Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2015 8:38:27 PM EDT
In the spring when he was polling 16 odd% nationally, Bush planned to build an early national image of inevitability that he could coast on while coming in third or so in the first states, where he didn't expect great support, then use his cash mountain to swamp the airwaves and beat down the rest of the pack with a traditional advertising tsunami, gathering a fair number of delegates as he picked up steam going into Super Tuesday, where he'd seal the deal (the Hillary model).  

In late summer, after a couple tens of millions of dollars had brought him down to 8%ish, the director of his PAC conceded that they would not place in the top three (or, maybe, top five) in the first few states.  And possibly not in any of the first 24 states.  Or Puerto Rico for that matter.  But that was OK, he would use his slightly reduced cash mountain to take the whole guacamole bowl in the big winner takes all states on Super Tuesday, including his home state of Florida, instantly becoming the front runner (the Giuliani model; you remember President Giuliani, don't you?).  He did not address the fact that Jeb was, and still is, polling 9% in Florida.  Bush started burning money quick like and donations started drying up.

$80 million later Bush is at 3% nationally, and by stripping 60 national staff to work the first four in person - Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada - he tacitly admits that failing to place competitively there will be his campaign death rattle.  He last polled between 4% and 8% in those states.  Also, abruptly canceling the $3 million ad buy there signals that Jeb!'s resources are not in fact unlimited and that he doesn't expect to suddenly connect with voters via television (not that stump speeches and debates have been his saviors either).  Nevertheless his PAC plans a $20 million ad blitz in the first four next week that reeks of last ditch.  

Primaries that he once dismissed as pointless distractions are now must wins, and his superweapons have all been expended as duds, or were counter productive.   It's... beautiful.  

CNN
WaPo
Fox
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
He should drop out.  Then go away.  Never to return.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Jeb just likes spending other peoples money.  He just needs to quit already!
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This campaign reminds me too much of McCain's. That worries me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Heb needs to give up and go home.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a drain with Jeb's name on it.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In the spring when he was polling 16 odd% nationally, Bush planned to build an early national image of inevitability that he could coast on while coming in third or so in the first states, where he didn't expect great support, then use his cash mountain to swamp the airwaves and beat down the rest of the pack with a traditional advertising tsunami, gathering a fair number of delegates as he picked up steam going into Super Tuesday, where he'd seal the deal (the Hillary model).  

In late summer, after a couple tens of millions of dollars had brought him down to 8%ish, the director of his PAC conceded that they would not place in the top three (or, maybe, top five) in the first few states.  And possibly not in any of the first 24 states.  Or Puerto Rico for that matter.  But that was OK, he would use his slightly reduced cash mountain to take the whole guacamole bowl in the big winner takes all states on Super Tuesday, including his home state of Florida, instantly becoming the front runner (the Giuliani model; you remember President Giuliani, don't you?).  He did not address the fact that Jeb was, and still is, polling 9% in Florida.  Bush started burning money quick like and donations started drying up.

$80 million later Bush is at 3% nationally, and by stripping 60 national staff to work the first four in person - Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada - he tacitly admits that failing to place competitively there will be his campaign death rattle.  He last polled between 4% and 8% in those states.  Also, abruptly canceling the $3 million ad buy there signals that Jeb!'s resources are not in fact unlimited and that he doesn't expect to suddenly connect with voters via television (not that stump speeches and debates have been his saviors either).  Nevertheless his PAC plans a $20 million ad blitz in the first four next week that reeks of last ditch.  

Primaries that he once dismissed as pointless distractions are now must wins, and his superweapons have all been expended as duds, or were counter productive.   It's... beautiful.  

CNN
WaPo
Fox
View Quote

They better not come to our door We are a no yeb zone
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw one of his ads on tv this morning around 10.

10am on a weekday...he's getting desperate.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
... Jeb! 2061
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]
At this point he's ripping off donors and should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
His brother fucked his chance. He's not running on anything. He's just another blank face of the establishment that wants another war and bigger government.

His only chance is in the past. If he would have come out and blasted Obama AND his fucking brother in the beginning on spending and every damn thing they both did he would have had a chance. But nope, he just another paid the fuck off scare monger that wants to spend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]
He could hand everybody a $100 bill to vote for him in those 4 states and it still wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  No one likes him except his brother and father.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
His brother fucked his chance. He's not running on anything. He's just another blank face of the establishment that wants another war and bigger government.

