Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2015 7:15:06 PM EDT
Buddy of mine offering to sell me his Intratec Tec-DC9. Price is $325. 1 factory mag and factory box/papers.  Also comes with a local sales receipt from when it was purchased during the AWB for $530, as well as local PD paperwork from when it was stolen and returned sometime around 2002.

He let me take it for a test run.  The very first shot failed due to a light primer strike, but then I fired 60 rounds with no issues.  30 of those test rounds were dumped by bump firing.

I've always wanted a Tec for the novelty of it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
A-Is your first name Laqwaun?
B-Do you shoot your gat while holding it sideways?
C- Does your Buick Regal roll on 24" dubs
D- Is your girlfriend named Shaniqua, Tawshawn or Laquanda?

If the answer to any of the above is "Yes", purchase the Tec9.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Your money. Waste it as you will
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It's $325...of course you should, even if just for the novelty of having a gun that terrifies the lefties.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you shoot people under freeway overpasses?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I traded a busted up electric RC car for mine.

They are fun when they work and mine rarely worked for a whole mag
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I sold one due to light primer strikes. It would FTF 1/3-1/4 of the time. I got $400 out of mine almost 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you take that money and put it towards a gun that isn't a piece of garbage?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It's really accurate when you shoot it outta the rear driver's side window
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I would pass and buy a Cobray instead.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's $325...of course you should, even if just for the novelty of having a gun that terrifies the lefties.
View Quote

I'd be lying if I said that part of me didn't want it just because there are so many people who don't want me to have it.

I fully realize they are not "good" guns.  This one does work (until it breaks) and I think it would make a fun "who wants to shoot this one?!" gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Does it come with a grille?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I was given a pre-ban Tec-9 as a favor for doing some work for a buddy on his garage.

it was cool looking but what a jam-o-matic POS.  I mean I had a hard time getting anything to run through that.

I wound up selling it after a year just to get rid of it.

I didn't regret it.  For about a year.  

now I wish I'd have kept it.  Why? Every time we went shooting with the scouts,  thats the one they wanted to shoot.  it impressed the girls, it scared the libs, and kids loved it.  I wish I'd have worked through it and made it reliable.  Oh well.  

if it's reliable,  you'll like it cause it's stupid. It's the taurus judge of the 90's. a gun without a purpose, for the sheer joy of exploding powder in little metal cylinders.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why don't you take that money and put it towards a gun that isn't a piece of garbage?
View Quote

Because I already have non-garbage guns and this one is only $325 with the benefit of being extra menacing and scary.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
The guy at a local LGS offered me a "problem child" Tec-9 for $150.00 and I turned him down.

Two days later I bought this Encom America MK IV .45 Pistol at the same place, altered some M3 grease gun mags for it, and it runs like a scalded dog.

I did change-out the Ram-Line grip for a A1.

BTW....Much easier to shoot from a car window what with the side mag.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truth.

If you can get it to shoot it will never fail to hit something.  Usually the ground or something other than what you aimed at.

I've never seen the TEC-9 shoot a full magazine without a stoppage of ANY kind.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, why don't you put the money towards a Draco pistol, which will be menacing and scary and will actually function?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was given a pre-ban Tec-9 as a favor for doing some work for a buddy on his garage.

it was cool looking but what a jam-o-matic POS.  I mean I had a hard time getting anything to run through that.

I wound up selling it after a year just to get rid of it.

I didn't regret it.  For about a year.  

now I wish I'd have kept it.  Why? Every time we went shooting with the scouts,  thats the one they wanted to shoot.  it impressed the girls, it scared the libs, and kids loved it.  I wish I'd have worked through it and made it reliable.  Oh well.  

if it's reliable,  you'll like it cause it's stupid. It's the taurus judge of the 90's. a gun without a purpose, for the sheer joy of exploding powder in little metal cylinders.
View Quote

That's pretty much where I'm at with this.  I think $325 is reasonable for adding a novelty piece to a collection.

Also, this history behind the controversy of the gun, as well as the sad and factual history, is somewhat of a selling point for me too.  Especially with the local papers included with it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok, why don't you put the money towards a Draco pistol, which will be menacing and scary and will actually function?
View Quote

I could, and would, but this is in my lap right here and now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The guy at a local LGS offered me a "problem child" Tec-9 for $150.00 and I turned him down.

Two days later I bought this Encom America MK IV .45 Pistol at the same place, altered some M3 grease gun mags for it, and it runs like a scalded dog.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/t9xlbt.jpg

View Quote

Looks like its a sten pistol...

You should get one of those funky CA legal AR stocks that replaces the grip, and make it an SBR.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Truth.

If you can get it to shoot it will never fail to hit something.  Usually the ground or something other than what you aimed at.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

This one did.  And if you don't count the light primer strike on the first mag then it actually went through 2 full mags without failure .

