Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2001 4:19:57 AM EDT
ABCNEWS.com
Philly PA:..a kindergartner was crushed to death on his way out of the school cafeteria after he brushed against or leaned upon a fold-up table wh was stored (folded up) in the cafeteria. Aparently it fell over off its' coasters onto the child, who was pronounced dead at the school.

Look for a big liberal media blitz against "Assault Tables" tonight: 1 table-a-month laws, registration of tables, etc.

Hmmm......who needs more than one table anyway?
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The table was improperly stored where a child could get to it. It should have been locked in a safe. Must have been a Saturday night table anyway. The table manufacturer is going to catch a lawsuit.

And I’m not minimizing the tragedy of a child being killed in a stupid, preventable accident.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 4:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably right about the lawsuit: 'deep pocket' rule and all....phukkin shysters. Muhammad Dimbulb, who left table out without a table-lock will probably get off, especially if he was black. I heard Jonnie C0ck-Ran is gonna be arriving there this afternoon to take over the legal defense team for the janitor...[-!-]
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing I noticed is all these assault against the 2nd in the name of child safety has left such a bad taste in our mouths that we now joke about a childs untimely and tragic death.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
A kid gets thrown out of school for pointing a chicken strip and another kid gets killed by a table. The joke is the priorities of the people supervising our children at school. I have a grandchild and I would not be joking with anyone that hurt him or let him be hurt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I am the father of three, so I understand what your saying, personally I make zero jokes about dead children. Thats all.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The news media is full of bull $hit.  Those folks only report the outrageous, the more outrageous the better.  I feel real sad for the child killed, real unfortunate, but it is not as outrageous as being shot with a gun.  So therefore the news media will make a big deal about the chicken fingered gun incident, which doesn't happen every day, whereas children die every day, in car accidents, drowning etc.  We have to keep in mind, just because the news media doesn't report it, it doesn't mean it did not happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top