Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2001 6:03:18 PM EDT
I currently have a Bushy with an AK-74 break and would like a Bushy M4 upper. The AK break works great but is the Y comp as good?  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Recoil reduction is not an issue with the AR, it has almost no recoil.  The AK brake does a good job of dissipating blast.  The Y-comp willBLOW THE EARS OFF A BRASS MONKEY!  I strongly suggest that you avoid the Y-comp, unless you are already stone deaf.[shotgun]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#3]
For just a little bit more money than the cost of a Bushy upper, you can get a whole Limited Edition rifle, and you won't have to decide between the AK and Y-Comp!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got one of these.
http://www.cavalryarms.com/accessories.htm
from Cav Arms.
Brownell's has them.
They look very much like a pre-ban / M16 Flash suppressor.
I'm going to shoot it this weekend, we'll see how loud it is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Bushy M4 with AK brake and I love it. Imagine taking a .223 rifle with very little recoil to begin with and then add a M-brake that reduces recoil another 70%. You now have a rifle that will stay on target in rapid fire very little effort. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I would rather have a Flash suppressor, but an AK brake is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The Y-comp is very effective but DAMN LOUD!!

Personally I would rather have nothing on a post-ban.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
And Damn U-G-L-Y!
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an AK Shorty and the blast and noise from the comp isn't really an issue, the Y Comp may well be another story.

Bill

Happiness is a warn gun...
Bang bang, shoot shoot...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top