Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2015 5:39:36 PM EDT
Gee, guys. I learned a whole lot of stuff I had no clue about before this morning.
Such as, machineguns have "rifled chambers" because the round fires before the bolt closes and locks. Evidenced by existance of fired cases with "rifling marks". He didn't want to hear about H&Ks striated chambers and their purpose, though.
A relatively small suppressor (approx 12-15 inches by 1.5 dia.) will completely silence a heavy caliber centerfire rifle.
He also mentioned a "freezeplug suppressor" which I've never heard of, but I can at least make sense of the concept.

The best one was, "an M16 fires with an open bolt"  and fires before the bolt lugs engage, and m16 bolts and AR 15 bolts are different but interchangeable.(Not bolt carriers, bolts), I asked to be sure I understood him.

There was a fair bit of other derp, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Is there some video game where these people "learn" this stuff or what?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

benefits of a public school education
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG another one of those gun experts.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
freeze plug suppressors do exist.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
There are at least two humongous threads on the "freeze-plug" suppressor and how awesome it is.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Always good to have an expert around.  You'll learn tons from this guy OP.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My new boss was telling some other co-workers about how silencers and FA weapons are highly illegal and you can't own them.  I let him go on for a bit and politely interrupted him and corrected everything he said.  3 of the people he was talking to have suppressors or machineguns and all though his lecture was very amusing.

It's made all the more amusing because he's completely ignorant about his job and really doesn't have  more than a rudimentary concept of IT.  Yet he's the new manager - go figure.  He is a nice guy though.

Anyone need an infrastructure supervisor/ manager or network/ security/ server admin.  I do pretty much everything.  Anyone?  

[/rant]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are at least two humongous threads on the "freeze-plug" suppressor and how awesome it is.
View Quote

I have two a.30 cal and a .22 cal.

The .30 cal isn't as quiet as my Specwar but it works pretty good. Never tried a factory .22 can but the C-cell freeze plug one I made is awesome all I hear is the action cycle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like someone with a lot of half knowledge that he extrapolated details from.

Essentially, he's massively over qualified to be an Internet shitposter.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Have a company range outing and make sure the company armorer shows up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
One of our old retired guys stopped by after an estate sale a couple weeks back.

He told the gun-ignorant guy in another office that he bought a Mini-14, which is the civilian version of an M16 and can be made full auto for $12.  

I was ready to punch a hole in the wall and leave work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I try not to talk about gonnes.  They're icky.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
He got one right .

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OMG another one of those gun experts.
View Quote

Yeah, I understood the concept as soon as he said it, just wasn't a terminology I'd encountered before.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Ask him if a .44 mag can be fired in a .45 as the bullet of the .44 is smaller.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He got one right .  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He got one right .  

They're the best, because they don't get as hot as a regular suppressor.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gee, guys. I learned a whole lot of stuff I had no clue about before this morning.
Such as, machineguns have "rifled chambers" because the round fires before the bolt closes and locks. Evidenced by existance of fired cases with "rifling marks". He didn't want to hear about H&Ks striated chambers and their purpose, though.
A relatively small suppressor (approx 12-15 inches by 1.5 dia.) will completely silence a heavy caliber centerfire rifle.
He also mentioned a "freezeplug suppressor" which I've never heard of, but I can at least make sense of the concept.

The best one was, "an M16 fires with an open bolt"  and fires before the bolt lugs engage, and m16 bolts and AR 15 bolts are different but interchangeable.(Not bolt carriers, bolts), I asked to be sure I understood him.

There was a fair bit of other derp, but I'm sure you get the idea.

View Quote

He's obviously left his appointed gun counter to educate the world.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

They appear to be popular with the "solvent trap" crowd.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
M231 port firing weapons fire from the open bolt - of course the lugs engage before the firing pin is forced forward.

Colt's LMG from the 80's was also open bolt.

In other words, he's an idiot.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are many many people on this site that have legally Form 1'd them. There is a hundred page thread of builds..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top