I'm not overly concerned with reliability since "working all the time" is not something I would require of this pistol.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought mine for $250 a few years not because I knew it would run well but because the liberals hate it. It is always mentioned in every AWB. It's not reliable but fun to shoot. Mine seems to prefer steel cased wolf ammo over more expensive brass stuff for some reason the gun isn't even communist, I just have to remember to buy a few boxes when on sale since I don't shoot it in anything else.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
My buddy had one. It was cool looking but a giant piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. they actually work, and are accurate. and coincidentally around the same price as the OP is looking at. Cobray be operator yo.

But I mean if you want a tech 9, get the tech 9.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This one did.  And if you don't count the light primer strike on the first mag then it actually went through 2 full mags without failure .

I'm not overly concerned with reliability since "working all the time" is not something I would require of this pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

If you have a decent knowledge of gun smithing it could be a fun tinker project...
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Only if you plan on being a failed assassin !!!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/t9xlbt.jpg

View Quote

That is awesome.

I have never even seen one until now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#27]
got one for free from my dad, it was such a piece of shit. I am almost happy that he took that POS back when my parents divorced.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had once since the early 90s that I'd forgotten about and found again recently.  Planning to SBR it IF I can figure out a way to attach a stock to it.  I can't find any of the Intertech stocks, so I have to either jerry-rig something or reverse engineer the extended pin and latches and wire stock that went together.

I did grab one of these for the project.  Sadly, there's no attachment method on it right now so there's no physical way to attach it to the pistol.  None.  Zero.  It is impossible to attach this old school VFG to the TEC-9 pistol.  Suck it ATF guy reading this.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd buy it, generally they're giant pieces of shit but for some reason you can always get your money back out of them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Buy it.It's a fun toy.Wish I still had mine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#31]
It's your money to throw away.

(Had one, it was a POS.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Had one; those things are utter garbage.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought one for 325 exactly.

It was several years back and I believe I bought it from a Mod on here who said it "didn't fit with his collection"

It's LNIB and I bought it just for the novelty
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've had once since the early 90s that I'd forgotten about and found again recently.  Planning to SBR it IF I can figure out a way to attach a stock to it.  I can't find any of the Intertech stocks, so I have to either jerry-rig something or reverse engineer the extended pin and latches and wire stock that went together.

I did grab one of these for the project.  Sadly, there's no attachment method on it right now so there's no physical way to attach it to the pistol.  None.  Zero.  It is impossible to attach this old school VFG to the TEC-9 pistol.  Suck it ATF guy reading this.  

http://i.imgur.com/0rT67rc.jpg?1
View Quote

picy no worky.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cobray is a total piece of shit.  Worst fucking gun I ever owned.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#36]
They're not really good for anything. Buy a $350 Glock 19 from Aim and get some 33 round mags for it.

FWIW, the TECs will generally run with hot ammo like NATO spec 124 grain.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm thinking it's fo time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#38]
SW model 10 has been used in more crimes and murders than Tec-9

Get a 38 fo sho
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

FWIW, the TECs will generally run with hot ammo like NATO spec 124 grain.
View Quote

I didn't have luck with any ammo I tried, including that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Funny, I just acquired one.  I'll probably see if it works but I seriously doubt I'll ever shoot it much.  Funny how that P.O.S. Scares the fuck out of libs though
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
SW model 10 has been used in more crimes and murders than Tec-9

Get a 38 fo sho
View Quote

Had one.
Sold it.
Regret it.
ETA: Technically I had a 64, which makes me regret it more.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#42]
FO.

Then you can walk around blasting "Nagga mothafeather with a Tec-9, tryin' take mine...." or whatever.
ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG9BNugOEs
(Cold for a reason....)

Go with some HOT ammo, like Magtech 9mm or subgun ammo if you can find it.  Those big blowbacks don't like winchester white box, UMC, or other typical cheap range fodder.

Seriously, FO.  Worth it for the name alone.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#43]

The answer is yes. Then get the other 2.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I had a Tec-22 that ran like a champ. But it didn't start that way. Took many experiments of different mags and ammo before I found its sweet spot. Fun gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Is that the standard issue model for aspiring rappers?

If so, go for it Laquannel-x...
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm gonna do it.

Then buy a single point sling for it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Friend of mine has one. Will only cycle 100% with WInchester 9MM NATO 124 grain loads.
Everything else is jelly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Tec 9 saved this guys life.

link
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#49]
People always boo boo the Tec-9 because they are so easily jaded by pop culture. It's kind of sad really.

Bottom line.

The Tec-9 is the GLOCK style modernization of the Swedish K.

THey are supposed to function well with factory mags, as you've learned.

They are supposed to run like dogshit with aftermarket mags, which everyone gets thier idea they are jam-o-matics from.

If I had the money to burn, I'd buy it in a heart beat if that's the going rate for your area.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top