Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2001 9:06:50 AM EDT
I think this is the biggest threat to the gun industry currently. If GW has any guts, he will write an executive order protecting the firearms industry as a part of our National Defense.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link to info?

Norm
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush should push the "National Security" issue. Both the Firearms Industry AND an Armed Population are necessary for the National Security of the United States.

If the Firearms Manufacturers are sued out of business, who will manufacture weapons for the US Military? In case of National Emergency or War, who will manufacture firearms to arm the citizenry as they were armed during WWI and WWI?

An Armed Population helps protect the Nation in times of War or during outbreaks of Terrorism.

Shouldn't Bush be pushing the all encompassing Cloak of Immunity that can be applied by designating the Firearms Industry and an Armed Population as being vital to the National Security?

In case of War or National Emergency, who's going to make our weapons--The Chinese? The Japanese? The French and Germans? How reliable are these sources? Yeah, that's right, they are not reliable at all.

And what about those clowns at NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, JPFO and others? Shouldn't they be piling on the "Firearms manufacturers and Firearms ownership are vital to the National Security" issue?

If Bush pushed for this it wouldn't be long before all the Anti-2nd Amendment gangsters would disband and blow away. Hell, with no way to blame guns or put a stop to private ownership, the aggrevation would causBoxer, Fineswine and Schmuck Schumer to have heart attacks and croak.....Sarah Brady, with no purpose left in life,  would try to Swallow an entire carton of Smokes in an attempt to commit Hari-Kari....

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#3]
no executive orders needed (besides, sometimes i wonder about their Constitutionality).  all this country needs is some judges with brains and larger-than-average cojones to laugh those frivolous lawsuits right outta the court room.  can't be prosecuted if the judge throws it out, now, can it?

and, yeah, can we have a link or something?
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Bowser for president.  He's 200 percent correct. I don't give a rats ass what anyone says, without the armed public America WILL be invaded one day.  No doubt.  

It's funny how often this HUGE fact is overlooked.  What's more important, losing a few lives to guns or changing from english to chinese?  You decide.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
ARlady is right. When the sheeple scream that gun owners want to overthrow the government they are completely wrong. What is wanted is the criminals IN government who have subverted the Constitution and corrupted the Republic thrown out.

Everything is so politicized nowdays that I don't even know why they bother with mentioning the Constitution anymore.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
YES!!!!! This news is true. N.Y.S Supreme Court dismisses suit in 7-0 decission.  Just go to www.freerepublic.com, and click on "latest posts". You can't miss the discussion!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3ae85ace2213.htm[/url]
scroll down through the posts and you'll find a kind person who posted the AP story, no link, just the cut-and-paste version.  it's reply #14.

also on this website, another victory for gunowners in north carolina:
[url]www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3ae8229a4d42.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#8]
There is also an interesting article about Switzerland and guns.  Read it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I always wanted a gun suit.  Where do I get one?  I need it to replace that Johnny Carson suit in the back of the closet that don't fit no more.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If the gun suits win, their will be no domestic arms makers. So when Chinese Red Dawn comes, we will be using bows and Chinese SKS's. At least the ammo will be interchangeable.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
instead of dwelling on the negatives and "what-ifs" let's look at some positives.  another state stood up for common sense and liberty.  that this state is also NEW YORK is a HUGE win for our side too.

i'm not suggesting we forget what's happening elsewhere, but this stuff will get ya down if ya let it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah.  What she said.

How about a big, collective "Well SHIT HOWDY, I guess the legal system DOES work!"
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#13]
How much would you like to bet that hillary is boiling right about know. [beer]
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Only humans "boil."

She is almost certainly wondering how 7 complete idiots ever made it to the bench.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's the story.....
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=18430#lastPost[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top