His only chance is in the past. If he would have come out and blasted Obama AND his fucking brother in the beginning on spending and every damn thing they both did he would have had a chance. But nope, he just another paid the fuck off scare monger that wants to spend.
View Quote

+1

His TV ad was pathetic. You would think it was a joke video.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]
He should have respect for his donors and his party and drop out.  He's embarrassing himself, taking money he knows will only be wasted, and cluttering the race.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I really do wonder what it's going to take for him to get it through his head that it just isn't going to happen.

Period.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#18]
FPNI
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#19]
So much wasted money.........
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
At this point he's ripping off donors and should be ashamed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Pretty embarrassing
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I really do wonder what it's going to take for him to get it through his head that it just isn't going to happen.

Period.  

View Quote

So long as Rule 9 exists he has a better chance of getting the nomination than you are aware.
And then there's always the possibility of a replay of 1980 - JEB! for VP with Sally Bradshaw as the President's Chief of Staff.

Lone Nuts are everywhere ...
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Such low energy...
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#26]
He's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#27]
He's the wrong candidate at the wrong time with the wrong policies and the wrong last name.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Give it up Yeb

No one wants another Bush
No one wants another "compassionate conservative"
No one wants another Establishment RINO
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I feel bad for him. I mean, he's a fucking pussy and everything but it's mostly his name that is killing him.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#30]
</Grumpy Cat>

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Go away Jeb

we never wanted you
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
His brother fucked his chance.
View Quote

no....W has been extremely laid back.  Jeb's lack of charisma, ideas, motivation, personality, etc...are all his own.    Jeb's problem is he THOUGHT he would be the nominee due to people TELLING him he would be.  He believed the BS

this isn't a "W" issue
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So long as Rule 9 exists he has a better chance of getting the nomination than you are aware.
And then there's always the possibility of a replay of 1980 - JEB! for VP with Sally Bradshaw as the President's Chief of Staff.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Period.  

Rule 9 section (d) makes Jeb filling a vacancy highly unlikely. Currently it looks like Cruz would fill any vacancy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I feel bad for him. I mean, he's a fucking pussy and everything but it's mostly his name that is killing him.
View Quote

No, it's the fact that he's an establishment open borders member of the "ruling class" that's killing him
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

no....W has been extremely laid back.  Jeb's lack of charisma, ideas, motivation, personality, etc...are all his own.    Jeb's problem is he THOUGHT he would be the nominee due to people TELLING him he would be.  He believed the BS

this isn't a "W" issue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this isn't a "W" issue

The problem with Jeb is in Jeb's soul. It has nothing to do with anything anyone told him, his positions or his name.

People can instinctually sense what is wrong with him. It's in his eyes. It is a deep and troubling weakness of spirit. Vanity and a souless lack of conviction about anything. He's the sort of person who will someday have an identity crisis, unsure of who they are or who they are supposed to be.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, it's the fact that he's an establishment open borders member of the "ruling class" that's killing him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that and in this election he doesn't have the IQ points to make it.   He's probably equal in IQ points to McStain.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I for one am glad for this!

I don't live in an early primary state and now I don't have to listen to his commercials!

His pole numbers aren't even close to double digits and his commercials SUCK.  I don't care if YOU don't like Trump and I really don't care that everyone in WASHINGTON thinks it would be good if you won.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Go Jebra!

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#40]
The minute he said there is no room for Tea Party Conservatives in his Republican Party, he lost ANY chance at getting the nomination.  Not that he had much of a chance to begin with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

The ad where he spends 80% of the time bashing Trump and then ends by saying "Nobody ever insulted their way into the White House"?  Like "Do as I say, not as I do"?

Certainly is a joke to me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

If it weren't for his last name, he wouldn't even BE in this race.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Rule 9 section (d) makes Jeb filling a vacancy highly unlikely. Currently it looks like Cruz would fill any vacancy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Period.  

Agreed, although I would think (at this moment in time) Rubio would be more likely - having more establishment pull.
I just don't see how it's even a consideration that a 3% candidate gets the nomination, even under rule 9, when there are multiple guys above 10%.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Dude is a never ending itch of the anal sphincter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#46]
In his latest ads, he comes off as a petulant, whiny teenager.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The problem with Jeb is in Jeb's soul. It has nothing to do with anything anyone told him, his positions or his name.

People can instinctually sense what is wrong with him. It's in his eyes. It is a deep and troubling weakness of spirit. Vanity and a souless lack of conviction about anything. He's the sort of person who will someday have an identity crisis, unsure of who they are or who they are supposed to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this isn't a "W" issue

I thought his campaign was over the second he made the statement about having lots of really cool stuff to be doing.  talk about a brain fart
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Pretty embarrassing
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Go home Jeb your drunk!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top