Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2015 1:41:03 PM EDT
So I'm out hog hunting this morning, and damn near stepped on this SOB.  It's like 80 degrees out, so I was being super cautious.  Probably the closest I've ever come to getting snake-bit, still can't believe he didn't get me.  This warmer weather certainly makes hunting interesting this time of year.  Anyways, burn in hell moccasin

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Good shoot. Inb4 peta
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I really don't care if poisenous. It's the members who are all omg I killed a rat snake I am all that is man!

I've been bit by a copperhead, and I'm still here.

I'll generally smoke poisenous snakes. There was a moccasin in my pond ot too long ago that I let live for awhile, he turned into a huge douchbag who got his head blown off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really don't care if poisenous. It's the members who are all omg I killed a rat snake I am all that is man!

I've been bit by a copperhead, and I'm still here.
View Quote
Agreed.  Seen a couple rat snakes and a king snake in our yard, those guys don't bother me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you shoot it or take a couple bites out of it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You should make that into a hat or a belt, don't let it go to waste.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

My hatred for water moccasins runs too deep, I could never do it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
FPNI.

But it needs a couple more rounds in it just for good measure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Good kill
I kill ALL venomous snakes I encounter since almost getting hit years ago by a rattler walking out at dark after deer hunting. Didn't have my leggings on either as I got lazy and didn't put them on.
I give all other snakes a pass.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate moccasins.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Are moccasin's the snakes that are considered to be relatively less venomous than copper heads, coral, and rattle snakes?

I remember a moccasin chasing us out of a creek when we were kids playing in my grandparent's creek.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Moccasins always have that pissed off look

They have a disposition to match

Good shoot OP
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
18 degrees at the house this am- not going to have to worry about 'em for a while.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are moccasin's the snakes that are considered to be relatively less venomous than copper heads, coral, and rattle snakes?

I remember a moccasin chasing us out of a creek when we were kids playing in my grandparent's creek.
View Quote

No, they're extremely venomous.  Coral snakes have the deadliest venom, mocs are worse than copperheads, and probably on par with most rattlers.  They're the most aggressive out of all of them, real bastards.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Good killin'.

Death to moccasins. All of them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]
So what caliber for moccasin?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't have them in my AO, but everyone I know that lives where they do says they're pretty common and usually pissed off at the world  as snakes go.

I give most all snakes a pass, but I'm okay with this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice Avatar, OP.

Marlow was vicious.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#18]
"Breed of Peace" murdered by a religious zealot who is hanging on to his God and guns.
Candlelight vigil is scheduled for tonite at 1800 hrs
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
.38 Special 125-grain SJHP +P seems to do the trick.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#20]
This comment is brought to you by the word "venomous".

"Poisonous" means "Don't eat me."

"Venomous" means "Don't let me bite or sting you."

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I taught my 4 year old daughter that. She now corrects people. People generally sit with their mouths agape when she does.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No, they're extremely venomous.  Coral snakes have the deadliest venom, mocs are worse than copperheads, and probably on par with most rattlers.  They're the most aggressive out of all of them, real bastards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A moccasin will actually go out of it's way to get you.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a self proclaimed snake lover. I've had a number of pet snakes. I say good shoot. That fucker is venomous. Now strip him down, bury the head, marinate him and throw him on the grill.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Good shoot OP
View Quote

I was handling a Disabled Car out on the roadway that runs through the marshes one day...the Lady who was stranded suddenly started screaming and dnacing around pointing at my foot.  Baby Mocc had fallen off the curb and started striking at my boot probably no more than 8" but Bitey as a Mofo.  Fist time id ever seen one up close, but they're scaly assholes even as babies.  Probably should have killed him, but i was able to get him behind the head and put him back into the swamp
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Mocs are the only animal I can think of that I will kill on sight.  I hate those bastards ever since I unearthed 3 of them when I was digging a hole and the bastards chased me across the yard.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was handling a Disabled Car out on the roadway that runs through the marshes one day...the Lady who was stranded suddenly started screaming and dnacing around pointing at my foot.  Baby Mocc had fallen off the curb and started striking at my boot probably no more than 8" but Bitey as a Mofo.  Fist time id ever seen one up close, but they're scaly assholes even as babies.  Probably should have killed him, but i was able to get him behind the head and put him back into the swamp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good shoot OP

One of those fuckers came out of a Florida canal, and chased me away from "its" territory.

I retreated.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Mocs are KoS around my place.

Rattlers are about the only venomous snake I'll sometimes let live as long as they aren't being aggressive or too near my critters or kids. Mostly out of respect since they are both beautiful and typically courteous enough to give me a heads up on their presence.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Seen plenty of blacks, kings, corns etc around my place, but saw my first cottonmouth there this year, about a foot long. He was on the pad in front of my shop coiled up and striking at movement.
Had a broom in my hand so "smack" with the broomhandle and swept him into the bush.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#29]
He leakin
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's copperheads that are the least venomous?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wont kill a snake unless it's in a well-traveled area with kids. They are usually quite attractive looking creatures. A beautiful orange and pink copperhead was unfortunately hanging out in the swimming hole of a creek and I had to either remove it or kill it. It did not want to be removed.

Moccasins, on the other hand, are uniquely ugly. And the ones I've seen or dealt with have been assholes.   The whole 'live and let live' thing was never uttered in the Moccasin union hall. They seem to be engineered for mischief.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Dinner pic?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#33]
We kill several Moccasins and copperheads in our yard a year. Most in the front yard which is weird since the back is wooded and a creek runs through it. It doesn't matter wife will kill one in a second. We had a outside cat that was part bobcat, had the pointy ears with the little tips, anyway that thing would bring us kills every morning and leave them on the front door mat. Lots of little snakes it would freak my wife out.

With all the rain they are probably out looking for some food since the rain chased all the little critters to higher land.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my understanding, but I'm sure they'll mess your day pretty badly as well
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Just because you don't die doesn't mean that you won't have permanent (as in the rest of your life) damage and consequences from a venomous snake bite.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's my understanding, but I'm sure they'll mess your day pretty badly as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks dry. How far away from water was he when you shot him?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Try CCI shotshells. In .45 auto, they rip. And cycle.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks dry. How far away from water was he when you shot him?
View Quote
He was laying in the middle of a raised path that runs between 2 large drainage ditches.  It's about 10-feet wide, so he was still fairly close to water, maybe 5-6 feet away.  He had zero interest in retreating to water...poor choice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This one now sports the "dead" look.  LOL
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've considered it, but I carry a S&W 19-7 Performance Center while hunting, and I'm not sure that shotshells are safe b/c of the K-Comp.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#43]

That's pretty dang funny

Here, let me fix it for you:

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

They still won't get it right.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Im going to create a cologne made from Water Moccasin musk. Should be a big hit at the gun shows next the the beef jerky and Scentcy booth.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Stepped on one barefoot when I was like 10. I felt it move out from under my foot. Looked down and saw it coil up. Scared the piss out of me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Stepped on one barefoot when I was like 10. I felt it move out from under my foot. Looked down and saw it coil up. Scared the piss out of me.
View Quote

Oh yeah, almost shipped my pants
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
FPNI.

But it needs a couple more rounds in it just for good measure.
View Quote

followed shortly by a Darth Vader helmet fire.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I suggest mayonnaise on the snake.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything from a .17 pellet gun to 16-inch battleship guns is considered to be a proper round for a moccasin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top