Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2015 1:20:09 PM EDT
seeks to nix the term "illegal alien" and replace it with "undocumented foreign national"

A bill introduced in the House on Thursday would change how immigrants are referred in federal laws.

Rep. Joaquín Castro (D-Texas) has introduced the Correcting Hurtful and Alienating Names in Government Expression Act. The bill would remove the term "illegal alien" and replace it with "undocumented foreign national” and keep executive branch agencies from using “alien” or "illegal alien" in signage and literature.

"America is a nation of immigrants, yet our federal government continues to use terms that dehumanize and ostracize those in our society who happen to have been born elsewhere," Castro said in a release.
"Regardless of status, immigrants to our nation are first and foremost human beings. Removing the term 'alien' from our federal laws shows respect to our shared heritage and to the hundreds of millions of descendants of immigrants who call America home."

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/257801-house-bill-would-change-term-for-immigrants-in-federal-law

Just cuck my shit up fam.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The CHANGE Act? Dude is trying to ride Obummer's panties.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
We've already seen what CHANGE does for this country.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It's only a matter of time before this happens.................
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It's nicer than the words I would use...
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's nicer than the words I would use...
View Quote

Come on, let those feelings out.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]

So the word 'alien' is alienating, huh?

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember when "illegal alien" became the preferred nomenclature for fucking wetback?

How long will the new niceties will last? Much shorter I am sure as illegal shit at all levels is surely snowballing apace

And,  in hindsight Phil Collins was an unwitting racist

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top