BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2001 5:54:17 PM EDT
First time it has been spoken out loud.
One more piece of the puzzle.
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010425/ts/china_usa_dc_22.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard on the news that he was backing out of giving them ship technology. Specifically Destroyer info. Hope he backs them all the way though.  Heard this a couple of days ago. [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It is way past time.

I am still trying to understand why we have not been more bold in supporting one of our most steadfast allies, a democratically elected government, and a bigger trading partner than half the pacific rim combined.  

It is nothing short of a national disgrace that we support Red China over the Republic of China.  Hell, we will see the end of the Red tyranny in just a short time and we are bending our national policy to keep them from losing face?  Disgusting.

Taiwan has never really been a part of China for a very long time.  It was controlled in this century by the Nips till the end of WW2, then the losing side of the civil war took refuge there more than half a century ago.  A real Mexican standoff came about while Mao got his a** shot off in Korea.

This insane policy I would expect from the French, not our government.  It was justified to some extent during the cold war - playing China off against the Russians, but not now.    
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
He was on CNN saying it today. I thought that this is new.?.? I know it as been aluded to but him coming out and broadcasting it, is new. The timing is a little funny. He said that he will continue to do economic trading with the chinee but he wants them to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top