Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/4/2015 11:18:10 AM EDT
https://grandpower.eagleimportsinc.com/grandpower/firearms/p40-series/models/grand-power-p40-10mm

While I believe the 10mm model has been in production for some time, this is the first mention I've seen of it on the American importer's page.

For those not familiar, the Grand Power is a Slovakian pistol that features a rotating barrel, fully ambidextrous controls, and Condition 1 carry capability. They've proven very successful on the IPSC scene in Europe. I've got a K100 Mk7 9mm, it's the smoothest shooting centerfire pistol I've ever owned and the single action trigger rivals that of my Wilson CQB.

Couple that trigger with 14+1 10mm and they may have a real winner on their hands.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
How much?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How much?
View Quote
The .40 is ~$660 on Gunbroker.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How much?
View Quote

The P40 and P45 seem to be going for between $600 and $700 so I'd guess it would be in the same range.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, that's an odd looking cutout on the bottom of the grip. Does it affect how you hold the pistol?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
10mm GP100?

I think I'm gonna fo on this one. I've always thought it was an interesting pistol, but I didn't want another 9mm pistol that would need different mags from what I've got now (a couple of CZs, and a hand full of Beretta 92's).

I've wanted a 10mm pistol that I could actually shoot for a while now, instead of a Delta Elite that sits in the safe because its unsafe to shoot because it bulges cases.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Wish it had a 5" barrel
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, that's an odd looking cutout on the bottom of the grip. Does it affect how you hold the pistol?
View Quote

i think you're seeing things.

https://youtu.be/3qPqNXnlcFo
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's more like it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck yesss. There's a member here that was talking about knowing the owner of GP in an MPX thread. I said to him to tell his buddy to hurry up with this! I'm going to take credit.

I'm excited to see range reviews on the recoil and the fact now Glock has a 10mm competitor at a potentially cheaper price.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

I think I'm gonna fo on this one. I've always thought it was an interesting pistol, but I didn't want another 9mm pistol that would need different mags from what I've got now (a couple of CZs, and a hand full of Beretta 92's).

I've wanted a 10mm pistol that I could actually shoot for a while now, instead of a Delta Elite that sits in the safe because its unsafe to shoot because it bulges cases.
View Quote

It's feasible your CZ-75 mags could be modded to work with the 9mm model; they work the other way around as-is. It's the same tube, just with an extra hole for the GP.  I plan on experimenting with this when I get moved and my shop set up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting.

I wonder why they machined that flat spot onto the chamber?   Looks cool, but they made it thinner there.   Designed in blowout zone for operator safety?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Interesting.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3qPqNXnlcFo/maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder why they machined that flat spot onto the chamber?   Looks cool, but they made it thinner there.   Designed in blowout zone for operator safety?
View Quote

Lol no. It uses a rotating barrel not tilting, that cut is so it can clear the slide.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It is a refreshing change of pace to seen an actual blued slide on a polymer gun, instead of just some shitty baked on finish.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting.

View Quote

wait WTF is that? P40L 10mm? Ok do want.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Been wanting a 10mm for some time now. Really was hoping VLTOR would have brought out the Fortis by now. . Really wanted that one.
May have to try to get hands on with this one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

View Quote

Can't you just get an aftermarket barrel?  That would be cheaper.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Price needs to come down on these. By $200 or more for me to even consider them. Especially since I only paid $350 for my K100.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Price needs to come down on these. By $200 or more for me to even consider them. Especially since I only paid $350 for my K100.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

MK7??
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

MK7??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MK7??

I'll buy one in 2 years when CDNN is closing them out for $299

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The grip is all fucky looking, but other than that I like it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The L series P40L and P45L are the long slide versions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

wait WTF is that? P40L 10mm? Ok do want.

The L series P40L and P45L are the long slide versions.

I rather wish Eagle would have launched with those versions instead of the 4.25" models. The possibility of the 5" 10mm (or .45 for that matter) coming out later is the only thing that gives me pause about buying this one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Seriously i hate you op. Sigh.....i already wanted a grand power.....now I have to get one.

Thought i was done was 10mm after i sold my mauser m2 10mm conversion.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Huh. Sort of want.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks like I have yet another new 10 to lust after.

