Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 6:23:29 AM EDT
Anybody ever heard of Yellow Tavern Custom Shoppe or TTi International in Virginia?  The gunsmith there has a hell of a good reputation, but I was wondering if anyone has bought an AR from him.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, thats near Richmond.   Black Fox might have done some business with them...  
Black Fox?....

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ohhhhh, boy, I'm betting they're glad the old ar15.com is down.  There was a long pissing match between them and Oly (Tom Spithaler, IIRC), them and some customers, then they changed their name, later they dropped off of ar15.com.

It sounded to me like there was some kind of bankruptcy or reorganization, but that is from memory and I really didn't pay close attention since it wasn't really any of my business, so don't put too much faith in what I wrote above.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I do know them and have bought some things there before.  They are on the north side of Richmond and have a lot of AR-15 parts in stock.  Their prices are reasonable ($50 for a lower parts set, etc) and they do specialize in the AR-15 family.  

Their prices for some of their custom AR-15s seemed a little high, but maybe that's because I'd rather save the money and build them myself.  I don't know any die hard fans or oppoenents (didn't see that exchange Cible), but if you're in the Richmond area I'd consider it pretty lucky to have a custom shop in the area.  

If you're in the Richmond area, drop me a message sometime.  If we haven't spoken before, it's always good to know others in the area.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yellow Tavern!   That's where JEB Stuart bought it![xx(][:(]

Sorry wrong forum!  No History forum here anymore.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
TTi International stands for (or used to be know) as Trappers Triangle.  A few years ago he used to do the Dominion shows selling AR's built on DPMS lowers.  They looked pretty decent, but I don't know anyone on that shoots a TTi built gun. When I asked a former VA State Rifle Team captain about TTi, he said he'd never heard of them.  I assume you're looking for something beyond a basic AR either a race gun, space gun or mouse gun.  I don't think if I was looking for a Service Rifle, they'd be my first choice but they may indeed be decent, for a race or space gun they may well be the go to guys.  In the past I know TTi supported a couple of local IPSC shooters who sang their praises across the State, but so would I for free gunsmithing.  As far as I can tell, that's their claim to fame, but bear in mind I don't know squat about the IPSC scene.  

That said, I had Trappers rebarrel and do some trigger work on a M1 I had, and they did a good job at a fair price.

If you're in VA and want a service match AR, why not contact one of the guys that builds rifles for the State Rifle team?  I believe at least one of them advertises in the Bullet, and if you know any active high power shooters in the state, they should be able to give you some names.

Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  Trapper has done some work for me before on my 1911 and I was very happy.  I was just curious about other people's experiences with TTi.  Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top