Quoted:
For what?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

For an EDC and combat sidearm.

CCW Primary.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a PCR if you aren't going to use a light.

P01 if you are.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
G19. Best combination of size, weight, capacity, and caliber. It's the perfect general purpose 9mm, and because it's a Glock you won't feel bad about mistreating it by shooting the piss out of it and not cleaning it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Pie.

I like both, but for different reasons.

Glock, because well, I've used them for years, and while my dislike of polymer and striker fired pistols is known, they do work, and at a relatively good price.

CZ, because I love metal pistols, they look as good as they perform, but weighs a bit more. Having used DA/SA pistols as well, it's no issue for me. Although many dislike DA pistols.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
They're both good.  I've carried both, and would feel well served with either.

The only solution is to buy a G19 and a PCR or P01 (worked over by CZ Custom or CGW) and try them both.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate Glocks but CZ's are pretty nice guns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
both good, glock is lighter for carrying.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock. I have both.  

Glock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock, because perfection.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock 19. No explanation needed
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a P-07 and you have the best of all worlds. The trigger is sex.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Glock but if you want to carry then get a 19.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glock, because perfection.....
View Quote

Umm...no, that would be the CZ75.

I have a 75 and it is one of a few guns I have that I would never think of selling.  It is heavy and the full size version but they make smaller version for ccw.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I change my vote, you should just get a compact glock.  GD looks down upon anyone who isn't on the bandwagon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

CCW Primary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what?

CCW Primary.

Glock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely a get both answer. It is nice to have more than one choice, especially since they are two completely different style guns. If I had to do just one, I would go with the CZ.  I prefer DA/SA firearms, , I prefer all metal guns, the CZ feels awesome and it would be an emotional choice as well.  The Glock to me is just a tool, and I have never been crazy about the grip and feel. Despite what anyone here says, it really comes down to preference and emotion. Sure a gun is a practical purchase, but it is also an emotional one so get the one that inspires you and train to use it proficiently.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#20]
For EDC it's tough to beat a G19. Great combination of size, weight and capacity, parts can be found everywhere and are easy to replace, there's a huge aftermarket, and mags are cheap too.

That being said, the G19 is pretty far down on my list of "favorite to shoot", although I have 2 of them. My hand just doesn't fit it right.  At the range, or as a home defense pistol, the CZ 75 is better for me. More comfortable to hold and shoot, and more accurate as well.

If you want something along the lines of G19, check out the CZ P07. Very similar to the G19 in size, but for me it's a much better fit. I'm faster and more accurate with it, and it has replaced the 19 for me as an EDC. Downsides are the mag costs (about 2x what a Glock mag costs), it's not as easy to strip as a Glock, parts aren't as widespread, and the aftermarket is small.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I've delt with both, and Glock customer service is galaxies better.  CZ's CS department should be replaced with a photo of a middle finger.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I change my vote, you should just get a compact glock.  GD looks down upon anyone who isn't on the bandwagon.
View Quote

Half of GD didn't know what a cz75 was 6 months ago. Now everyone wants/has one
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I own both in different flavors and the Glock is simpler, lighter, and more durable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know it's funny.  I used to buy them when they were cheap but now they are as much as the tier 1 handguns so I don't buy them anymore.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
IBTP.
View Quote

I voted CZ75. Why? It's not a Glock.

Aesthetics, accuracy, I like metal and I literally despise the fanboi effect associated with Glock. They're every bit as bad as the Apple worshippers. And just as rabid when they find out you're not part of the sheeple cult!

P.S.- I'm old, cranky and set in my ways. No use trying to change MY mind. I'm NOT going to drink the KoolAid.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
G19. Best combination of size, weight, capacity, and caliber. It's the perfect general purpose 9mm, and because it's a Glock you won't feel bad about mistreating it by shooting the piss out of it and not cleaning it.

View Quote

I go along with your post. The next best Glock would be the G17.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I've never heard of a CZ owner shooting themself in the dick.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
G19 end thread
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've delt with both, and Glock customer service is galaxies better.  CZ's CS department should be replaced with a photo of a middle finger.
View Quote

I've sent my SP-01 to get fixed after the first range trip.  They payed for shipping both ways and were pretty quick in fixing the lemon trigger they originally put in.  I can't complain about their CS.  Then again, none of my 3 Glocks ever had to go back for anything.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a cz sp-01 and its by far my favorite pistol

great ergos, accurate, mags arent too expensive
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#31]
For carry, Glock hands down.