Someone tell me when they start to filter into shops.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

View Quote

how the hell is that happening? I have a 88 vintage that handles old old hot hot norma stuff with out bulging. sounds like a ramp job gone wrong.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

how the hell is that happening? I have a 88 vintage that handles old old hot hot norma stuff with out bulging. sounds like a ramp job gone wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

DE's can be iffy. I've had them with too deep a ramp, and ones that ran with hot ammo. Personally I dont run hot 10mm in my DEs anymore, but only because I have a Glock 10mm for that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

DE's can be iffy. I've had them with too deep a ramp, and ones that ran with hot ammo. Personally I dont run hot 10mm in my DEs anymore, but only because I have a Glock 10mm for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

Kinda liking this ...but I got so many G20 mags.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Meh, I'm holding out for the Vltor Bren Ten.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

10mm GP100?

This.  My DE doesn't, I'd be sending it back to Colt.  

Granted, it is not as nice to shoot as my CBOB, but the wife likes the DE better.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

That'd be one tenacious hold
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Job, is that you?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That was me.  I had to beg Jaro for years for the P45.  I am also hoping he'll be able to import his new toy, the Stribog, although it will have to be neutered to semi-auto only.  The prototype is using UZI mags.  I am unclear on whether the production model (in production for European consumption, btw) uses a modified or original Uzi/Colt mag.  Here's Jaro with his new toy:

http://youtu.be/j9SygEuNxkw

https://youtu.be/j9SygEuNxkw

Now THAT will put a smile on your face!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck yesss. There's a member here that was talking about knowing the owner of GP in an MPX thread. I said to him to tell his buddy to hurry up with this! I'm going to take credit.

I'm excited to see range reviews on the recoil and the fact now Glock has a 10mm competitor at a potentially cheaper price.

That was me.  I had to beg Jaro for years for the P45.  I am also hoping he'll be able to import his new toy, the Stribog, although it will have to be neutered to semi-auto only.  The prototype is using UZI mags.  I am unclear on whether the production model (in production for European consumption, btw) uses a modified or original Uzi/Colt mag.  Here's Jaro with his new toy:

http://youtu.be/j9SygEuNxkw

https://youtu.be/j9SygEuNxkw

Now THAT will put a smile on your face!

Hahaha he seems like an awesome guy. Anything that can deeply undercut the TMP, MPX, and SMGs of that type in price yet offer more than the Scorpion would be hot. I know that if Nolo wins I would make my carry gun one of those GP pistols with the two round burst .
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's about that time of year someone contacts them and asks what's going on with the bren 10 project.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Oh, yeah:  To see the stuff available in Europe, hit up www.grandpower.eu  You will have to select English, but some things on the Slovak side are not on the English side.  Just sayin'

Dammit.  He changed the site on me.  The Slovak language Carbine (karabina) page doesn't lead anywhere, now.
View Quote

Something about their pistols just look sexy as hell.

Almost reminds me of a sexy looking MP443 Grach.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The grip is all fucky looking, but other than that I like it.
View Quote

They have a natural feel to them in the hand, I handled a MK7 at a gun show and was amazed at the feel and the smoothness of the double and single action trigger. My only gripe and it is nit picking, I would prefer a metal trigger.

I have just about convinced myself to order a P1 MK12.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

Figure about $400 or so to get a ramped barrel, and have someone worth a shit to do the work.

Fuck it, why not just drop $600 or so and get a better pistol over all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10mm GP100?

Probably. It's been back to Colt once for a new slide and barrel.

This is a "new" manufacture Delta, 2008, iirc. It's been back once for another slide and barrel to "fix" it. Now it only bulges hot 10mm, instead of everything, including Blazer aluminum. Pistol seemed to run ok, save for these being ejected, of course.

I have other "quality" control issues with it, too.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Neat

Nice seeing more 10mm Autos on the market.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I just wish there was a way (in the U.S.) to suppress the Grand Powers.  I wouldn't even mind making a Form 1 can that's dedicated to it, but I don't want to filddle around trying to come up with a rotating Neilson device.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just wish there was a way (in the U.S.) to suppress the Grand Powers.  I wouldn't even mind making a Form 1 can that's dedicated to it, but I don't want to filddle around trying to come up with a rotating Neilson device.
View Quote

I would think a LID would work regardless. Backwards is backwards.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#50]
They are nice looking guns.  I was thinking of getting the K100.  Can't beat the price.

Rather have one in .357 Sig than 10mm but that is not relevant I guess.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top