Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2003 5:37:19 PM EDT
[url]http://www.hernironworks.com/[/url]

I am thinking in advance for Christmas..and I think my father would LOVE one of these.  He'll think I'm going overboard and a little out of my mind every bit as he will love something like this.

My question is...is anyone familiar with this company?  My plan is to buy the cannon as well as the carriage hardware kit.  I am looking for opinions on quality of all pieces.  Sad thing is....is that I think I will have to order one for myself as well.

Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You post made me sad I will never have a kid that will buy me a cannon.

It has to be the BEST present a son could buy for a dad.

Good luck
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Pay careful attention to what the website says - unvented for liability reasons.  Cast iron cannons have a tendency to burst, and Hern Iron Works obviously won't guarantee the safety of their cannon barrels to fire projectiles.  That being said, I know that reenactor units will buy their barrels and use them to fire blank charges.

Black powder cannons considered safe for firing are usually required to have a steel liner installed to reduce the risk of a barrel burst.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top