinking they can finish the job on their own.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I blame climate change.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We only know about all this because of modern day media.
Cut that off and leave them to it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We only know about all this because of modern day media.
Cut that off and leave them to it

The wisdom is strong with this one...
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#43]
This clearly Trumps fault somehow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm out of Coke, so I guess I'll have to settle for Mountain Dew.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Gee, I hope this doesn't escalate.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
By the way the fucking Iranians do have a fixation issue with embassies....so it would seem?
View Quote

People tend to stick with what they are good at.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm all broken up inside
View Quote

Tickled pink is the idiom you were seeking.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#48]
So an embassy was attacked because of a video, right???

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't speak arabic, but I think this is one of the embassies.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So an embassy was attacked because of a video, right???

View Quote

I think it was because of the news that an Iranian cleric's head was no longer attached to his body.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top