For competition CZ or Tanfo.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Aesthetics, accuracy, I like metal and I literally despise the fanboi effect associated with Glock. They're every bit as bad as the Apple worshippers. And just as rabid when they find out you're not part of the sheeple cult!

P.S.- I'm old, cranky and set in my ways. No use trying to change MY mind. I'm NOT going to drink the KoolAid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTP.

Well CZ guys can be pretty bad too.  But I have to agree they don't hold a candle to Glock zealots.  Glock is not the answer to every damn gun question here. I mean how fucking boring is that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#33]
CZ, ergonomically superior, unquestioned accuracy. Available in safety or de-cocker models. With the Omega trigger system models, you get both in the same gun.
..and it's not a Glock.
Bought my first CZ in 1994.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I've got both  G17 and CZ P-01       I enjoy shooting the CZ more ( I have about 12k rounds through it now )  but usually carry the glock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this...
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a cz sp-01 and its by far my favorite pistol

great ergos, accurate, mags arent too expensive
View Quote

I too have a SP-01 and love it but I'd never carry it every day.  I have the P-07 for that.

All that being said, I'd carry a G19, too.  Im pretty much agnostic in the Glock vs CZ debate.  They are both fine pistols.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Over the years, I've had a little more than a half dozen Glocks.

I currently have close to that many CZs.  If I weren't carrying a BHP as I type this, it'd be a full-size CZ75 instead.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

All that being said, I'd carry a G19, too.  Im pretty much agnostic in the Glock vs CZ debate.  They are both fine pistols.
View Quote

That's not how agnostic works......
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#39]
The ergonomics and accuracy of the CZ are fantastic. The curves of the gun allow cover garments to conceal it easier. A simple fluff and vuff can greatly improve the trigger feel or a trip to the Smith can give it a truly amazing trigger.

Where as the glock is....well....like a civic: its cheap, reliable, will get you home......and alot of douchebags own them.

Edit: all that being said, I prefer to add a bit more class than what even the CZ offers, so I carry a Sig. It's the best of both worlds, the ergos and quality of a CZ, with the self-righteousness of the glock crowd.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#40]
"its cheap, reliable, will get you home......and alot of douchebags own them."

or think they are the greatest pistol EVER.

I was carrying a rare, Aluminum framed, safety compact 75, but recently got a Grand Power P11 for something different. I've run @200 rounds of Wolf-primed reloads through it without a hitch, including an IDPA match. It's better than a Glock 19. The trigger reset is amazing for a factory gun, that's not a 1911.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTP.

All the fanboys are really a turnoff for the glock that and the CZ is so nice looking, all metal. Supposed to function GREAT.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#42]
CZ-75 compact name one thing wrong with this
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#43]
The CZ is a very nice pistol, classy even. The Glock is more like a Jeep, you can keep it clean and nice but it is perfectly at home in the mud and dirt and everyone knows when they see it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I think the only thing the glock has going for it over the CZ is it doesn't weight as much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Glock because im a Glock-Aholic

now go and get one and you will be too
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Its yours not mine

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All the fanboys are really a turnoff for the glock that and the CZ is so nice looking, all metal. Supposed to function GREAT.
View Quote

1) CZ fanboys are pretty obnoxious too.

2) Who gives a fuck?  Why on earth would you base your decision on what to own, shoot, or carry on the behavior of random assholes you don't even know online?

Buy both, shoot both.  If you like both, keep both.  Either will have decent resale value so if you don't like one you can recoup most of your money.  Why anyone would choose not to try or use a product because "fanboys are annoying" is completely beyond me.  Random strangers should not have that much influence in your buying decisions.

This shouldn't be difficult.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#48]
G40
G19
G43
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The CZ is a very nice pistol, classy even. The Glock is more like a Jeep, you can keep it clean and nice but it is perfectly at home in the mud and dirt and everyone knows when they see it.

View Quote

Somethings can't be churched up, no matter how much shiney shit you add.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

What color frag grips are those?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top